Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should I stay or should I go? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112308)

_slavo_ 09.07.2015 06:24 AM

Should I stay or should I go?

(I've got a new work offer and I can't decide if to stay at current employer's or go to the new one).

Please, no questions, just say YES or NO.

TheDom 09.07.2015 01:40 PM

yes

a baby in 1980 09.07.2015 02:36 PM

yes or no

_slavo_ 09.07.2015 03:05 PM

I signed the contract.
I probably did a very stupid thing. Something tells me that.

EVOLghost 09.07.2015 03:41 PM

I'm sure you wouldn't have sign it if you didn't think it's a great opportunity.

!@#$%! 09.08.2015 01:29 AM

wtf is dis the horoscope or a computer psychic or a magic eightball

do like a businessman and read DECISIVE

by chip and dan heath

hurry up hurry hurry but hurry dammit

!@#$%! 09.08.2015 01:30 AM

o wait. too late. well read the book anyway it will benefit you next time.

meanwhile, as long as the "contract" lets you keep your kidneys you should be okay

Severian 09.09.2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I signed the contract.
I probably did a very stupid thing. Something tells me that.

On one hand I think that there's something about responding to an entire document full of stipulations, agreements, protocols and guidelines with nothing short of an unquestioning and unequivocal "OK" that damn well should make anyone and everyone feel that way. Whether it was a good decision or not, contracts are unfriendly little things that pose as offers and carry all the weight of fully backed threats. I've never rented a house, leased a car, taken out a loan or accepted a contracted position without having at least a momentary panic attack.

So, don't get too spooked about it too quickly.

On the other hand, a fair amount of the contracts I have signed have brought me nothing but trouble. In an "at will" employment world, the professional contracts have been the most fucked up of all. Any employer who wants me to sign away half of my life for a minimum of 2 years, with all the non-disclosures and no-competition bells and whistles, but maintains the right one-way right to terminate my employment at any time for any reason, is ethically and morally empty and certainly does not have my best interests at heart.

But hey, that's life. I'm sure you did what you felt was best, and a lot of people are very content and make a great deal of money working for evil sons of bitches. Just re-calibrate your own ethical and moral compass as needed, and collect your paycheck.

We've all been there. Things have a way of working out. Not for me, or anyone I know really... But hey- maybe for you!

_slavo_ 09.18.2015 08:58 AM

I turned it down. About 15 minutes ago, I called the future boss and I said I can't accept the offer. I just had to.

Rob Instigator 09.18.2015 09:27 AM

Go with your gut bro