Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kung Fu Nation Essay Contest/Fav Sonic Album Cover (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3477)

soniclife2015 06.27.2006 11:36 AM

Kung Fu Nation Essay Contest/Fav Sonic Album Cover

So I entered this contest at Kung Fu Nation and won 1st place...anyone else here enter this contest? It was about "What is your favorite Sonic Youth album cover". I'm stoked picking out all these free t-shirts, great company to put up such a cool contest.

You can read the essay here: http://www.kungfunation.com/

I'm "Eric"...just wondering if anyone else had thoughts on their favorite album cover, and if anyone gets a chance to read my essay - if they think i'm full of shit ;)

cheers!!!

-Eric

PS - BTW, Anyone figured out or have an interesting theory on what "Rather Ripped" means?

HaydenAsche 06.27.2006 12:13 PM

Jade got 3rd. She almost whooped y'alls asses with ONE MOTHERFUCKING PARAGRAPH.

HaydenAsche 06.27.2006 12:14 PM

Oh, and according to Adam and Every-N, Rather Ripped is titled that because you feel Rather Ripped off after buying it.

soniclife2015 06.27.2006 12:45 PM

i liked Jade's - very concise and to the point. My sentiments exactly w/ the CIS cover, she nailed it. Mine was also one paragraph, just a tad bit longer than Jade's, maybe I was a tad bit overanalytical. Oh well. The second place was the lengthiest - interesting story about washing machine. Does that guy post on here from Sri Lanka? Wow, sonic youth fans everywhere...

HaydenAsche 06.27.2006 12:55 PM

Sorry, I read them yesterday. It is quite a bit longer than Jade's paragraph.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 06.27.2006 12:55 PM

awesome man.
sounds good.

noisemachine 06.27.2006 01:02 PM

I kinda have ADD when it comes to these things so the only one I could really get through was Jade's. Pretty good.

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2006 01:19 PM

congrats soniclife :) i only get a sticker and a mug.

soniclife2015 06.27.2006 01:26 PM

ah so jade rears her head too...congrats on placing - I liked your take on CIS... After seeing sonic youth in tennessee last weekend, and them doing shaking hell, I just re-ordered CIS which I lost many years ago. Can't wait to hear it again. So I wonder how many people entered this contest...I didn't even get notification from KUNG FU actually. I just hopped on the site to see who won and found myself the winner...when were they announced? Did you actually hear from Kung FU that you won?

krastian 06.27.2006 03:00 PM

I wish I knew about this....good job.

Danny Himself 06.27.2006 03:02 PM

Bah, I didn't win. I tried hard as well. Well, fuck KFN.

soniclife2015 06.27.2006 03:19 PM

well, CIS just arrived at my work...sticking it in the CD player now for the first time in years. I didn't know Kim did the artwork for the cover, cool stuff.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.27.2006 03:47 PM

evol is also my favorite album cover :D

max 06.27.2006 09:27 PM

good question. i think i am not able to answer the question myself. always loved the WM cover tho.

how about... mmm... HOLD THAT TIGER?

schizophrenicroom 06.28.2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniclife2015
ah so jade rears her head too...congrats on placing - I liked your take on CIS... After seeing sonic youth in tennessee last weekend, and them doing shaking hell, I just re-ordered CIS which I lost many years ago. Can't wait to hear it again. So I wonder how many people entered this contest...I didn't even get notification from KUNG FU actually. I just hopped on the site to see who won and found myself the winner...when were they announced? Did you actually hear from Kung FU that you won?

Yeah, I got an email from "Lauren" asking me what sticker I wanted.