Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What music do you listen when you wake up??? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=467)

Spiritual Amnesia 04.01.2006 04:32 AM

What music do you listen when you wake up???

i love SYR2 to wake up.

marleypumpkin 04.01.2006 05:31 AM

To be honest, everything in my cd collection. I have a 300 disc player w/ 196 cd's in it, so I'll wake up, put the playing mode on
All Disc Shuffle & I blaze a cutchie to all of my favorite groups. So, I like to listen to everything when I wake up.

Excellent thread by the way.

FruitLoop 04.01.2006 06:20 AM

it depends, though these days I like to listen to Carla Bruni when I wake up.

And if I need something brutal when I snooze too much nothing beats the first few songs of Nirvana's From the muddy banks of the Whishka (sp?)

marleypumpkin 04.01.2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FruitLoop
And if I need something brutal when I snooze too much nothing beats the first few songs of Nirvana's From the muddy banks of the Whishka (sp?)

Nice choice. Or "Bleach" is perfect for waking up to.

RdTv 04.01.2006 07:16 AM

usually I like something chilled out..maybe some Smog, Adam Green, DJ Cam, Nick Cave, Sonic Youth, it depends really on what mood I wake up having

saoq 04.01.2006 07:47 AM

i like to listen to the radio when i wake up; so i either listen to the news or a station the plays some pop hits, so now often that hung up song wakes me up. when i open the pc w/ my coffe, i usually put something i feel comfortable w/ like sy or mogwai.

soapbars 04.01.2006 09:55 AM

today i woke up to the fall - live at the sound republic, london, 15/4/99

my favourite album to wake up to is the velvet undergrounds first album,
just perfect,

samuel 04.01.2006 09:57 AM

Any thing hyper and loud.
I woke up to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs today.

marleypumpkin 04.01.2006 10:01 AM

YYY's

If I would choose any record to wake up to by the YYY's, it'd probably be the "Machine" single 7" LP.

The 97th Hammer 04.01.2006 10:26 AM

If I put music on after waking it's generally something short and sharp as I never wake more than an hour before I need to be somewere. Wire and the Fall are pretty common choices. Otherwise I'll put on one of my louder 7"s like Parts & Labor or Sightings.

sonicl 04.03.2006 03:15 AM

I get woken by whatever CD I was listening to when I went to sleep, then at 7 o'clock I go watch the music videos on Channel 4 while I eat breakfast and generally faff about, then at 7.30 I switch the radio on and listen to Terry Wogan.

John Violence 04.03.2006 12:45 PM

I always listen to a CD in the shower in the morning. It usually depends on the mood. If it is raining I usually listen to Sonic Youth (Daydream Nation, ATL, Bad Moon) or Glassjaw(Worship and Tribute). When I am excited for somthing or just really need to wake up I go with the First Foo Fighters album, Goo, or the new CKY CD.

FruitLoop 04.03.2006 02:25 PM

whoa... waking up to BMR... sounds just really weird...

LNC 04.03.2006 03:30 PM

Must must playlist while driving to university: j. cash, calexico, uncle tupelo, jayhawks, gram parsons, bille holiday, pavement, boards of canada, the national, stephen malkmus, evens, jens lekman, belle & sebastian.

schizophrenicroom 04.03.2006 04:14 PM

It depends on my mood. Most of the time I play Minor Threat, it's great to get my heart pumping. Not so great for the neighbors hearing "GUILTY OF BEING WHITE!" at five am.

John Violence 04.03.2006 05:52 PM

Good Choice. Minor Threat and Gray Matter are good ones to get hyped in the morning. I forgot to mention You're Living All Over Me. Just imagine me doing air guitar in the shower to Kracked. Im such a fucking nerd over Dino Jr.

marleypumpkin 04.04.2006 09:38 AM

Sometimes I'll wake up to some old school Motown shit. You know, Little Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, etc. In fact, I might go listen to that right now.
Oh, good morning everyone.

Inhuman 04.04.2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapbars
my favourite album to wake up to is the velvet undergrounds first album,
just perfect,

Good choice, they'd be great to wake up to.
I would have to go with anything by Dntel. Jimmy Tamballero is one of my fav's.

Hannah 04.04.2006 02:04 PM

Local radio. The guys on it piss me off so much I have to get up out of bed to turn it off. It works.

But happy music would be good. Something like Shonen Knife=instant happiness!