Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Things You Bought Today thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24560)

tw2113 08.18.2008 09:48 PM

The Things You Bought Today thread

In conjunction with my birthday, I went to wallyworld and bought myself a relatively inexpensive new computer chair. Old chair that I was using, I've had since I started college, and I wanted one that could rotate and tilt and had arm rests.

What'd you buy today?

Sonic Youth 37 08.18.2008 09:49 PM

I spent $60 on music today.

Everyneurotic 08.18.2008 10:35 PM

a book, a record, a gelato, a doner kebab, a mountain dew.

pbradley 08.18.2008 10:38 PM

A brisket sandwich and a bottle of cream soda.

✌➬ 08.18.2008 10:40 PM

Nothing, I have no money.

Cantankerous 08.18.2008 10:52 PM

french fries and a sprite.

davenotdead 08.18.2008 10:59 PM

didn't pay for em today, but my new runnin shoes got in

viewtiful_alan 08.18.2008 11:10 PM

A five dollar pizza from little ceasers and a two dollar 2 liter bottle of root beer from there.
Split it (and the price) with my best friend
Goodness.

HaydenAsche 08.18.2008 11:50 PM

I spent 52 cents on boneless wings at Applebee's.

Hooray for 8 dollars off every shift.

tw2113 08.19.2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I spent 52 cents on boneless wings at Applebee's.

Hooray for 8 dollars off every shift.

can you say "score!"?

✌➬ 08.19.2008 12:51 AM

Two cheeseburgers, and small fries.

HaydenAsche 08.19.2008 12:51 AM

Believe me, I have been saying it all night.

!@#$%! 08.19.2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
In conjunction with my birthday, I went to wallyworld and bought myself a relatively inexpensive new computer chair. Old chair that I was using, I've had since I started college, and I wanted one that could rotate and tilt and had arm rests.

What'd you buy today?

sappy barfday!

i bought myself a few tequila shots and some LPs

oh holy fuck i also bought a sleep number bed. it's fucking insane!

al shabbray 08.19.2008 04:29 AM

yesterday (cause today already had begun):
an egg
4 coffee to go
cigs
coke

MellySingsDoom 08.19.2008 04:34 AM

Things to buy at lunchtime:

Cigs (20 Malboro Lights)
New cig lighter
Maybe a coffee

al shabbray 08.19.2008 04:38 AM

I am planning on buying records too. the list si gettign longer and longer, but I am almost broke.
trying not to buy anything today except cigrettes

alteredcourse 08.19.2008 04:39 AM

Im death broke after shambhala, not that the place itself was $$ but leading up to the trek i anticipated much spendage so i was going all out , going out for dinner and buying batteries .

Today I bought a bowl of Pho and a foam board for a collage .

_slavo_ 08.19.2008 04:40 AM

A can of Redbull. I'm enjoying the buzz now.

al shabbray 08.19.2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
A can of Redbull. I'm enjoying the buzz now.

red bull + women = going completely insane

(everytime we mention women as a reference to the album, I think almost everybody wont get this, everybody will think about the women women)
but the way did you tried that red bull cola mix up? its new in germany and I am thinkin about trying it

king_buzzo 08.19.2008 04:45 AM

since its only morning i'll tell you what i bought yesterday:

a low-wattage soldering iron
solder
isolation tape
chinese food

and maybe something else but i can't remember.

i'm going to buy a new mouse for my laptop today. and i'm thinking about a new wii game but i don't really wanna spend the money.

alteredcourse 08.19.2008 04:47 AM

What is isolation tape ?
and what are you gonna do with the soldering tools ? Is that all for your computer ? if so , I do not care . Do reply if you intend on building a battering armour around your computer zone , in which you solder razors to your fences and must be fed cookes through gaps .

al shabbray 08.19.2008 04:50 AM

isnt isolation tape this coloured tape for putting around cables which you ve cutted and re-isolate them this way?

