Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

!@#$%! 06.02.2008 09:14 AM

i forgot to say albert finney is the fucking shit, but if you saw "under the volcano" you already know.

he's a bug-eyed acting genius. the fucking godfather.

Rob Instigator 06.02.2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

fucking A

great great movie

marisa tomei is not just a great actress but she's fucking beautiful

philip seymour hoffman fucking rules

ethan hawke as the family runt is brilliant

this is all greath shit, watch it, and watcht the commentary track because it is fucking GOOD.

movie worth a re-watch or two or more. check it out.

I thought it was a flawed movie. I HATED the stupid mood crushing idiocy of the sounds and edits everytime they did a flashback. it made me NOT CARE about these loser people.
thenm, when I got sucked back in, another STUPID fucking flashback effect.

fugazifan 06.02.2008 03:52 PM

i didnt like before the devil.... but marissa tomei is a godess. shes probaby in her mid 40s and still has some of the nicest tits ive seen...

!@#$%! 06.02.2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I thought it was a flawed movie. I HATED the stupid mood crushing idiocy of the sounds and edits everytime they did a flashback. it made me NOT CARE about these loser people.
thenm, when I got sucked back in, another STUPID fucking flashback effect.

yeah, perhaps gimmicky, perhaps a way to tell the audience "hey, we're jumping in time" here-- while i noticed it, it didn't bug me. sort of like spinning a record-- i didn't mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
i didnt like before the devil.... but marissa tomei is a godess. shes probaby in her mid 40s and still has some of the nicest tits ive seen...

doesn't she? her nipples were most defiantly pointing UP. but aside from that, she's beautiful and and excellent actress.

im happy i got to see this movie at last. when it came out i went to the movies and this filthy geezer was snorting and eating his own boogers at a very loud volume. i shushed him to no end, he kept eating phlegm. so we walked out, got our money back & went to see no country for old men-- turned out great! but anyway, time for revenge, i loved this flick.

the actors are good! come on-- recognize. good plot too, good everything-- what's not to like? (well there is cheeto's rejection of the cutting style, but besides that?).

Rob Instigator 06.02.2008 04:52 PM

the movie and the story and everything were great, it is just those flashbacks that killed me. other than those the movie is 4 star material!

DeadDiscoDildo 06.03.2008 12:15 AM

I didn't mind the flashbacks so much, but whatever. It was a pretty good movie.

davenotdead 06.03.2008 12:42 AM

awesome

max 06.03.2008 01:07 AM

shit! i have to watch it tonite with my girl!!! wow... trippy combo...

DeadDiscoDildo 06.03.2008 04:44 AM

Michael Mann's 'HEAT'.

I really enjoyed it. Always heard good things about that movie but never got around to seeing it, until I read an interview with Christopher Nolan that HEAT was a huge influence on his upcoming film 'The Dark Knight'.

god, im such a bitch.

ALIEN ANAL 06.03.2008 05:58 AM

hah i was about to ask if you watched it because of the dark knight coming out soon and the recent interview with nolan

atsonicpark 06.03.2008 06:39 AM

heat is so good!

DeadDiscoDildo 06.03.2008 07:09 AM

Yeah man, thats funny. After I watched Heat and I've seen the prologue of the Dark knight, the influence is spot on....im so excited for that fuckin movie!

& yeah, heat has quickly become one of my top favs, the first heist and then the shoot out at the end was awesome. Probably one of the coolest, realistic shoot outs of any 90s movie.

nicfit 06.03.2008 07:26 AM

mann is great when it comes to filming cities/urban landscapes at night time.

Everyneurotic 06.05.2008 12:09 AM

factory girl.

was nice but it's very dramatized, very one sided and there's tons of historical inaccurancies.

it was also the first movie i've seen in a matinee since i was like 5.

DeadDiscoDildo 06.05.2008 01:33 AM

Best. Movie. Ever.

Cantankerous 06.05.2008 01:44 AM

kids on my iPod
factory girl wasn't that good...sienna did a good job but it was poorly written

Everyneurotic 06.05.2008 10:45 AM

yeah, she does a marvelous job, i didn't expect her acting to be that good.

Derek 06.05.2008 11:08 AM

Dead Ringers.

Awesome.

fugazifan 06.05.2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Dead Ringers.

Awesome.

amazing!
i have been meaning to see the baron munchousen. i love gilliam
i saw the great silence the other day.brilliant!
kinski is phenomenal as is morricones score. and the final scene is amazing

Rob Instigator 06.05.2008 04:21 PM

i have always loved the Munchhausen, especially back in the day on the lsd, and I am the only person I know that likes it!