Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurstons has just recorded his best farts! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21324)

Thor Anders Aase 04.19.2008 10:11 PM

Thurstons has just recorded his best farts!

I bet some of you guys would by those recordings, and describe them as a masterpiece. To me, SY is the greatest band in the world, and I love 10 of their 15 albums. But sometimes when I read some of your threads, it just hits me that there are someone out there that has got no critical sence what so ever when it comes to Thurston..

avantgarde1 04.19.2008 10:24 PM

SY can do no wrong in my opinion, they could very well release an album of them farting, shitting, puking etc and i would think it was amazing. but their solo/side project stuff is a completely different story all together.

deflinus 04.19.2008 10:27 PM

i dont know if im fucking hypnotized or insane, but if i heard a cd of thurston farting - it would be really good. and then afterwards i would record myself farting and never feel like it could EVER match up.

thurston will add a fucking science to farting, in my opinion.

atsonicpark 04.19.2008 10:52 PM

Sonic Youth has released some shit that wasn't that great, but as a whole they are a completely consistent band. As far as solo projects go, there's some hits and misses, but there's such a huge huge huge body of work that it's really hard to expect otherwise.

SYRFox 04.20.2008 02:39 AM

I think I still have a critical sense, even for Sonic Youth... Actually for a while I didn't like Goo at all - now I like it better, though it's still my least favorite Sonic Youth album.

mil_pl 04.20.2008 03:44 AM

i have a critical words for sy.
i think confusion is sex is the worst album of them, i don' like it. half part of ciccone youth is shit. and i dont listening bad moon rising too much. i know it's controversial on this gossip, but that is the truth.

you talk that confusion is sex is their best album, but they falsify on vocals, guitars are not that good.. i can't find any reason to like this album, and listen again.

pbradley 04.20.2008 04:20 AM

"Critical sense" ha ha ha. WHERE'S MY EAR HORN? I can't allow my first impressions make me uncool!

ArthurDoyleHandCream 04.20.2008 05:58 AM

Fart

ArthurDoyleHandCream 04.20.2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
i think confusion is sex is the worst album of them, i don' like it. half part of ciccone youth is shit. and i dont listening bad moon rising too much. i know it's controversial on this gossip, but that is the truth.

you talk that confusion is sex is their best album, but they falsify on vocals, guitars are not that good.. i can't find any reason to like this album, and listen again.

I quietly and probably regretablly agree.

ArthurDoyleHandCream 04.20.2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
I think I still have a critical sense, even for Sonic Youth... Actually for a while I didn't like Goo at all - now I like it better, though it's still my least favorite Sonic Youth album.

Least favourite!!
It's up there in my top favourites.

Gary Black 04.20.2008 06:47 AM

All the best bands have their crappy moments. Especially bands that are indie/alt/experimental. From the Beatles experimenting with Sitars (shite) to The Fall and their house remixes (also shite).

The same can be said of SY's catalogue. For me, its 85% amazing - which in itself is amazing, considering the wealth of output.

My problem seems to come with "improvised" music. Noodling away for an hour with the odd cymbal clatter does not rock my boat. SYR3,4,5 & 6 are not great to my ears. I just dont "get it". If anybody can explain to me the attraction I will try again. And dont get me started on that drivel with ICP/The Ex!!! :(

I look forward to receiving my copy of SYR7 - I hope it gets played more than once every blue-moon.

But really - you can give me She Is Not Alone, Shaking Hell, Shizophrenia, Teenage Riot, Unwind, Dripping Dream etc any day of the week. :)

PAULYBEE2656 04.20.2008 08:13 AM

thurston has released some shite but is better than 100% of the back catalogue of many many many artists......

atsonicpark 04.20.2008 10:34 AM

Eh? confusion's their best album.

Anyway..

avantgarde1 04.20.2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl

people on here really think that's their best album? i think it's horrible... i own it mind you for completist reasons, but i never listen to it.

ghoulboy 04.20.2008 05:45 PM

i don't like to think of kim farting, but her gaping asshole surrounded by her milk white ass cheeks,leading to the small of her back all the way up to the blond hair,is wonderful to conjure.

avantgarde1 04.20.2008 06:00 PM

too far dude.

atsonicpark 04.20.2008 06:09 PM

I find it funny your name is "avant garde" but you don't like Confusion ;)

avantgarde1 04.20.2008 06:16 PM

lol, i agree w/ you. it's actually the name i used for the old board so i didn't wanna change it for the new board. but i'm thinking about it... i think it's kinda corny.

atsonicpark 04.20.2008 07:09 PM

:) hee

hiland 04.21.2008 12:58 AM

what i heard is that its a tribute record to the "world's longest fart" 45 that came out on uranus records. its pretty siiiickkkk.