_slavo_ 08.19.2008 04:54 AM

I misread it for "isolation rape" and ran away in fright.

alteredcourse 08.19.2008 04:56 AM

im still confused . figure its white and only meant for white rooms .

al shabbray 08.19.2008 05:01 AM

no its that kind of tape you put around cable ends where you clipped off the isolation.

alteredcourse 08.19.2008 05:02 AM

isolation for what ? like you cant split it ? why wouldnt you want to split it ?
dont mean to be tedious

al shabbray 08.19.2008 05:08 AM

yes, but the tape isnt that "heavy" it kinda sucks for all purposes except isolating cables. Ive tried to usi it for something else, but the glue is kinda crappy especially compared to duct tape!

king_buzzo 08.19.2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
What is isolation tape ?
and what are you gonna do with the soldering tools ? Is that all for your computer ? if so , I do not care . Do reply if you intend on building a battering armour around your computer zone , in which you solder razors to your fences and must be fed cookes through gaps .

haha no not for my laptop, just for some circuit bending.

al shabbray 08.19.2008 05:19 AM

nice Ive done some circuit bending too. but its almost 3 years ago.
Ive bought a really cheap kiddies keyboard, opened it up and was surprised how simple it was. I turned it into a grainy noise bomb. putted in some switches, now you can play really shitty keyboard sounds and switch instantly to a kid-eating bastard while playing. circuit bending is a lot of fun

gmku 08.19.2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sappy barfday!

i bought myself a few tequila shots and some LPs

oh holy fuck i also bought a sleep number bed. it's fucking insane!

Hey, man, what LPs?

I have to live vicariously through others' LP purchases since I haven't bought any in months.

& a sleep number bed?! Wow. Does it really help give you better sleep?

gmku 08.19.2008 06:18 AM

I sent back two pairs of shoes to Zappos--the Stan Smiths and PF Flyers--and bought a pair of Camper Brothers in their place. I've been trying to round out my shoes selection so I have appropriate things for all occasions and types of clothes. It's been kind of a struggle finding the right kind of casual shoe that's light enough for warm weather but also durable and potentially something I can dress up a little. These

replace my old Campers and are actually much nicer--I bought my correct size this time so they're not quite as ski-looking (for whatever reason I thought I needed a full size bigger last time), and they seem to have improved the way the make them, so they're much more solid. Anyway, I love them.

Also continuing to replace old clothes with new items when I can afford them. Yesterday was another BR clearance rack run. Picked up a couple of nice polos (one kind of dressy), a crisp-looking short-sleeved white shirt, and a navy cashmere blend summer-weight sweater. All for under 100 bucks.

Considering I lived mostly in black tee-shirts and jeans for most of last fall, winter, and spring, I'm not feeling guilty about buying clothes. I'm tired of living in jeans and tee-shirts. It can get a girl down after a while.

Cantankerous 09.05.2008 03:30 AM

MellySingsDoom 09.05.2008 03:33 AM

Nice boots, there - looks very stylish in a "classic" way.

Cantankerous 09.05.2008 03:35 AM

i'm wearing all of it together. black suits me.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 09.05.2008 03:37 AM

Too many drinks
Some new sneakers and shoes
Flight to Paris
Salad + Boca Burger

MellySingsDoom 09.05.2008 03:38 AM

Cantankers - Nice. I bet you could kick some serious ass with those boots. (Not that you don't kick serious ass anyway, naturlich). You must have quite a collection of shoes/boots now - I think it's a 3-way tie between you, girlgun and terriblecanyons for "SY ladies w/kickin' shoes" collection...actually, make that 4-way - mustn't forget Kegmama.

Cantankerous 09.05.2008 03:39 AM

i probably have at least 100 pairs of shoes
high heels are not the best choice for ass kicking because it's very easy to lose your balance. although a swift kick to the balls or the shin with a stiletto heel is not pleasant, from what i understand.

MellySingsDoom 09.05.2008 03:45 AM

^^^Re. goolie-whacking - ouch! Remind me never to get in your way whilst you're in the middle of an ass-kick ;). 100 pairs? Yeah, that's a lot. I think you take first prize in the shoe ownership stakes. From what I've seen of the shoes you've posted before, there's certain style(s) that you really like, I guess the "gothic" look being one - for want of a better word - and also a more "glam" style too.

Cantankerous 09.05.2008 03:47 AM

glam goth is probably how i would describe my personal style to someone if they asked

MellySingsDoom 09.05.2008 03:51 AM

Yeah, I can well imagine that - a black based ensemble but w/mucho style and spunkiness.

Being a former goth myself (you wouldn't believe it looking at me now, ha ha), I still love the gothic look/style. When I went to see Whitehouse in April, they had a "goth disco" night afterwards, and in between getting plastered w/some friends of Frank from Ramleh, enjoyed checking out the looks that the ladies in particular were sporting. There was quite a striking trasvestvite too, if I recall correctly.