Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sacred Trickster (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31138)

batreleaser 05.07.2009 01:12 PM

Sacred Trickster

This song is fucking amazing. A very taste-ful way to start the record. A vocallss epic ten minute track that utilizes huitar patterns and super de-tuned chords that reminds me of the best of "Bad Moon Rising", but in a swirling and powerful neo-Prog circular pattern. This album is phenomenal, it really does sound like so fantastic Progressive No Wave, and after a few listens, this really sounds like thier best of the millenium. I can't wait to buy a copy. Man, the bassline of "Anti-Orgasm" is invading my soul, and then comes in that rocking guiar feedback curtosey of Thurston, nd then some de-tuned evil chords by Lee, jesus this shit is fatastic. This stuff is gonna sound AMAZING live. It sounds dark too, that is the thing I think I've missed in Sonic Youth, a thing they've been lacking since "New York City Ghosts and Flowers" on all tier full lengths, is thier sorta darkness. This record rules, shit, they even do folk and pull it off on "Leaky Lifeboat".

atsonicpark 05.07.2009 02:23 PM

"A vocallss epic ten minute track that utilizes huitar patterns and super de-tuned chords" ... eh?

greedrex 05.07.2009 02:29 PM

This is a huitar:

SYRFox 05.07.2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
This is a huitar:

Michael Angelo Batio rules. Though The Mars Volta > Batio to be honest.

screw them all

Skuj 05.07.2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
This song is fucking amazing. A very taste-ful way to start the record. A vocallss epic ten minute track that utilizes huitar patterns and super de-tuned chords that reminds me of the best of "Bad Moon Rising", but in a swirling and powerful neo-Prog circular pattern.

Er.....wut? Isn't it a 2min ditty without all that stuff that I bolded?

I'm confused. But I love it though. (The version I heard, anyway.)

atsonicpark 05.07.2009 04:35 PM

It should be noted that batreleaser always posts when he's stoned.

I have a bad habit of overdosing on hydros before I post, but that mainly just chills me out when people start gettin real rowdy on here.

krastian 05.07.2009 09:01 PM

I usally post after a few beers....heh.

But yeah, I love the guitars in this song. The "wakakakakak" part before Kim starts singing is great.

I've listened to this album at least once a day since we got it and it reminds me why SY are still my favorite band of all time 16 or so years later after first hearing them.

joe11121 05.07.2009 09:07 PM

I love this song. Great contribution to an amazing album. The eternal is one of their best albums, imo. Much better than RR, like WAYYY better. I'm so happy the turned the music around completely in a positive direction. SY has been my favourite band ever since I heard them for the first time.

Kuhb 05.07.2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
This song is fucking amazing. A very taste-ful way to start the record. A vocallss epic ten minute track that utilizes huitar patterns and super de-tuned chords that reminds me of the best of "Bad Moon Rising", but in a swirling and powerful neo-Prog circular pattern. This album is phenomenal, it really does sound like so fantastic Progressive No Wave, and after a few listens, this really sounds like thier best of the millenium. I can't wait to buy a copy. Man, the bassline of "Anti-Orgasm" is invading my soul, and then comes in that rocking guiar feedback curtosey of Thurston, nd then some de-tuned evil chords by Lee, jesus this shit is fatastic. This stuff is gonna sound AMAZING live. It sounds dark too, that is the thing I think I've missed in Sonic Youth, a thing they've been lacking since "New York City Ghosts and Flowers" on all tier full lengths, is thier sorta darkness. This record rules, shit, they even do folk and pull it off on "Leaky Lifeboat".

I know what he's talking about... Someone on Soulseek put up The Destroyed Room, and titled it The Eternal... complete with track names.

What he thinks is Sacred Trickster is actually Fire Engine Dream (ie 10 minute epic). And the 'folky' Leaky Lifeboat is actually Razor Blade.

Trust me, I downloaded that shit too.

atsonicpark 05.07.2009 09:24 PM

Hahahahahahahahaa.

atsonicpark 05.07.2009 09:25 PM

Let me repeat: Hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.

Now this is the best thread of the year!

So, did the fake Eternal not have the diamond sea at the end, like the destroyed room does?

joe11121 05.07.2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhb
I know what he's talking about... Someone on Soulseek put up The Destroyed Room, and titled it The Eternal... complete with track names.

What he thinks is Sacred Trickster is actually Fire Engine Dream (ie 10 minute epic). And the 'folky' Leaky Lifeboat is actually Razor Blade.

Really?! :eek: lol.

Peterpuff 05.07.2009 09:44 PM

Ouch...this moment of realization is really gonna hurt the original poster. To think Fire Engine Dream was the actual opener, and learn that Sacred Trickster is not at all like he thought. >.<

I do have to agree though...Fire Engine Dream would have been a cool shift to open an actual "album" with...

Count Mecha 05.07.2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Haha, that's rough. He's technically right though. Those are pretty good descriptions of the real tracks, they are good.

Kuhb 05.07.2009 11:16 PM

It's pretty amazing actually. I was reading this thread, WHILE downloading the fake track, WHILE listening to The Destroyed Room on my CD player.
So I downloaded the first track, listened, and seriously had to think what was going on, since I was listening to the same album on the CD player.

Shortly after this I realised what happened to the guy at the top of the thread...

wow.

Id say it would have had the Diamond Sea but I stopped the download after 3 tracks. Some smartarse would be laughing so hard when he sees people downloading the fake Eternal.

The lesson? I'm waiting for the CD release.

greedrex 05.08.2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

killthecaliforniagirls 05.08.2009 04:26 AM

soooooo funny!

andrei 05.08.2009 05:01 AM

ahahahahahahahah

Skuj 05.08.2009 12:14 PM

Yeah, hahahaha.

seni 05.08.2009 12:18 PM

That's just not right