Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Two bottles of wine in a restaurant. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15514)

demonrail666 08.14.2007 01:57 AM

Two bottles of wine in a restaurant.

Just listening to the radio where a guy was saying how when he was in a restaurant in the US and ordered a second bottle of wine (he was dining with one other person) the waiter slipped him a card with the second bottle, giving information about the dangers of excessive drinking and a telephone number if he needed help. A question for the Americans on here: does his story sound believable to you, or is he more likely making it up? I've visited different parts of the states on a number of occasions and never had anything like that happen to me.

phoenix 08.14.2007 03:00 AM

hahaha!

Toilet & Bowels 08.14.2007 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Just listening to the radio where a guy was saying how when he was in a restaurant in the US and ordered a second bottle of wine (he was dining with one other person) the waiter slipped him a card with the second bottle, giving information about the dangers of excessive drinking and a telephone number if he needed help. A question for the Americans on here: does his story sound believable to you, or is he more likely making it up? I've visited different parts of the states on a number of occasions and never had anything like that happen to me.

i've heard stories from english people living in america who've said that their american colleagues expressed horror at the english people getting drunk on a week night/going out on the piss/how much they drink, etc etc

phoenix 08.14.2007 03:14 AM

yeh because americans bodily intake habits are so damn healthy.

Norma J 08.14.2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
ive never witnessed anything even remotely like that.

That's because they don't serve alcohol at all in Macdonalds, Sway.

SynthethicalY 08.14.2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i've heard stories from english people living in america who've said that their american colleagues expressed horror at the english people getting drunk on a week night/going out on the piss/how much they drink, etc etc

Who drinks during the weekday, that is just pure alcoholism. No, it is that Americans only party Thursday, Friday, and Satrday. Sunday is used to go to church, and pray for the sins of others.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.14.2007 04:12 AM

was he i n utah?

Toilet & Bowels 08.14.2007 04:13 AM

on saturdays americans go to the mall to shop for elasticated jeans and the brackets required to attach a flagpole to the front of your house

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.14.2007 04:22 AM

that's fucked up, dude

SynthethicalY 08.14.2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

on saturdays americans go to the mall to shop for elasticated jeans and the brackets required to attach a flagpole to the front of your house

I laughed. But you needed to input something about Jesus. Our lives revolve around him/her, even atheist agree.

jon boy 08.14.2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

then onto the nearest shooting range, then flag pledge and then some meat, followed by praising jesus and ridiculing any other flase reejilun.

Toilet & Bowels 08.14.2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I laughed. But you needed to input something about Jesus. Our lives revolve around him/her, even atheist agree.

you already said about church on sundays, i was talking about saturdays, which is the holy day for jews, and they don't worship jesus.

SynthethicalY 08.14.2007 04:34 AM

Quote:

you already said about church on sundays, i was talking about saturdays, which is the holy day for jews, and they don't worship jesus.

But Americans need Jesus in their lives 24/7 just ask Britney's kids.

sarramkrop 08.14.2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
But Americans need Jesus in their lives 24/7 just ask Britney's kids.

Britney's kids need a stepmother, not Jesus Christ.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.14.2007 04:46 AM

i cant believe im saying this, but i think kfed would be a better father

SynthethicalY 08.14.2007 04:49 AM

No, I think it is sad that those kids were born to such twatty parents.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.14.2007 05:00 AM

kfed is okay.

alteredcourse 08.14.2007 05:00 AM

ive never heard of that happening . maybe its some tactic within that particular restaurant to seem like they give more of a shit than they do so that they attact a certain crowd .
or maybe a particular booze supplier of that restaurant asks that they do this for the same reason .
or someone who ate there once and smashed a bunch of shit and caused them a lot of damage happened to be drunk so now they gotta protect their good intentions of getting people politely wasted so that nobody questions their role in the drunkenness again .

jico. 08.14.2007 05:00 AM

that is not a very stupid idea afterall.

at least not as stupid as, and speaking of religion(which is stupid itself), drive-in church.

they have mcchurch's all over the us.

i mean, stupid are the people who attend to this kind of things.
the concept it's not that stupid because america is a target market for lazyness so i bet driven-in churchs bring higher profit than traditional churchs.

macrodollar 08.14.2007 05:02 AM

Well I can only imagine what the owners of that place thought if they'd seen me and 5 friends at a "bring your own" resteraunt with 8 bottles...
There is the slight thing that I could have died if I hadn't been looked after though...
All we do here is get pissed on the weekend, it's as British as curry.