Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm listening to Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=111138)

floatingslowly 01.29.2015 04:25 PM

I'm listening to Sonic Youth

for the first time (other than random one-offs), in a very long time.

I'm not sure what made me stop caring. maybe, it was just the break I needed to be able to enjoy them again, as I once did, or maybe achieving 4 of 181 on my ipod just seems like less of a chore now. who knows, but I found myself thinking "YEAH, I WANNA KILL MY IDOLS TOO", just like the old days. maybe I'm just sleep-deprived.

besides, there's no Best Show this week (which you can stream from www.thebestshow.net or subscribe to the podcast on itunes).

YEAH, street teamin' that shit, bitches. STREET TEAMIN'.

so, what's new?

EVOLghost 02.04.2015 08:00 PM

Everything is new. My life went from comfortable to AHHHHHHHH!!! in a month and a half. 2nd week of December: Dad buys house
2nd week of January: We just sold the house(the other one....the one I'm living in).

so yeah....I should probably pack something.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2015 08:47 PM

schizophrenicroom 02.04.2015 09:29 PM

packing sucks. I listened to half of rather ripped for the first time in a while and forgot how much I loved it. I had to separate myself a bit from sonic youth for a while but I always come bck

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.04.2015 09:36 PM

_slavo_ 02.05.2015 04:34 AM

I am an adult now.

greenlight 02.05.2015 07:22 AM

I haven't listen to them in a while as well
and things has changed
but Washing Machine would be still my fav. "ear opener" moment.

nicfit 02.05.2015 02:00 PM

I've listened to them pretty recently (renewing my "digital rips" of my cds collection), and I'm sure I'll always enjoy some of their music, no matter how old I get. Not in a fanboy way, but in a "damn this still makes me feel something" way.
But yes, perspective changes a bit when "growin old" (=getting exposed to other music, be it "new" or "old"). I love SY.

Rob Instigator 02.05.2015 02:13 PM

I first heard SY when I was 16. I am now 41. I still get the same rush of SKRAWNK

EVOLghost 02.06.2015 04:15 PM

AFter an extended jpop music binge....I'm redoing the SY albums with my girlfriend....and bamf...full sonic mode now.

evollove 02.06.2015 05:42 PM

Yeah, it's weird how that happens. All of a sudden you remember you love a great band. You wouldn't think that sort of thing would slip your mind. A little while ago I remembered and had to post an "I Love SY" thread. Lately I've been watching a bunch of shows on youtube. Jesus fuck they're great (I mean, as far as bands not in Rock Hall of Fame go).

We should pick a day and re-re-re-r-re-etc. listen to an album and post thoughts.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.06.2015 06:46 PM

Why everyone listenin to pop lately? Fuck that shit, can we get some no wave to tear through and destroy all this bullshit! Fucking fi real. I try to check out everything on the "last record you bought" or "what are you listening to" threads because ive been here for eleven years now to find new music and share new music and i haven't found a single new band from any of you fucks in like 2 years! "What the fuck is wrong with you people?" Thurston

SonicBebs 02.19.2015 06:23 PM

I liked the Ought album, you should get that