Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dylan Nyoukis Appreciation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28873)

batreleaser 01.08.2009 12:26 PM

Dylan Nyoukis Appreciation

He deserves a thread on here. He has made some of the most consistently mindblowing noise in the world since the mid 90s. Prick Decay I can honestly say that along with Cock ESP are my favorite Harsh Electronics/Noise band of the 90s. Decaer Pinga and now Blood Stereo are just as great. Not to mention the countless collabs and solo records. I really like his Noise becayse it fits in with the older more indsutrial based Noise of yesteryear (shit like filthy turd, genocide organ, etc.) as well as the more modern Noise, or Punk Noise as I like to call it (Wolf Eyes, Sick LLama, etc..) and is better than all those bands. And of course Chocolate Monk is one of the coolest labels on the planet; it seperates itself from being just a noise label by releasing a whole slew of different types of out music, its just a freak music label, period.

fave nyoukis records:
Decaer Pinga-Omitting the Troll (double cdr one w/ runzelstirn and gurgelstock)
Prick Decay-Dada Junk Spew! cassette
Prick Decay-Who's Who in Hospialization? cd
Prick Decay-The Mechanics of Disbelief 12'
The Mongoloid Men-Into the Void cdr (collab with wolf eyes, they played real well together)
Nyoukis-Norse Fungi Festivus cdr
jaap blonk w/nyoukis-doubletwee lp
Blood Stereo-The Magnetic Headache

batreleaser 01.08.2009 04:02 PM

no love for nyoukis? fuck this board, i even put that picture of him with kim there to peek the interest of you ignorant motherfuckers

atsonicpark 01.08.2009 04:03 PM

Haha sorry, yes, I appreciate his work. Really like Blood Stereo.

greedrex 01.08.2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
ignorant motherfuckers

:fuckyou:

stu666 01.08.2009 04:11 PM

jaap blonk w/nyoukis-doubletwee lp, i bought this at the colour out of space festival and should check out more.

blunderbuss 01.08.2009 04:20 PM

I'd rather insert needles under my fingernails.

atsonicpark 01.08.2009 04:22 PM

^^^ I think I'm going to use that as an album title.

sarramkrop 01.08.2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
no love for nyoukis? fuck this board, i even put that picture of him with kim there to peek the interest of you ignorant motherfuckers

I think that there are a few people who like his records on here, and an even bigger number who think you are a pompous, snobbish 'know it all'.

Toilet & Bowels 01.08.2009 06:16 PM

dylan nyoukis posts on this board sometimes, i like his music, but i have no desire to suck his cock.

MellySingsDoom 01.08.2009 06:19 PM

Dylan's Colour Out Of Space festival on Brighton is simply excellent - a great 3-day hoedown. Where else can you see Byron Coley arm-wrestling Savage Pencil?

Onani Nic 01.10.2009 10:20 PM

Got this LP a couple of weeks ago, great drooling tape manipulation and feedback weirdness....

"Ceylon Mange is the trio of Dylan Nyoukis (Chocolate Monk proprietor and sound molder in Blood Stereo, Decaer Pinga), Karen Constance (Blood Stereo, Smack Music 7) and Bill Nace (X.O.4, Vampire Belt). The Maiming Path extends from the group's previous mind melts with two side long (de)constructions that are assembled from a variety of mangled loops and electronics, guitar feedback/slaughter and cromagnon vocals. The results are a murky stew, as each emerging sound creeps upon the listener like a blackened sloth nightmare. It's the type of organic brain tangle that is rarely unleashed by the spirits these days. The LP is pressed in an edition of 410 and housed in a full-colour printed sleeve featuring Karen's outsider artwork."

fugazifan 01.11.2009 02:27 AM

i saw blood stereo last year. they were really good but i couldnt appreciate the show since i wasnt in the mood for anything after being traumatized by machinefabriks godawful show right before them, and john butcher/eddie prevost's amazing set before him....

toxic johnny 01.11.2009 06:11 AM

Dylan is someone who believes wholeheartedly in his own vision and against all the odds has managed to carve out an incredible corner of creativity. I salute him and respect him 100%.

We should all take a little inspiration from him.

Yeah...

batreleaser 01.11.2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I think that there are a few people who like his records on here, and an even bigger number who think you are a pompous, snobbish 'know it all'.

thats how i am in real life too

batreleaser 01.11.2009 07:26 AM

and yes ceylon mange were/are(?) great

MellySingsDoom 01.12.2009 06:00 AM

Nice piccies Nefeli - where were these taken, out of interest?

whorefrost 01.12.2009 07:19 AM

He grew up in a wee Scottish village a few miles from me. Out in the sticks. Still blows my mind that someone grew up way out here pre-internet and managed to latch onto and then contribute to this weird underground lo-fi noise scene. Totally inspirational.
And yeah, that Ceylon Mange record is hot. Saw him play a duo set w/ C.S. Yeh in a dingy jazz cellar in Edinburgh once, that was definitely memorable.

Danny Himself 01.12.2009 07:50 AM

Decaer Pinga supported SY on the Nurse tour, if memory serves, along with Afri Rampo. At least that was the line-up at the Glasgow show. The audience was almost entirely bewildered, I think he got some boos..

MellySingsDoom 01.12.2009 08:29 AM

I managed to miss Dylan's set at Colour Out Of Space, alas, but he was very good when he played with Neil Campbell earlier last year.

demonrail666 01.12.2009 09:44 AM

I'd never heard of him until now. Thanks for the thread.