Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fantasy World Cup 2010 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39862)

Hip Priest 05.27.2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
..."we beat you the other night!" what do you mean we you fuck? it wasn't you, it was this team you like, you had nothing to do with it...

You reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

Excellent.

terminal pharmacy 05.28.2010 04:58 AM

Australia all the way this year... although we do have Germany very first round.

nicfit 05.28.2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space
oh is this about football??

like, touchdowns, tackles and all that?

Please, if you touch yourself down while watching football, just keep it to yourself...jay?

Rob Instigator 05.28.2010 03:38 PM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...cc=5901&ver=us

great great GREAT very moving ESPN thing where they catch up with people who scored goals in the world cup finals matches, from 1950's to present.
gets me all riled up and emotional and ready for this Mundial

Bertrand 05.29.2010 04:12 PM

East Ruritania has joined!

Is it OK if I bring in some friends, Paul?
I promise they're bad. But then again, history showed bad French people could easily beat good Irishmen.

I'm asking Paul, but I'll take everyone's answer too.

PAULYBEE2656 06.01.2010 06:42 AM

bring em on bertrand......its open to allcomers! either here on yr facebook or in realityland! more the merrier!

chicka 06.01.2010 09:31 AM

sure why not after all there are 32 teams

PAULYBEE2656 06.04.2010 08:02 AM

the site is now open for players to pick the teams. game on as they say.

Rob Instigator 06.04.2010 09:16 AM

so how exactly does this work?

pokkeherrie 06.04.2010 09:21 AM

i haven't registered yet, but usually you get a certain budget to pick 11 players plus 3-4 substites. then you field 11 of them and each round you'll get awarded points for succesful actions (goals, assists, clean sheets, etc) and deducted points for yellow/red cards, penalty misses, etc.

Rob Instigator 06.04.2010 09:27 AM

excellent.

gonna go do this

Bertrand 06.05.2010 06:33 AM

Fancy picking French players?
Well...

Keeper will be Lloris, who's really good, but the defense is weak; the basic defense will be Sagna-Gallas-Abidal-Evra; most likely to enter the game at the back is Squillacci.
Midfield : Toulalan and Ribéry will most certainly play every game; the former hardly scores, he's a holding midfielder; with them Malouda and Gourcuff. Sub likely to join the party : Diaby.
Strike force : Henry will be used as a substitute; Anelka ain't particularly happy up front on his own and has been used there in the last three games; subs : Gignac, who will shoot as often as he can, I like him, yet he hasn't had a great season compared to 2008-2009.
I'd go with Cissé, he relishes being up front scoring tons of goals, but our beloved Domenech might not throw him in until the 80th minute.

This being said, I'd have a look at Uruguay and Mexico too...

demonrail666 06.05.2010 07:04 AM

I've got Jonathan Spector in my defence. I'm screwed!

PAULYBEE2656 06.05.2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
Fancy picking French players?

erm

NO!!!!!!!!!

Bertrand 06.05.2010 04:08 PM

What do you mean, no?
I'm not gonna pick any of them myself (until the final, when les Bleus beat whoever's not injury ravaged) but I'd have liked some of you to pick the right ones.
I made an effort and chose some English players and US ones out of politeness (I hope both teams go through). For the same reason, I looked for Irish players too but I couldn't seem to find any.

Well, you may as well forget all my genuine tips for the stubborn light-headed who might believe France's way to the second round is as easy as Italy's : Domenech, discovering his plans were not working is expected to change everything one more time 6 days before the first game.
Too bad, France had played a different football. With similar results.
Now, everything's up to astrology as far as who's to start and who's on the bench... Add to that that the team hasn't trained for two days now...
Good way to avoid injuries...

A Thousand Threads 06.08.2010 06:26 AM

Ok....
joined. I hope nobody minds I'm doing this together with Spiritual Amnesia.
We're both not really up to date in the football world,
is Oliver Kahn still around ?
:-)

the ikara cult 06.08.2010 07:33 AM

Im doing the Guardian one.

My secret weapon is Greece's goalkeeper and Lee from South Korea.

PAULYBEE2656 06.08.2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
What do you mean, no?
........ I looked for Irish players too but I couldn't seem to find any...

yeah, sorry bertrand! i failed to add ":D" to my last comment..but im sure you got the jist of it. ive actually no french players in yet but im sure some will enter the fray at some point.. i am one of the few irish that has "let go" of the situation!

chicka 06.08.2010 11:31 AM

As a beginner I'm a little unsure about in game substitutions? If I read this correctly if player A plays on Monday and nets me 2 points but player B hasn't played yet his first game is say Thursday I can chance loosing the 2 points by putting player B on the pitch hopping he'll give me more than the 2 points that player A gave me. If player A is DNP coach's decision can I substitute for him?

the ikara cult 06.08.2010 12:03 PM

If the premiership fantasy league was anything to go by, we're all best advised to copy everything Bertrand does