Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are you very into SY right now? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7974)

porkmarrass 11.14.2006 11:49 AM

I've never really been a fan.

badgercorn 11.14.2006 12:34 PM

Far less then when Sonic Nurse came out, but they're still my favourite band, and I'm still listening to Rather Ripped

thethuthinnang 11.14.2006 11:00 PM

I only go from being into one of the members back and forth. Right now I'm more into Kim than anyone. Fucking The Ineffable Me has been playing so much lately.

evollove 11.19.2006 05:57 AM

15 years ago, in the fall in Ohio, as it gets colder and the skeletons of trees take shape, their leaves now forming an earth-toned blankek over the world, I got into SY.

Now, every single fall, I rediscover them. I listen to them non-stop.

Winter will come, and I'll listen to a lot of classical.

In spring, jazz.

In summer, rock n' roll.

Then autumn will roll around again, and I'll put on some SY and won't take them off for a while.

SO, to answer your question, right now: yes, but it's already diminishing, as I just bought a new Schoenberg CD.

evollove 11.19.2006 06:02 AM

By the way, IS this a cool indie internet clique?

I doubt it. I've been on for three months or so and I STILL haven't gotten laid because of it.

"Hey, sugar. I'm on an SY message board."

"That's funny. I'm bored right now."

Trasher02 11.19.2006 06:20 AM

I bought Washing Machine recently and I'm back into SY.
The reason why I keep posting here is just because of all the fun people.

davenotdead 11.19.2006 06:27 AM

i dont even own washing machine...i will forever be indebted to them for daydream nation...it really doesn't get much cooler than DN and Goo, so i will probably always listen to them...i also love sonic nurse, and they played a great show in atlanta in june...but in the past month, i really haven't listened to them...

Prisstina 11.19.2006 01:56 PM

I've been listening to a lot of Rather Ripped and top-40 radio lately.

king_buzzo 11.19.2006 01:58 PM

yeah

Daycare Nation 11.19.2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisstina
I've been listening to a lot of Rather Ripped and top-40 radio lately.

Excellent.

zulfiqar 11.19.2006 09:23 PM

Right now I've only heard 8 of their records, so I have a couple more 'essentials' to buy and countless side projects to discover.

I'm into them now, though I don't listen as often as I did when I first got into them a year or so ago.

I listen to a decent amount of music and although I have favorites, sonic youth definitely stand out as the best of the best in my collection. Before hearing sonic nurse I thought they were just some old punk band (I was wrong about the punk part). Definitely not the case, however. They have a ton of great influences (many of which I was familiar with before ie. Can, Captain Beefheart), a vast discography, and to top it off they make good music.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 11.19.2006 10:04 PM

SY are one of the few bands I always tend to be into. And I still have 2 more albums to get! (NYC and Nurse)