Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Briefly back - the weekend thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13933)

sonicl 06.15.2007 03:45 AM

Briefly back - the weekend thread

The time has come for me to hand the starting of a "what are you doing this weekend" thread over to someoone else. I enjoy reading what folks are doing (especially Kegmama and Hip Priest, who always seem to have very cool things to do), but my enthusiasm for starting a thread every Friday has wained. So, someone else, please be the thread starter from next week onwards. I nominate musicfallinglikesnow, but that's not to say that she has to do it if she doesn't want to.

Anyway, my girlfriend and I have got a couple of friends over tonight to make holiday arrangements, Saturday I'm not sure what I'll be doing, Sunday we're going out to lunch with my girlfriend's dad for Father's Day, and then in the evening we're going to a Disney songs tribute concert (featuring Jarvis Cocker, Nick Cave, Shane McGowan, Pete Doherty and Bryan "No, I'm really not a Nazi, it was all a misunderstanding" Ferry, among others) at the Royal Festival Hall.

nicfit 06.15.2007 03:59 AM

Tonight - record a couple ideas in my comfy room.
Tomorrow I'll probably go to a nice music festival in Bologna

http://www.myspace.com/leviatanizanzare

(with morkobot too, sonicl! I could find a way to record them live too, hopefully... but it all depends on a friend of mine and his car, actually)
On sunday
http://www.labiennale.org/en/art/
most likely...

sarramkrop 06.15.2007 03:59 AM

Maybe you should have a separate thread for middle aged people to tell each other what they're gonna do on their weekends. I'm going to the Royal Academy because a friend has two of his paintings exhibited in there at the moment. If I can, I'll also try to pop into Toilet & Bowels' graduation exhibition as well as my ex boyfriend's pottery display in another art gallery in Victoria. It's an arty farty weekend.

jon boy 06.15.2007 04:06 AM

saturday: heather leigh murray, sunroof, tight meat and the skaters gig at a church in leeds. you can take your own alchohol too.

sunday: mothers birthday

mionday (not really the weekend true): sunroof, telescopes and astral social club.

sonicl 06.15.2007 04:08 AM

Jon! You're back! How the hell are you?

jon boy 06.15.2007 04:09 AM

ok, not back for long.

sonicl 06.15.2007 04:10 AM

Aw, shit, man. I miss you.

jon boy 06.15.2007 04:14 AM

i know but i have a life of my own now, ive moved on.

nicfit 06.15.2007 04:16 AM

zing!

sonicl 06.15.2007 04:17 AM

Well that's good. I'll just wave a tearful farewell to you. Best of luck, mate.

A Thousand Threads 06.15.2007 04:19 AM

The flyer alone makes me shiver
haha

I will be there the whole weekend.
Today we gonna bring all our equipmnet and try to organize oursefl a little bit.
Saturday evenning is the gig.
On Sunday i have to learn.

HECKLER SPRAY 06.15.2007 04:55 AM

Please, don't make fun at me...:(
Tomorrow afternoon, I 'll help my brother, who lives in the countryside and has few pets, to catch his goats in a large field. We 'll have to run, those fucking animals won't let us do it. I still wonder why I 've accepted.
I hate goats ! I hate the countryside ! Give me back my pollution and my buildings !:mad:

Sunday, I will vote for the second round of the general election.

sonicl 06.15.2007 04:58 AM

In my experience all you have to do is go into a field of goats with a sandwich in your pocket and they'll come to you.

nicfit 06.15.2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
In my experience all you have to do is go into a field of goats with a sandwich in your pocket and they'll come to you.

Maybe they are scared by Heckler's big Machete.

Iain 06.15.2007 05:05 AM

Tonight I am going to some improv gig in a church. As for the rest of the weekend I have little to no plan. I'm sure something will come up. Maybe a Barbeque if the weather is nice on Sunday.

jon boy 06.15.2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

the less said about your experience with goats the better, wont that violate your parole, i know it does mine.

HECKLER SPRAY 06.15.2007 05:22 AM

Quote:

Actually those fucking goats live in this fucking field since ages, and they became a bit wild... And I'm sure they hate me.:mad:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Maybe they are scared by Heckler's big Machete.
Ho, this one ?

I don't find it frightening.
Those goats are so stupid.

king_buzzo 06.15.2007 05:24 AM

Yes the tradition continues. You have to name a follower which will continue it if youre busy or something. We should have a poll and candidates.

sonicl 06.15.2007 05:34 AM

My thread, my rules. If MFLS wants to be thread starter, then she will be. If she doesn't want to, then I allow you to decide what happens.

Pookie 06.15.2007 07:25 AM

Saturday: working.

Sunday: who knows what treats await me for Father's Day!!!!!