Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 10.28.2008 11:32 PM

Haha it's just some shot on video thing. It's actually clever and funny at times but it's just so shitty.

I appreciated how quiet Replacement Killers was, though it's probably just because Chow Yun Fat can't speak English! But it was just such a crappy and Americanized take on Hong Kong action movies.. what was the point.

!@#$%! 10.28.2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
what was the point.

mira sorvino's legs.

(it's kinda like one of those "meaning of life" questions/answers)

!@#$%! 10.28.2008 11:35 PM

oh adam i dont know if this shit is your thing but when you get a chance check out VERMILLION PLEASURE NIGHT on netflix instant watch.

it's tv. it's crap. but i think it's fucking brilliant and i can't explain why.

atsonicpark 10.28.2008 11:46 PM

VERMILLION PLEASURE NIGHT?

I'll look it up now, haha. The title is great at least!

I just queued a movie called GEEK MAGGOT BINGO.

atsonicpark 10.28.2008 11:47 PM

Even in the wild world of Japanese late-night TV, this show stands out for the bizarre vignettes that include everything from clay creatures talking about body hair to a playhouse full of desperately violent housewives. Profane, provocative and often disturbing, director Yoshimasa Ishibashi's variety show -- which mixes live action, animation and special effects -- delivers a sensual assault that yields a unique perspective on modern culture.

Also, it's been compared to Liquid Television on one of the reviews!

I'll watch this later, thanks!!

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 04:03 AM

touch me in the morning - 10/10

Quite possibly the funniest film I've ever seen. Pure genius. So direct and honest and .. touching! Brilliant.

breaking news - 7/10

Worth seeing just for the 8-minute single-take action scene at the beginning, but the whole film is great. If you're into Hong Kong action films I mean.

microwave massacre - 7/10

Fucking HILARIOUS. Only 76 minutes... never get boring, never gets old, with some silly gore.

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 04:29 AM

Hey symbol man I'm watching vermillion pleasure night vol 1 right now. This is brilliant! Thankssss.

viewtiful_alan 10.29.2008 06:52 AM

Starsky and Hutch last night, couldn't finish it
Its a fun movie, cant argue that.. but funny? I was having a really hard time finding where I was supposed to be cracking up. It was just a mindless entertainer.
6/10

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 07:09 AM

If a film was so bad you couldn't finish it, how can it rate a 6/10?...

If a film was so bad I couldn't finish it, and there have been a select few like welcome to mooseport or hog wild, I'd give them a low rating or no rating (depending on how much I saw).

noisereductions 10.29.2008 07:23 AM

Adam, what year is MICROWAVE MASSACRE from?

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 07:56 AM

I think 81.

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 07:59 AM

sorry, 83./

noisereductions 10.29.2008 08:05 AM

I need to check that. Reminds me, I need to see DEATH BED too.

atsonicpark 10.29.2008 10:02 AM

haha the bed that eats.

I have that on my netflix...

viewtiful_alan 10.29.2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
If a film was so bad you couldn't finish it, how can it rate a 6/10?...

If a film was so bad I couldn't finish it, and there have been a select few like welcome to mooseport or hog wild, I'd give them a low rating or no rating (depending on how much I saw).

I didnt really type that right at all, I got tired and turned it off for the night.
I gave what I had seen thus far a six of ten.

viewtiful_alan 10.29.2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I need to check that. Reminds me, I need to see DEATH BED too.

A true classic of crap film. The guy at blockbuster gave me such a wierd look when I rented it. XD

mangajunky 10.29.2008 04:47 PM

So I haven't seen this yet - but there's an old Fulci flick called the Beyond that features a character named "Joe The Plumber" and he's responsible for unleashing zombie hell. One of the other main characters is John McCabe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/

viewtiful_alan 10.29.2008 04:49 PM

Anyone here seen the corpse grinders?

fugazifan 10.29.2008 06:47 PM

i saw ride the high country
excellent movie.
hey adam, the place where i rent movies just got street trash in their reissue section. is it worth seeing ?(he asked knowingly)

noisereductions 10.29.2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangajunky
So I haven't seen this yet - but there's an old Fulci flick called the Beyond that features a character named "Joe The Plumber" and he's responsible for unleashing zombie hell. One of the other main characters is John McCabe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082307/

Uh, yeah. The Beyond (AKA The Seven Doors Of Death) is probably my favorite Fulci film!