Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

sonic sphere 10.03.2008 10:08 AM

the doors-the soft parade

jimbrim 10.03.2008 11:12 AM

Jandek - Ready for the House

sonic sphere 10.03.2008 11:17 AM

megadeth-youthanasia

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 11:46 AM

...A tout le monde...

batreleaser 10.03.2008 01:45 PM

amon duul 2-yeti

earlier;
roxy music-for your pleasure
x-los angeles/wild gift
fixture for toxins-the night hoovers over us again
hank IV-refuge in genre
u.s. maple-long hair in 3 stages
G.I.S.M.-endless blockades for the pussy footers
home blitz-wierd wings
bobby conn-bobby conn
lichens-the psychic nature of being
gangstarr-full clip: a decade of gangstarr
zs-the hard ep
c calvin weston-urban mythology volume 1
pussy galore-5000 ep
doctor who-the music

al shabbray 10.03.2008 01:48 PM

aesop rock - labour day

inspired by the ho thread Ive pulled this out of my shelf

noisereductions 10.03.2008 01:51 PM

"all i ever wanted was to pick apart the day & put the pieces back together my way."

al shabbray 10.03.2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
"all i ever wanted was to pick apart the day & put the pieces back together my way."


DAYLIGHT!!!!
Yes

noisereductions 10.03.2008 02:04 PM

so awesome. Do you have the DAYLIGHT EP? "Nightlight" is amazing.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:07 PM

 

al shabbray 10.03.2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
so awesome. Do you have the DAYLIGHT EP? "Nightlight" is amazing.


no unfortunately not

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:09 PM

"..you only call her a bitch becuz she won't give you that pussy..."

noisereductions 10.03.2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
"..you only call her a bitch becuz she won't give you that pussy..."



Agh! So good! "I did not invent the wheel, I was the crooked spoke adjascent"... Every line in that song is quotable!!

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:21 PM

Yeah, it's a gem.

batreleaser 10.03.2008 02:21 PM

eno and fripp-evening star

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! this is the first time im hearing this, and i think it could be the most beautiful music ive ever heard, well definitley some of the most beautiful music ive ever heard. ive never liked eno's ambient music much, because as most of you probably know, music for sleeping isn't my thing, i like intensity. but, fripp's guitar lines match eno's electronics so well, it doesn't matter. this music is so engaging i still could never fall asleep to this. damn, these two guys sound so good together. incredible, does anyone know any other good eno/fripp record i can get?


oh, after this im going to listen to woozelbug-dewclaw. i attend the to live and shave in la blog quite a bit, and tom smith is always posting RIDICULOUSLY obscure avant music, noise music, wierd world shit, free jazz records know ones ever heard of, etc... this is part of a seires who's doing is, "the brilliance of greg fucking chapman". i have no idea who greg chapman is, but after hearing this stuff, its safe to say hes a noise visionary/maniac who some how fell under the cracks of even the sub underground


im gonna lisen to syr8 after that i think, only listened to it twice so far. im afraid itll sound tame compared to woozle bug though.

al shabbray 10.03.2008 02:22 PM

fast cars, danger fire and knives....god O love that track and the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLbcx...eature=related

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
eno and fripp-evening star

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! this is the first time im hearing this, and i think it could be the most beautiful music ive ever heard, well definitley some of the most beautiful music ive ever heard. ive never liked eno's ambient music much, because as most of you probably know, music for sleeping isn't my thing, i like intensity. but, fripp's guitar lines match eno's electronics so well, it doesn't matter. this music is so engaging i still could never fall asleep to this. damn, these two guys sound so good together. incredible, does anyone know any other good eno/fripp record i can get?


oh, after this im going to listen to woozelbug-dewclaw. i attend the to live and shave in la blog quite a bit, and tom smith is always posting RIDICULOUSLY obscure avant music, noise music, wierd world shit, free jazz records know ones ever heard of, etc... this is part of a seires who's doing is, "the brilliance of greg fucking chapman". i have no idea who greg chapman is, but after hearing this stuff, its safe to say hes a noise visionary/maniac who some how fell under the cracks of even the sub underground


im gonna lisen to syr8 after that i think, only listened to it twice so far. im afraid itll sound tame compared to woozle bug though.


I haven't listened to it in a few years but I remember "No Pussyfooting" being good.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
fast cars, danger fire and knives....god O love that track and the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLbcx...eature=related


You should check out Guilty Simpson's video get riches(get bitches)

batreleaser 10.03.2008 02:26 PM

actually noise doesnt fit woozleclaw at all. i dont know to describe this. maybe a theatric residents vibe, but with the filfthist shit recording ive ever heard. theres lots of dub soundscapes in here too (no wonder tom smith loves it so much), its very intrusive music, no way anyone could ignore this, its totally fucking whacked.

noisereductions 10.03.2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
fast cars, danger fire and knives....god O love that track and the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLbcx...eature=related



Not a huge fan of FAST CARS EP... and actually I didnt grab NONE SHALL PASS either! But I have everything else of his.

al shabbray 10.03.2008 02:32 PM

none shall pass is my least favourite I think, but fast cars is great

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 02:32 PM

I've listened to the new one but don't own it, or Float for that matter.

noisereductions 10.03.2008 02:54 PM

FLOAT is probably like a 6/10. But there are a few exceptional songs on there.

Anyone else have MUSIC FOR EARTHWORMS and APPLESEED? They're decent.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 03:05 PM

Float was the first one I heard.
Labor is my favorite though for sure.
Lucy is a great story/track.

noisereductions 10.03.2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
Float was the first one I heard.
Labor is my favorite though for sure.
Lucy is a great story/track.


sure is.

atsonicpark 10.03.2008 03:11 PM

yeah eno and fripp is great.

pokkeherrie 10.03.2008 04:27 PM

If Shonen Knife were from Finland they would be called The Micragirls

batreleaser 10.03.2008 04:46 PM

just turned off sunnay murray's untouchable factor-apple chores

now; costes-katai udon

Derek 10.03.2008 05:00 PM

Stars of the Lid

batreleaser 10.03.2008 05:18 PM

has anyone heard costes here? theyre easily one of the most fucked up bands ive ever heard. even for the seasones noise listener it takes quite a few listens to see how its actually music. once it clicks though, its awesome because theres nothing quite like it.

batreleaser 10.03.2008 05:19 PM

welt, now its lee perry and the upsetters-super ape

and im high, and theres is nothing better

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.03.2008 05:20 PM

 

terriblecanyons 10.03.2008 10:30 PM

 

batreleaser 10.03.2008 11:04 PM

usaisamonster-tasheyana compost

batreleaser 10.04.2008 12:09 AM

off: lennon-plastic ono band

on: solmania-psycledelic

Sonic Youth 37 10.04.2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
 

Sadness...

Death & the Maiden 10.04.2008 05:22 AM

Bailterspace - Bailterspace

al shabbray 10.04.2008 05:24 AM

to this nice teenage riot in prague, thanks to slavo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytQ9LnYk284

_slavo_ 10.04.2008 05:33 AM

I'm listening to Goo again, Cinderella's big score playing now.

lechaoscestmoi 10.04.2008 05:48 AM

BAND
of
GYPSYS

maaachine gun, yeah
tearing my body all apart


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth