Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Disco and electronic music in general (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5305)

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 06:48 AM

Bump! Just listened to Jake Mandell's Love Songs For Machines after a couple of years. Still a cool record.

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 06:59 AM

Woz dat u who sent me da link 2 it a while ago?

demonrail666 06.19.2007 07:08 AM

Lowering the tone a bit, but just picked this up. Pure beach-tastic euro.

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 07:10 AM

Anyone into balearic house?

demonrail666 06.19.2007 07:15 AM

love the balearic beats. summer of '88 and all that:

demonrail666 06.19.2007 07:19 AM

didn't know this thread even existed. nice one.

atsonicpark 06.19.2007 09:30 AM

disco? disco kinda sucks.

electronic music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too broad of a term. if you want to get even broader, most recorded and produced music is electronic now. it has digital manipulations all over the place! but yeah..

speaking of "techno", i love it.. some of it.. i mainly prefer IDM.. some of it. as with anything, it can be extremely boring and ridiculous, but some of the grinding beats/beautiful melodies have my toe tappin for yeeeeeeeeears. people can say what they want, and it may be cliche, but at the top of my head.. autechre, squarepusher, eight frozen modules, venetian snares, and the almighty aphex twin are all gods..

jico. 06.19.2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

no shit. !?

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 09:58 AM

[quote=atsonicpark]disco? disco kinda sucks.

electronic music is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too broad of a term. if you want to get even broader, most recorded and produced music is electronic now. it has digital manipulations all over the place! but yeah..

quote]

?????????????????????????!!

atsonicpark 06.19.2007 10:08 AM

yeah, no shit!

(sometimes it's hard to convey the point you're making on the internet) (sometimes it's not worth it)

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 10:13 AM

I kinda got what you mean, but what has it got to do with this thread? This is a joyous celebration of electronic music.

gmku 06.19.2007 10:16 AM

Put me in the "sad snob" category. Sorry.

sarramkrop 06.19.2007 10:17 AM

I did already a while ago, but I took away the 'snob' tag because it's undeserved. Peek-a-boo!

atsonicpark 06.19.2007 10:21 AM

i dunno, i'm kinda .. uh .. not sober

gmku 06.19.2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I did already a while ago, but I took away the 'snob' tag because it's undeserved. Peek-a-boo!

Well, that's very kind.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.19.2007 01:13 PM

finding nobody 06.19.2007 02:36 PM

...Okay, okay, uh.. okay, this song, this song, this song is called, this s-.. okay, uh..uh..this song is called Justice is...Justice is Might. Okay, it's about..[too distorted]..sonic life. It's about sonic life. It's about Lee...Lee...Lee is free...[?]...you have a genius, you have a genius and a sex maniac living together, taking lots of drugs, and fucking all day.. and, you know, it's..it's just, it's just, it's just like staying at home.. staying at home and risking your life. And it's like..[?].. okay this song, it's called... this song is called Justice... this song is.. J-.. J-.. this song is called Justice is Might.

sarramkrop 04.10.2008 08:18 AM

http://www.nialler9.com/blog/

Rob Instigator 04.10.2008 09:41 AM

I grew up listening to classic disco. It was my mom's music. I have a large collection of disco 7" singles, from Chic, Bee Gees, Donn Summer, etc etc.
I enjoy the natural funk of older disco, when they used REAL INSTRUMENTS. Yes, you CAN tell the difference.

I fucking cannot stand listening to techno/electronica/house/whatever stupid new name they come up with for fucking repetetive soul-less bullshit electronic beeps and bloops with the exact same loop played endlessly for mminutes on end.

You heard me!

sarramkrop 04.10.2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I grew up listening to classic disco. It was my mom's music. I have a large collection of disco 7" singles, from Chic, Bee Gees, Donn Summer, etc etc.
I enjoy the natural funk of older disco, when they used REAL INSTRUMENTS. Yes, you CAN tell the difference.

I fucking cannot stand listening to techno/electronica/house/whatever stupid new name they come up with for fucking repetetive soul-less bullshit electronic beeps and bloops with the exact same loop played endlessly for mminutes on end.

You heard me!

Look, ROB, I am REAL, just like YOU . REal.