Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   spill yr vinyls - YOUR SY COLLECTION! BOAST! PICS! HERE! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12078)

Severian 11.03.2012 10:08 AM

Everything but my CD collection is in storage dammit.

My vinyl collection is not massive. Just the studio albums, a few singles, and some solo stuff, with a few odds and ends like Whitey, soundtracks, and tribute albums. Still, I would like to be able to post a pic.

How about a screenshot of my iTunes or Spotify playlists?

EVOLghost 11.03.2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Yeah, you have some vinyls missing...but I am little jealous about your Kill yr Idols :) BTW was it hard to find (I have never seen it)? Is yours original or 87-reissue?



Yeah...Getting a little closer(to having all their studio albums on vinyl format)...I just bought sister yesterday.

Mortte Jousimo 11.04.2012 06:51 AM

Thanx Stu, but I am so oldfashioned that I donīt want to buy any second-hand albums from the internet...but anyway there is hope to see it in the vinyl happenings, because there are so many in discogs...and I was really suprised about the price, it will be ok to me have that 87 reissue someday!

Dr Chocolate 11.06.2012 11:46 PM

i got

Confusion Is Sex (180 gram)
Bad Moon Rising (180 gram)
Evol (180 gram)
Sister (180 gram)
Daydream Nation (4 LP Boxset)
Goo (4 LP Boxset)
Dirty (4 LP Boxset)
Sonic Nurse
The Eternal (180 gram)
SYR1
SYR2

i did own an original Psychic Hearts in high school on green vinyl
i picked up the reissue, but the album was fucked
there was a bad melted spot on the edge of side 1
it sucked because i bought it at a store over 2 hours away
so not like i could take it back and shit
so i dont buy albums out of town anymore, unless i plan on opening them right away

i also owned Free Kitten's Unboxed on LP as well
but that's the one i really wish i held onto, because i blew too much on the cd
just to find out that the cd has less songs then the lp did

and then there's the new one that i will have on vinyl

Mortte Jousimo 11.07.2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah...Getting a little closer(to having all their studio albums on vinyl format)...I just bought sister yesterday.

Sister was my first SY-vinyl! I think vinyl version is definitely the best, because the cover looks so fine in vinyl, in cd the pictures are just too small. Also I donīt think Master-dik belongs into Sister (I think also Bubblegum donīt belong in EVOL, Expressway in locked groove is just so fine ending. But I canīt imagine Dirty without Stalker anymore, on the other hand I really miss Genetic from Dirty. I can admit my vinyl enthusiasm is part of my opinions).

EVOLghost 11.08.2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Sister was my first SY-vinyl! I think vinyl version is definitely the best, because the cover looks so fine in vinyl, in cd the pictures are just too small. Also I donīt think Master-dik belongs into Sister (I think also Bubblegum donīt belong in EVOL, Expressway in locked groove is just so fine ending. But I canīt imagine Dirty without Stalker anymore, on the other hand I really miss Genetic from Dirty. I can admit my vinyl enthusiasm is part of my opinions).



Yeah. I wasnt planning spending much on vinyl that day...but you can pass up an op of sister with Disney world on there :D

Mortte Jousimo 11.10.2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah. I wasnt planning spending much on vinyl that day...but you can pass up an op of sister with Disney world on there :D

:):) :)

Sonic Al 11.20.2012 05:54 PM

Click On This To Make Bigger !!! Part one of some of my Sy Collection !!
Sorry I Don't know how to add had a bigger photo.
Thanks

Rob Instigator 11.21.2012 09:02 AM

Looks like you stole my records! Nice collection of 7" there!

krischanski 11.21.2012 02:30 PM

Test press of what is that in the lower right corner?

CHOUT 11.21.2012 05:02 PM

Recent acquisitions:

 

Spine shots...I didn't want to pull them all out..these kinda suck.
 

 

CHOUT 11.21.2012 05:25 PM

krischanski, king of the completists!
wow. How'd I miss those pics? I'm pretty bad, but I won't go that far in collecting!

Sonic Al 11.21.2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krischanski
Test press of what is that in the lower right corner?

It's actually an 8" Acetate of 'The Destroyed Room':)

Lazewski 11.22.2012 07:55 PM

Can someone post pics of what the new Smart Bar looks like, CD/Vinyl back cover, inside, the CD, etc. Thank ya.

Dr Chocolate 12.06.2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Sonic Youth only

 


I couldn't be bothered to do my Sonic related stuff too...



what is the MCA 7"
is that for the Pump Up The Jam soundtrack?

stu666 12.06.2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Chocolate
what is the MCA 7"
is that for the Pump Up The Jam soundtrack?


Titanium Expose from the Pump Up The Volume soundtrack.

http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/ep24.html

Dr Chocolate 12.06.2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Titanium Expose from the Pump Up The Volume soundtrack.

http://sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/ep24.html



thanks

how's it sound at 33?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth