Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SONICYOUTH.COM DISCOGRAPHY UPDATED -- Post your additions here... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19034)

krischanski 02.17.2011 04:44 PM

... just to say that the source of the live tracks on the 100% REBEL bootleg is the same as on IN CONCERT: NEW ROCK #94-16, both with the BEEP! on the "Bitch" in Schizophrenia, and the so-called bonus tracks are just copies of the GOO DEMOS with vinyl noise, but without crowd ... you forgot to list the last track I Know There’s An Answer on MOO ...

krischanski 02.18.2011 03:56 AM

... just to say that The Burning Spear is not missed on the ANARCHY AT ST. MARY'S PLACE bootleg, it is within the (very long) Flower track, which has the scream tape all over the first half ... and the Instrumental and Brother James are together in one track, so there are only 13 ...

krischanski 03.22.2011 04:13 PM

Becoming Eclectic

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
it looked like a cheap silver CD if that makes sense. The bottom was silver but didnt' look as high quality as a proper official release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappard
Checked my copy and you're right - silver/mirror bottom but not as reflective as a normal CD. Resembles a fogged over shower shaving mirror, if that makes any sense (whooah, great analogy there).

Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.61.2 beta Disk-Info says it [Becoming Eclectic] is a CD-R.

rappard 03.22.2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krischanski
Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.61.2 beta Disk-Info says it [Becoming Eclectic] is a CD-R.

Right. Still professionally pressed, though (i.e., not homemade).

stu666 04.02.2011 04:05 AM

andrei 04.02.2011 09:18 AM

great shirt! i want one :D

krischanski 04.27.2011 05:08 AM

The Écoute Ça Coco bootleg is not from june 20th in Lille as the cover says, but from 15th in/nearby Salzburg. It misses only the first song in the setlist. The CD starts and ends with a short faded intro from radio moderation (who says something about Kim Deal's [!] pink princess dress).

Apparently Jim does not found his guitar, so Thurston sings the last verse of Kotton Krown with nearly no accompaniment - that's the first track. So it misses one and a half.

And it is from Ganja, the same (french?) Label as Sonic Jazz, with the number GANJA-35 (the CD itself has the number "SY-1")

krischanski 04.27.2011 10:02 AM

… and the bestial end of the last song Inhuman takes more than five minutes …

EvdWee 05.06.2011 10:16 AM

about the whitey album:

2006 US Goofin' GOO 09
NOTES: 12" 2006 reissue via SLR - does this contain bonus macbeth??

yes, it does!

musicplatypus 05.07.2011 01:29 PM

I _thought_ this sounded strange/different:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-YOUTH-Ghos...item3cb7bf206a

EVOLghost 05.07.2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

woah. where did those come from?

rappard 05.07.2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicplatypus
I _thought_ this sounded strange/different:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-YOUTH-Ghos...item3cb7bf206a

Thanks for posting this - it's a bootleg, not a promo. Please do not bid on this - when I'll (hopefully) win the auction I'll liberate the bootleg a.s.a.p.

nicfit 05.07.2011 02:14 PM

And then send it to me for my NYC G&F collection.

rappard 05.07.2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
And then send it to me for my NYC G&F collection.

Sounds good - you know my PayPal address. :D

skinnypaul 05.07.2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this - it's a bootleg, not a promo.

Though it will be a CDR (as the listing states) not a silver CD. Sylph Records is a Japanese CDR label.

rappard 05.07.2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnypaul
Though it will be a CDR (as the listing states) not a silver CD. Sylph Records is a Japanese CDR label.

Yes, noticed that - fingers crossed it's a professionally pressed CD-R, not some homemade copy. Judging by the artwork it looks like a (semi-)professional package, so I have good hopes.

musicplatypus 05.07.2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this - it's a bootleg, not a promo. Please do not bid on this - when I'll (hopefully) win the auction I'll liberate the bootleg a.s.a.p.

Oh, I knew it was a bootleg. Just wanted to call it out everyone's attention as it is not listed on the discography. Maybe, perhaps, it is on Discogs -- did not check. I just notice so many inconsistencies and errors on Discogs so my attention towards it is sparse.

I do not collect bootlegs. (not yet anyways - it may be one of my "final frontiers" in SY collecting however . . . :))

Chris Lawrence 05.07.2011 08:51 PM

thanks for posting! good luck martin. nice set list for that era.

also thanks for everyone who posts stuff here - y'all know how frequently i update the discography but everytime i do i start where i last left off in this thread... :)

skinnypaul 05.08.2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Yes, noticed that - fingers crossed it's a professionally pressed CD-R, not some homemade copy. Judging by the artwork it looks like a (semi-)professional package, so I have good hopes.

I have a Mogwai release on the same label. The artwork is on thick glossy stock and feels like it might have been produced on a colour laser printer. The discs have colour stickers on them that also look like they're laser printed. I've no idea if they were burnt on a PC or professionally done. It's nicely done package thought. I think semi-professional is a good way of describing it :-)

krischanski 05.12.2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Please do not bid on this.

Sorry. It had to be mine. But I will share it at utkonos.