Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Would you all please... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3366)

HaydenAsche 06.23.2006 11:05 PM

Would you all please...

shut the fuck up with the Rather Ripped threads. I don't care if you like it. Isn't one thread enough? How about 13? Couldn't you have stopped there?

atari 2600 06.23.2006 11:08 PM

oh, I'm upsetting you guys with my bumps I see...

haha

Hey, I don't start meaningless topics at the drop of a hat - - -

that's the exhalted porkmarras' function.

LifeDistortion 06.23.2006 11:08 PM

Drawing attention to it will only make it worse.

acousticrock87 06.23.2006 11:09 PM

I almost started a thread like this. But I'm sure it will just spark something off instead. But ya, I really don't care who likes or dislikes the CD. At all.

HaydenAsche 06.23.2006 11:12 PM

I wasn't talking about you Atari. I was talking about the threads that just read "Rather Ripped is good" or "Rather Ripped got 4/5 in Rolling Stone" or what have you.

This probably will make it worse. Daycare/Gookid will just continue to make more.

I wish the ignore function ignored threads.

atari 2600 06.23.2006 11:14 PM

I know you weren't, Hayden, I was just taking my shot.

If the topic is intrinsically the criticism of flippant topic-starters, then the main offender is not RR threads, it's pork-fucking-marras...period.

I like porkmarras, but enough is enough with his willy-nilly topic-megalomania.

toxic johnny 06.24.2006 03:45 AM

Don't you see it's the inevitable backlash against all of the people who slammed RR at every available opportunity to such a tedious extent.... they have in effect caused this phenomenon.

porkmarras 06.24.2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
I know you weren't, Hayden, I was just taking my shot.

If the topic is intrinsically the criticism of flippant topic-starters, then the main offender is not RR threads, it's pork-fucking-marras...period.

I like porkmarras, but enough is enough with his willy-nilly topic-megalomania.

Off topic you idiot.Sad.

lizzarddd 06.24.2006 08:26 AM

hey look, this thread makes it 14 about RR.

Inhuman 06.24.2006 08:27 AM

There's far too many about the reviews. "_____ reviews Rather Ripped!". It would be easier and cleaner to keep them all in a Rather Ripped review thread. Be easier if Chris made Rather Ripped it's own section along with Sonic Sounds, Non-Sonics, etc... Personally I love Rather Ripped, but all these threads are driving me nuts.

fishmonkey 06.24.2006 08:35 AM

DRIVING ME NUTZ!

porkmarras 06.24.2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
shut the fuck up with the Rather Ripped threads. I don't care if you like it. Isn't one thread enough? How about 13? Couldn't you have stopped there?

As much as these threads might annoy me or not,let's not forget that this is the Sonic Youth website after all,not your own living room.It shouldn't be too difficult to also notice that they are mostly posted in the Sonic Gossip section................nothing strange there,eh?I mostly find annoying the humorless,patronizing and downright sad rantings of people who can't simply chat about music without turning the whole thing into an argument or a 'who's got better taste blah blah fucking blah' tirade(you know who you are).If it really is so boring,why not leave then?Coherence would make it all the better that way.:cool:

HaydenAsche 06.24.2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
As much as these threads might annoy me or not,let's not forget that this is the Sonic Youth website after all,not your own living room.It shouldn't be too difficult to also notice that they are mostly posted in the Sonic Gossip section................nothing strange there,eh?I mostly find annoying the humorless,patronizing and downright sad rantings of people who can't simply chat about music without turning the whole thing into an argument or a 'who's got better taste blah blah fucking blah' tirade(you know who you are).If it really is so boring,why not leave then?Coherence would make it all the better that way.:cool:

You make some sense in your ramblings. The thing is the SAME people post the SAME threads about the SAME album all the fucking time. It gives me a headache. I need a cup of coffee.

porkmarras 06.24.2006 04:19 PM

[quote=HaydenAsche]You make some sense in your ramblings. The thing is the SAME people post the SAME threads about the SAME album all the fucking time. It gives me a headache. I need a cup of coffee.[/qote}
And the same people argue about it.Just as boring.

porkmarras 06.24.2006 04:24 PM

Suck my cock Ass.

porkmarras 06.24.2006 04:26 PM

You don't have to be honey.Shut up and suck.

random homie 06.24.2006 04:32 PM

porkmarras 06.24.2006 04:34 PM

Probably.Not many things to do on a Saturday,eh?

HaydenAsche 06.24.2006 04:34 PM

Nope. I was supposed to go to South Dakota but it is shitty outside. We are having WILLMAR FEST in town and it is teh ghey.

porkmarras 06.24.2006 04:36 PM

Not enough sucking cock chances then?