Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

Pelle 01.15.2012 07:58 AM

jealous.

stu666 01.15.2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie

Very nice! so you'll be recording then?

Pelle 01.15.2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

He better do! :cool:

hipster_bebop_junkie 01.15.2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

You bet I will! Really excited about this gig, and I do really want to do it right. I am even thinking about buying some microphones because I want to have good recordings of these shows. My computer is still fucked, but I guess it won't get worse if I don't fix it right away; so I maybe can afford to buy Core Sound Binaurals CA-11 or something like that, DPAs should be a lot more expensive. As a matter of fact, I purchased my recorder last year because I really wanted to record Text Of Light and Chris Corsano especially, but fucking customs had my package in there for a month and I obviously didn't get it in time for those performances.

Pelle 01.16.2012 10:19 AM

Not just The Stone Roses, but also THE CURE booked to the same festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stu666 01.16.2012 01:08 PM

Keiji Haino @ Cafe OTO in Feb. (I really hope I can go to both nights)

http://cafeoto.co.uk/keiji-haino-residency.shtm

SONIC GAIL 01.16.2012 01:14 PM

Hey stu :)

stu666 01.16.2012 01:28 PM

Hai! :)

blunderbuss 01.17.2012 01:26 PM

Ital + Stellar om Source + someone or other else

SuperCreep 01.17.2012 05:59 PM

jeff mangum - jan. 19th
the kills - feb. 2nd
thurston - feb. 3rd
the magnetic fields - mar. 7th
allo darlin' - apr. 25th
andrew bird - may 3rd

Qonox 01.22.2012 02:15 AM

Built To Spill and fIREHOSE.

Pelle 02.11.2012 03:12 AM

Kurt Vile + Thee Oh Sees in stockholm 26th June. :)

Mortte Jousimo 02.11.2012 04:27 AM

Fishbone is coming to Finland in May, I´m trying to be there!

ilduclo 02.11.2012 10:05 AM

yeah, I picked up an fHose tic for April, hopefully something else will be coming to Tiny Town prior to that!

gmku 02.11.2012 10:09 AM

Can't get too excited about going to gigs anymore. I'm always disappointed that the gigs turn out to be more about people partying around me and wanting to hear themselves talk and get themselves seen than about paying attention to the music.

hipster_bebop_junkie 02.24.2012 01:34 PM

I'll be attending a piano recital by Leticia Gómez-Tagle today. She'll be performing pieces bt Chopin, Liszt, and Brahms.

I'll be at Indie-O Fest on April 7th. Can't wait to see Thurston Moore, Wild Flag, Kurt Vile, and especially Lee Ranaldo.

On April 9th, I'll see Mark Lanegan Band in Mexico City.

On April 11th, I'll be damned to hell if I dare to miss Atari Teenage Riot.

On May 5th, I'll attend Patti Smith's first ever concert in Mexico.

KTL will be playing in Mexico City on May 10th. More acts will surely be added to this year's Aural Festival soon. Last year's edition was mind-blowing, I expect great things from this as well.

I'm planning a bank robbery to get to all of these.

EVOLghost 02.24.2012 01:38 PM

Diamanda Galas is doing a performance tomorrow at a museum. Though...I don't know if I wanna dish out the cash to see her tomorrow. Kind of broke.

hipster_bebop_junkie 02.24.2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Diamanda Galas is doing a performance tomorrow at a museum. Though...I don't know if I wanna dish out the cash to see her tomorrow. Kind of broke.

I went to the last three shows she played in Mexico a couple of years ago. All were amazing even though she wasn't feeling well during the first one. I'd say if you decide to spend your last bucks on a show by her, it would be money very well spent, you'd be satisfied. She's great.

EVOLghost 02.24.2012 02:16 PM

If I can get a ride, that'd be great...the train ride also hurts the cash purse.

rappard 02.24.2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
[....]
I'm planning a bank robbery to get to all of these.

Awesome series - I would as well! Plus you can then finally buy some stuff from my Discogs listing. ;-)

Ditched Sonic Acts (Pauline Oliveros and Keith Fullerton Whitman a.o.) this weekend because
- None of my friends are going
- I'm fried from work
- Finances are tight
This Sunday perhaps Body/Head with fellow boardies pokkeherrie and EvdWee, IF family commitments don't throw a spanner in the works. Not too fond of Kim's solo stuff anyway - f*** SYR5.

Further on:
- March: Earth; White Hills.
- April: Disappears; Van Raat & Lunapark.
- May: nothing as off yet, oddly enough.
- June: hopefully some Lee dude action; Sugar doing Copper Blue; Sunn0))).