Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   This Summer is a Blast... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23245)

✌➬ 07.06.2008 09:38 PM

This Summer is a Blast...

I been having fun, everyday. AAAHHH!!!! I love this summer so much.

So what's going on, bitches? How is your summer?

pantophobia 07.06.2008 09:44 PM

busy working, worked friday and saturday all while i had a cold, which hit me pretty hard today

but things look to stabilize after that, look forward to days off when i can decide if i want to do the beach or not

Alex's Trip 07.06.2008 11:30 PM

Miserable.

Cantankerous 07.06.2008 11:30 PM

same shit, different day

drrrtyboots 07.06.2008 11:42 PM

Depressed, doped, drunk, duped and down.

alteredcourse 07.06.2008 11:56 PM

I wish ! Cant hang out and elevate exponentially this year . It's been challenging . I want to go a certain way but I cant .

LittlePuppetBoy 07.07.2008 11:26 AM

Working (which is tiring), but am seeing quite a few shows (Boris next week! :))

MellySingsDoom 07.07.2008 12:59 PM

Summer was great in Brighton the weekend just gone - I really should get down there more often. The weather today in London has been pretty crappy, but apart from that summer's been grand so far.

schizophrenicroom 07.07.2008 01:01 PM

this summer fucking sucks.

!@#$%! 07.07.2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
this summer fucking sucks.

go to europe.

no.

go to...

no.

hmmm...

eh!!

schizophrenicroom 07.07.2008 01:40 PM

yeah, part of me wants to just renew my passport and change my name. it'd be fun.

!@#$%! 07.07.2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

yeah, part of me wants to just renew my passport and change my name. it'd be fun.

what's keeping you stuck in yuta?

i mean-- reality & dreams are different. reality tends to be quite pedestrian when you come down to it.

maybe you just need a good library?

(sorry, a leap in thought... i hope you can connect the dots)

uhler 07.07.2008 01:47 PM

my summer is pretty damn good.

girlgun 07.07.2008 01:52 PM

i'm not really enjoying my summer. although i've made a new friend which is nice. she's super crazy and by crazy i mean... crazy. she'll jump your ass and beat you to pieces if you piss her off. she dresses like sioxsie and she's from barcelona (which is an odd thing in okc). she likes to booze with me.

schizophrenicroom 07.07.2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what's keeping you stuck in yuta?

i mean-- reality & dreams are different. reality tends to be quite pedestrian when you come down to it.

maybe you just need a good library?

(sorry, a leap in thought... i hope you can connect the dots)

meebo isn't working for me, so without saying too much, sean's in treatment for stuff and i'm just paralyzed.

actually, the library here in provo is AWESOME! i'm going again some time today.

Danny Himself 07.07.2008 01:53 PM

It is not going as planned, but I'll be alright.

!@#$%! 07.07.2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

meebo isn't working for me, so without saying too much, sean's in treatment for stuff and i'm just paralyzed.

actually, the library here in provo is AWESOME! i'm going again some time today.

yeah, when all fails take refuge in books!

maybe look at your fall courses & get started with the material.

meanwhile-- ow, sean! i hope the little guy is ok. but you take care of yourself too-- you know how it is in the airplane when the mask drops? they say the adult needs to put on their mask first and then out one on the child-- well you get the idea, hm... a little selfishness prevents collapse of the whole system.

schizophrenicroom 07.07.2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
It is not going as planned, but I'll be alright.

yeah, if i take a few breaths, i'll be good.

!@#$%!- i get so terrified reading those! but i understand.. this little break from the bugger is going to be nice.

pop punk will eat itself 07.07.2008 02:01 PM

Everyday, thus far, has pretty much been filled with: drinking, working, listening to weird indie bands while playing Dr. Mario and old school SNES RPG's...and that's about it. Depressing, to say the least.

The highlight of the summer will be seeing Ween this Wednesday.

greedrex 07.07.2008 03:32 PM

good
i get mmm two months holiday in the summer, starting last week end.
lots of working liitle jobs around the house, preparing two releases for september (which is a lot of work but from home which is good), taking care of my son and being able to take time to see him grow up, having sex (which is good sometimes), resting, getting to demo some songs i've had in mind for at least one year and a half, that's it so far. it's good.
I'll be travelling in august, seeing SY in St Nazaire/France, getting to see the Sensational Fix exhibition, seeing friends in Guernsey....
myeah.
posting bullshit here