Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Research paper (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9596)

wonderofDworld 01.05.2007 01:08 AM

Research paper

i been looking everywhere , but are all the sonic youth members jewish? and if not who are in the band.

youthoftomorrow 01.05.2007 02:01 AM

i don't think any of them are. i know Thurston was raised Catholic; he and Kim had a traditional Catholic wedding.

schizophrenicroom 01.05.2007 02:05 AM

steve shelley is the tiny king of the jews, a title he inherited from steve albini during the war of the land of chocolate. but that's before everything went downhill and count albini was born. steve keeps the title, but is non-practicing. lee (aka gorge w. humperdunk, but shhhh) is the prince of the jews, seeing as he oversees the land of chocolate's cia.

wonderofDworld 01.05.2007 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
steve shelley is the tiny king of the jews, a title he inherited from steve albini during the war of the land of chocolate. but that's before everything went downhill and count albini was born. steve keeps the title, but is non-practicing. lee (aka gorge w. humperdunk, but shhhh) is the prince of the jews, seeing as he oversees the land of chocolate's cia.

HUH

val-holla-ing 01.05.2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderofDworld
HUH

not "huh", but "WORD!"

!@#$%! 01.05.2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

i been looking everywhere , but are all the sonic youth members jewish? and if not who are in the band.

i think you might be in the wrong message board-- did you mean the beastie boys? or pehaps the andy statman klezmer orchestra?

Malachi_Constant 01.05.2007 09:55 AM

SY dedicated A Thousand Leaves to Allen Ginsberg, right? And wasn't Ginsberg jewish? GOOD GOD, MAN, THERE MOST BE SOMETHING MORE HERE!!

o o o 01.05.2007 10:15 AM

so what is the topic of your research paper exactly?

PAULYBEE2656 01.05.2007 01:58 PM

i thought lee was jewish or at least part jewish, are you allowed to say that anymore. im probably way off the mark here.........

Glice 01.05.2007 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i thought lee was jewish or at least part jewish, are you allowed to say that anymore. im probably way off the mark here.........

Lee does look Jewish, but that's more because people of Italian decent often do. cf Arthur Fonzerelli from Happy Days, who played an Italian in the show but is, in fact, quite obviously Jewish when he's not being the Fonz.

These are all assumptions by the way. Surely Ranaldo is an Italian name, no? Or I suppose it could've come from anywhere in the warmer bits of Europe. Let's just say he's a handsome swine, and Jews, Italians, and everyone else are also handsome swines, shall we?

SynthethicalY 01.05.2007 02:22 PM

Isn't Jim O'rourke Jewish, no no he is catholic like Thurston.

Glice 01.05.2007 02:23 PM

O'Rourke is the least Jewish surname I've ever heard.

Magic Wheel Memory 01.05.2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

I'm 95% sure that Lee grew up in a very traditional Italian-American family. That makes it quite unlikely that he's Jewish. Of course, his mother could be Jewish. Italian-Jewish marriages are not unheard of. Then, you also have the movie "Life is Beautiful."

Confucious is sex 01.05.2007 02:40 PM

I know who all Jews are at all times and I can safely say that none of Sonic Youth are Jewish.

They call me 'The Rabbi'

atari 2600 01.05.2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Wow, lookee there; Professor Griff is in da house.

Glice 01.05.2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confucious is sex
I know who all Jews are at all times and I can safely say that none of Sonic Youth are Jewish.

They call me 'The Rabbi'

A female Rabbi? And who says that Judaism is stuck in the dark ages, eh? Good Jewdar that lady.

Confucious is sex 01.05.2007 03:36 PM

Anyone who says, 'Judaism is stuck in the Dark Ages' is stuck in the Dark Ages. Ironic, eh?

schizophrenicroom 01.05.2007 03:38 PM

my theory is the only correct one. because it's all fact.

Glice 01.05.2007 03:40 PM

Ha. You win. Your dreidel and Woody Allen DVD are in the post.

Confucious is sex 01.05.2007 03:42 PM

Sucks to be Schizophrenic Room, dreidel is a crap game. Oh, and Woody Allen is shit.