Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

greedrex 03.12.2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
I have been into:
Rafael Toral - Violence of Discovery, Calm of Acceptance

amazing


try "Sound mind sound body" and the contemplative "Wave field", if you haven't yet.

Sonic Youth 37 03.12.2009 07:35 AM

 

Danny Himself 03.12.2009 08:08 AM

 

noisereductions 03.12.2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
 


hottt

Danny Himself 03.12.2009 08:18 AM


 


having a black people sorta day y'know

Sonic Youth 37 03.12.2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
hottt


Odd question, but do all versions of Low End Theory edit out the obscenities? I've listened to two and they are both the same.:confused:

Sonic Youth 37 03.12.2009 10:06 AM

 

greedrex 03.12.2009 10:08 AM

 

noisereductions 03.12.2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Odd question, but do all versions of Low End Theory edit out the obscenities? I've listened to two and they are both the same.:confused:


Not all the obsenity is edited. Busta says "yeah my man motherfucka" at the end of "Scenerio" and there's an F bomb in "The Business" from one of the Brand Nubians and some others sprinkled around. There's not actually "editing." Any self-editing was done on intentionally by Q-Tip and Phife. Notice that the curses aren't backmasked or anything. They just decided to "skip" over the obscene words in some cases. So to take forever to answer your question, yes all versions are the same as the version you have.

noisereductions 03.12.2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
 



Really, really good. But I still think FIRST COME FIRST SERVED by Dr. Dooom is even better.

Sonic Youth 37 03.12.2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Not all the obsenity is edited. Busta says "yeah my man motherfucka" at the end of "Scenerio" and there's an F bomb in "The Business" from one of the Brand Nubians and some others sprinkled around. There's not actually "editing." Any self-editing was done on intentionally by Q-Tip and Phife. Notice that the curses aren't backmasked or anything. They just decided to "skip" over the obscene words in some cases. So to take forever to answer your question, yes all versions are the same as the version you have.


Okay, good. That's what I was thinking as in there are just blanks in some of the rhymes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Really, really good. But I still think FIRST COME FIRST SERVED by Dr. Dooom is even better.


I will have to check that out now that I'm actively listening to hip-hop again.

jimbrim 03.12.2009 11:37 AM

 

a-p a. niemi 03.12.2009 01:09 PM


 

M.A. Numminen: Taisteluni

uhler 03.12.2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Not all the obsenity is edited. Busta says "yeah my man motherfucka" at the end of "Scenerio" and there's an F bomb in "The Business" from one of the Brand Nubians and some others sprinkled around. There's not actually "editing." Any self-editing was done on intentionally by Q-Tip and Phife. Notice that the curses aren't backmasked or anything. They just decided to "skip" over the obscene words in some cases. So to take forever to answer your question, yes all versions are the same as the version you have.


yeah, i remember really liking that record, but it irked me to no end that it was "edited" for no reason really. i think it's pretty lame. just like how "protect your neck" is edited. at least on my cd it is.

noisereductions 03.12.2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhler
just like how "protect your neck" is edited. at least on my cd it is.


that was a trademark of Loud Records back then. Early singles would be edited for radio airplay, so they would remain as such on the eventual album. Notice how "Shook Ones Pt. 2" is the same deal on THE INFAMOUS.

Antagon 03.12.2009 02:06 PM

Sisters of Mercy - Under the Gun

Savage Clone 03.12.2009 02:11 PM

Hafler Trio - Mastery Of Money

Antagon 03.12.2009 02:12 PM

Depeche Mode - It's no good (Andrea Parker Mix)

sarramkrop 03.12.2009 02:37 PM

The Unholy Two - Altamont 1969 b/w Beirut 1983 7"

Antagon 03.12.2009 02:38 PM

Cop shoot Cop - Everybody loves you


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth