Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Einstuerzende Neubauten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=246)

A Thousand Threads 01.12.2007 05:53 AM

Iīm in a dilemma.
But iīll probably wait for the next phase.

sonicl 01.24.2007 06:17 PM

Einstuerzende Neubauten Spring tour dates:

April 22nd, Hannover (Capitol)
April 24th, London (Koko)
April 25th, Glasgow (Triptych Festival)
April 26th, Notthingham (Rock City)
April 28th, Minehead (ATP)

Full tour will follow in Autumn 2007.

sonicl 02.07.2007 09:37 AM

Blixa Bargeld Rede/Speech shows

Einsturzende Neubauten frontman Blixa Bargeld presents his one-man performance art piece Rede/Speech. The work explores the boundaries of language and music. Using limited equipment, Boris Wilsdorf controls the distortions and develops opposite the stage whilst Blixa Bargeld produces complex sound textures from a simple sentence.

March 1st: Oslo
March 3rd: Seville
March 4th: Barcelona
March 6th: Bern
March 7th: Zurich
March 17th: Paris
March 19th: London

sonicl 02.23.2007 11:16 AM

More from Herr Bargeld:

Resonance fm, 27 February 2007, 19.00 (UK time)
Jewels In The Show Home
A Conversation With Einstuerzende Neubauten's Blixa Bargeld. It features Bargeld talking about the group's Palast Der Republik concert DVD, Musterhaus series and their website's monthly download series, Jewels, plus extracts of music from all three projects.

The show will be streamed online at the same time as it plays over the airwaves.

http://www.resonancefm.com

terminal pharmacy 02.23.2007 04:54 PM

ahh sonicl you are a wonderful man

krastian 02.24.2007 02:04 AM

What are you're guys favorite 3 or so EN albums? I listened to them years ago, but I think it was the wrong albums......they have a pretty big discography.

sonicl 02.24.2007 05:42 PM

My favourites probably aren't a lot of other peoples' favourites:

9-15-2000, Brussells (live)
Halber Mensch
Tabula Rasa

Kyohan 02.24.2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
What are you're guys favorite 3 or so EN albums? I listened to them years ago, but I think it was the wrong albums......they have a pretty big discography.

Kollaps
Halber Mensch
Perpetuum Mobile

Good examples of each phase of their career.

terminal pharmacy 02.25.2007 12:13 AM

richtascala
ende neu
patient o.t.

krastian 02.27.2007 12:15 AM

Thanks for the recommendations!

A Thousand Threads 04.17.2007 03:34 AM

watched "Listen with Pain" yesterday -

Damn, there should be law that everyone has to watch this at least 3 times.
Nice Footage from the early 80s up to 1999 and very interesting interviews.

Highly recommendet !

sonicl 04.17.2007 03:43 AM

^
I've repeatedly wondered about getting that, but I'm sure that I've seen bad reviews of it on the Neubauten website.

Have you seen "Liebeslieder"? I have a feeling that one of the complaints about "Listen With Pain" may be that it repeats a lot of stuff that was on "Leibesleider". Can you say if that is the case?

A Thousand Threads 04.17.2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
^
I've repeatedly wondered about getting that, but I'm sure that I've seen bad reviews of it on the Neubauten website.

Have you seen "Liebeslieder"? I have a feeling that one of the complaints about "Listen With Pain" may be that it repeats a lot of stuff that was on "Leibesleider". Can you say if that is the case?

Sorry, canīt say anything about that, havenīt watched Liebeslieder yet and so most of the footage seemed new to me.
I really like the bonus material - studio footage of the Silence is Sexy recordings.

Florya 04.17.2007 05:42 AM

Don't buy 'Listen With Pain'. It's another one of Stevo's scams to try and make money out of EN without the band receiving a penny.
The man has no shame.

Anyone going to see them at KoKo next week?

sonicl 04.17.2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
Don't buy 'Listen With Pain'. It's another one of Stevo's scams to try and make money out of EN without the band receiving a penny.
The man has no shame.

Yes, I went onto the Neubauten supporters forum and found that was what is was being slated for.

Quote:

Of course!

Florya 04.17.2007 06:22 AM

see you there then!

sonicl 04.17.2007 09:05 AM

E-mail from Neubauten.org:

As you may know, we have a very brief tour coming up next week, and the schedule is as follows:

* Saturday, April 22nd, Hannover (Capitol)
* Tuesday, April 24th, London (Koko)
* Wednesday, April 25th, Glasgow (Triptych Festival)
* Thursday, April 26th, Notthingham (Rock City)
* Saturday, April 28th, Minehead (All Tomorrow's Parties)

We do expect to have merchandise and live CDs available, in case you are wondering.

We will also have 2 special webcasts this week, in anticipation of the tour.

* Thursday, April 19th, 11pm: Alex Hacke live concert
* Friday, April 20th, 6pm: Tour Preview Concert

Please note that the April 20th tour preview concert will be a public webcast open to all -- if you have friends who haven't been able to join us or are debating about buying a concert ticket, please let them know. The webcast will be accessible from both the public "watch" page (here) and the usual supporter "live" page.

Webmaster
neubauten.org

A Thousand Threads 04.17.2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

The man has no shame.

Oh, havenīt bought it, i borrowed it from a friend who has it. Anyways,
I really enjoyed it even though itīs one of Some Bizzareīs releases.
Fuck that stupid Dandy Stevo Pearce, though!!

I still hope that the Neubauten will add some more European dates.

sonicl 04.19.2007 03:05 AM

A couple of quick updates:

1. Alexander Hacke's concert webcast today has been postponed to May 14th because of health reasons. More info on that soon.

2. Correction to the last email: yes the Hannover gig is on the 22nd, which is a Sunday. Sorry for any confusion.

3. Notthingham gig has just been canceled because the venue was not able to sell enough tickets. We just found out about this last night and want to warn those of you with tickets and/or travel plans as soon as possible. If you live in the area you might however want to take the crew out for a drink.

Webmaster
neubauten.org

Florya 04.19.2007 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
3. Notthingham gig has just been canceled because the venue was not able to sell enough tickets.

Maybe the people of Nottingham took offence at the misspelling of their city's name. :)