Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Einstuerzende Neubauten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=246)

o o o 11.07.2006 07:12 PM

oh yes, probably.

ah, no, i did not go to see mv/ee, i simply forgot about it and was only reminded of this concert when i saw you post about it on monday... i have this habit of missing good concerts, it seems. were there many people? the hebbel am ufer is quite a big venue...

jon boy 11.08.2006 04:10 AM

there were not that many people aactually and yes its a very big room. they didnt start playing until after 12.30 and stopped at 1.40ish. i was so tired by the end but they were really good and the support band were exellent.

sonic sphere 11.08.2006 06:45 AM

i saw them in the temple bar music centre a few years ago. one of the best gigs i've had the pleasure of being at

porkmarras 11.08.2006 06:53 AM

I have been a fan for years and they remain one of the best things that happened to music ever.Kollaps is a materpiece but only one in a long chain of Neubauten excellent records.

sonicl 11.17.2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Einstuerzende Neubauten have just released their first live DVD, "Palast Der Republik". The DVD consists primarily of concert footage from a historic concert at the Palast der Republik in Berlin on November 4th, 2004, where the band played in and with the former Parliament building of East Germany before it got torn down. The band is joined by a choir of 100 supporters from the Phase 2 of the supporter project.

Track Listing
Haus Der Luege
Armenia
Weilweilweil (Rampe)
Youme & Meyou
Perpetuum Mobile
Dead Friends (Around the Corner)
Grundstueck:
GS:1
GS:2
Unseasonable Weather
GS:3
Vox Populi
Was Ist Ist
Ein leichtes leises Saeuseln
Sabrina
Alles

Bonus material
Die Befindlichkeit des Landes
Redukt
Full length band commentary in German and English

I'm watching this DVD at the moment, and I recommend it. The commentary is really good - a mix of highly informative and funny. A Thousand Threads and Пятхъдесят Шест - add it to your Christmas lists.

Пятхъдесят Шест 11.17.2006 07:55 PM

Great idea, Soincl!

zedius 11.17.2006 08:00 PM

Many people have told me to listen to them over the years, and my girlfriend got me a sweet Neubauten shirt from some weird garage sale in vancouver one time, but I can't get into them. I like Youme and Meyou, but that's the only song I've heard that I like so far. Yet I'm sure I'll like them in the future :)

Пятхъдесят Шест 11.17.2006 08:03 PM

What else have you heard?

terminal pharmacy 11.17.2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

I'm watching this DVD at the moment, and I recommend it. The commentary is really good - a mix of highly informative and funny. A Thousand Threads and Пятхъдесят Шест - add it to your Christmas lists.

is the version of redukt live??? one of my favourite tracks ever

zedius 11.17.2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
What else have you heard?

Oh I don't know. I downloaded a bunch a long time ago, and honestly it sounded too cheesy and german-gothic-art-faggy for my liking. In the sense that it sounded like some cheesy german goth's bad excuse for "art". And I know they aren't that at all, I know lots of people have good reasons to like them. I probably downloaded a bad album.

I think one day it will shift into my life in a way that makes sense, but I can't seem to fit it as things are right now.

Edit: Trying to zone in on sabrina right now

Edit2: Haus der Leuge is better

Пятхъдесят Шест 11.17.2006 08:29 PM

I've never seen someone use cheesy to describe their sound. I'm a little taken back. I guess some of their 80s output might sound a little dated, but those are some of my favorites.

If you'd like me to upload a certain album for you, I will.

zedius 11.17.2006 08:38 PM

Naw I will get into them in good time. I'm sure I will.

Turns out it's the video to sabrina I was first exposed to.

sonicl 11.18.2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
is the version of redukt live??? one of my favourite tracks ever

It is, yes. And it's good.

PAULYBEE2656 11.18.2006 06:12 AM

love neubauten as i have already said but i got this recently. fm eindheit and mark chungs band before en... abwarts...

real good

Florya 11.23.2006 06:41 AM

I'm a supporter - missed out on Phase 1 tho. :(

Bastian 12.12.2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Cool trailer! Have you heard about Blixa Bargeld doing commercials for a german diy store/building center (which kinda fits, with all the tools they're using hehe)? They were hilarious, but in german only, obviously. Blixa reading from the store's catalogue, in a similar voice like in that trailer.

BTW, nice Neubauten jumper you were wearing at ATP.. :)

_slavo_ 12.12.2006 01:17 PM

My favourite is probably Tabula Rasa...or Haus der Luege

Bastian 12.12.2006 01:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj95b...elated&search=

Dead-Air 12.13.2006 12:54 AM

I love E.N. from the earliest stuff to the most recent, they continue to grow musically and yet maintain their completely original sound. If only when people talked about "industrial music" they were still talking about what E.N. pioneered and not the horrible post-Reznor shit.

Inhuman 12.13.2006 01:21 AM

Nuebauten puts out nearly flawless albums, I really need to invest in more of their stuff. "Blume" and "Wuste" are two of my all time favs.