Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thurston on the raw power of his new favourite band - Big Joanie (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=119985)

confusion is next 08.23.2019 08:38 AM

Thurston on the raw power of his new favourite band - Big Joanie
 
https://radiomilwaukee.org/discover-...1E-ue_ZEAt-Hxw

The Soup Nazi 08.23.2019 01:40 PM

Thank you!
:)

Toilet & Bowels 08.23.2019 02:01 PM

I don't get the hype around this band at all.

greenlight 08.24.2019 04:44 AM

first time encounter with Big Joanie band via link above.

confusion is next 08.24.2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't get the hype around this band at all.


me either...definition of punk rock for Thurston its strange to me...maybe hipster punk ?!

blunderbuss 08.25.2019 03:52 AM

Well he does live in hipster central.

_tunic_ 08.25.2019 06:24 AM

In his defence (not that I feel the need to defend him): I've seen support acts that I didn't know before but liked a lot and bought their album from their merch desk. Only to return home and listen to the album and didn't like it as much and never listened to that album again. Perhaps this was one of those nights for him.
I watched parts of their KEXP session and was still underwhelmed. But they are special in the sense that I don't know many female afro bands playing this kind of music. But then again, I often have no clue about the bands you all are raving about ��

Toilet & Bowels 08.26.2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
But they are special in the sense that I don't know many female afro bands playing this kind of music.



If people like them for that reason it would be incredibly patronising

Bertrand 10.11.2019 12:39 PM

That bit is so true...


Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
In his defence (not that I feel the need to defend him): I've seen support acts that I didn't know before but liked a lot and bought their album from their merch desk. Only to return home and listen to the album and didn't like it as much and never listened to that album again. Perhaps this was one of those nights for him.


Chris Lawrence 10.11.2019 09:41 PM

oops

The Soup Nazi 10.12.2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
oops


Another troll? Gotta be Rudy G...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth