Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   my mangs, suchfriends really gone huh? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114362)

dead_battery 01.08.2017 09:58 AM

my mangs, suchfriends really gone huh?

it looks like suchfriends really is gone

i cant believe im still here in 2017 on this dead dead board. oh well. its kind of nice actually. i reckoned that once one of the big 3 guys at the top of the rep list stop posting this place is basically over. dont know why i am still here except to enjoy the anachronism of it all.

ripinpeace suchfriends

i think we should ban everyone, close new user sign up and make plips ubermod

Toilet & Bowels 01.08.2017 10:11 AM

No one knows what keeps us here

PLips 01.08.2017 10:32 AM

The Hope that Kim and Thurston will reconcile and Sonic Youth will get back together again

evollove 01.08.2017 03:28 PM

https://twitter.com/habte_sabroso

Severian 01.09.2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

Did he share this himself, or did it fall into your hands through some kind of trolling or treachery? Not accusing, just wondering.

If he shared it with folks here voluntarily, no problem. But if not, or if he only did so with a select, trusted few, then it's not something that should be advertised.

Again, not accusing... just asking. I'm sure there's no malicious intent here, but in the event that he didn't want this to be shared, it's certainly our responsibility to respect his privacy, and avoid behind creepy fuckers.

Peterpuff 01.09.2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
No one knows what keeps us here

My tendency to need to procrastinate while at work...

Toilet & Bowels 01.09.2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterpuff
My tendency to need to procrastinate while at work...

Is that how you racked up a towering 167 posts?

!@#$%! 01.09.2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Did he share this himself, or did it fall into your hands through some kind of trolling or treachery? Not accusing, just wondering.

If he shared it with folks here voluntarily, no problem. But if not, or if he only did so with a select, trusted few, then it's not something that should be advertised.

Again, not accusing... just asking. I'm sure there's no malicious intent here, but in the event that he didn't want this to be shared, it's certainly our responsibility to respect his privacy, and avoid behind creepy fuckers.

lol @ "sabroso"

if i recall well (i usually recall well) he once posted news that some sports commentator had retweeted him on twitter, and offered a link to prove it, whereby he doxed himself for vanity

dead_battery 01.09.2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

...fucking white people, amirite? (pause for laughter/suppression of cognitive dissonance).

Severian 01.09.2017 05:20 PM

Well, I've been plagued by some weird ass shit in my personal life from online fuckwads before, so I don't feel super comfortable with the idea of sharing SFAD's twitter, and I hope nobody does or says anything inappropriate with the information. No trolling his students for kicks, or what have you. Not that anyone here would do that (I honestly don't think anyone would) but just... prove me right and play nice. That's all.

!@#$%! 01.09.2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Well, I've been plagued by some weird ass shit in my personal life from online fuckwads before, so I don't feel super comfortable with the idea of sharing SFAD's twitter, and I hope nobody does or says anything inappropriate with the information. No trolling his students for kicks, or what have you. Not that anyone here would do that (I honestly don't think anyone would) but just... prove me right and play nice. That's all.

i think his twitter, which should be in the basketball thread where he made such boast (i think) is once removed from his actual personal ilfe and real name. but i wouldnt know.

(his last name is NOT sabroso tho, for sure)

the funniest part of all this is that in spite of your voiced concerns you actually quoted that address for posterity ha ha haha.

Peterpuff 01.09.2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Is that how you racked up a towering 167 posts?

Haha, yep! Quite intimidating, isn't it?!?! /flex

It is odd though. I honestly have posted here more post SY breakup than before. Not sure why, just always remained content in my lurker ways I guess.

PLips 01.09.2017 06:24 PM

He's a blessed champ! He knows how to win an argument!

evollove 01.09.2017 06:29 PM

I was watching celebrity meltdowns and runins with the paparazzi on youtube, and feeling sleazy but also intrigued by how these people act in such situations. It's so human.

Then it was suggested I watch footage of Kristen Stewart crying in the street. I declined and took a shower.

Quote:

Well, I've been plagued by some weird ass shit in my personal life from online fuckwads before, so I don't feel super comfortable with the idea of sharing SFAD's twitter

Twitter isn't private. Anyone in the entire world is free to read that account. That's the whole fucking point of the site, Severin.

Or should I say Gary Hepburn, 145 Firestone Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105???

PLips 01.09.2017 06:37 PM

Every God Fearing Christian is going to go through the crucifixion during the Apocalypse. You are purified through the Venom of the serpent, that's why there's a snake on Asclepius's staff the Great Greek Physician or God of Medicine. Suchfriends is so pure it's only his ego that's going to die and be reborn. I went through it since 2011 and it's over now. So many lizard people are trolls. When it's over he'll be a snake charmer. Hurts like fucking Hell to become devout though.

Severian 01.09.2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think his twitter, which should be in the basketball thread where he made such boast (i think) is once removed from his actual personal ilfe and real name. but i wouldnt know.

(his last name is NOT sabroso tho, for sure)

You mean his last name isn't Tasty? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the funniest part of all this is that in spite of your voiced concerns you actually quoted that address for posterity ha ha haha.

godfuckingdammit.

This would be a great time to say "D'oh!" if this was, y'know, 1994.

dead_battery 01.09.2017 06:45 PM

the secret of suchbongs was that he was addicted to rep, he mercilessly pumped out pos rep to everyone because doing so raises the reppers rep (at least according to him). he was a goddamn rep addict

Severian 01.09.2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

I was watching celebrity meltdowns and runins with the paparazzi on youtube, and feeling sleazy but also intrigued by how these people act in such situations. It's so human.

Then it was suggested I watch footage of Kristen Stewart crying in the street. I declined and took a shower.

You did the right thing.

Quote:

Twitter isn't private. Anyone in the entire world is free to read that account. That's the whole fucking point of the site, Severin.
Or should I say Gary Hepburn, 145 Firestone Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105???

Actually, Twitter can absolutely be private. At least to the extent that Facebook and other social media shitshows can be. The program's default is public, but you can set you preferences to make a Twitter feed that's as private as an encrypted email if you so choose.

There are college and graduate level courses that are taught through Twitter. Informational reading is posted by profs who grant students permission to access the feed. That's not something anyone can just hop online and gawk at.

Long story short, you're half-wrong about that thing you said. I don't know why the fuck I'm dragging it out like this.

!@#$%! 01.09.2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
the secret of suchbongs was that he was addicted to rep, he mercilessly pumped out pos rep to everyone because doing so raises the reppers rep (at least according to him). he was a goddamn rep addict

there was no rep button he could resist

at many points in time 3 out of my 5 reps would be from him

i bet im not the only one

Peterpuff 01.09.2017 07:02 PM

Wait, are there others here from OKC? Surely that was some sort of inside joke or something I have missed out on? Or is this all too creepy real and stuffs.