Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   new south park episode dissing family guy (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=596)

dietzer123 04.04.2006 11:45 PM

south park is really hit or miss. some episodes are brilliant and hilarious. others are absolutely unwatchable

hey alex 04.05.2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
yeah, i love futurerama! anyone catch the episode with beck as a guest star?

did i catch the episode with? Ha! Futurama is easily my favorite show on adult swim (sure, it was a fox show, but hey). It never gets old and has a real heart (like the bee episode last night where fry died, sorta).

Family guy was awesome back in the day. I was one of the few that watched it back before it was being cancelled every week and then got put on dvd and adult swim. It was once fresh, sure it had a simpsons dynamic in ways, but that's practically just the sitcom dynamic. Family guy was a slew of fast jokes and out there refrences that actually push lines, tastefully (as compared to drawn together which just throws up everyhting past the line with no brains making it just fuckin dumb).
Then it was renewed, and it was stale. Jokes linger too long and become forulaic (sp?). It just got MOR and has more on the line now so they're going to pander to masses and not take chances like they used to.

I just hope that the new episodes of futurama won't suck. I'm sure they'll at least be ok.

And finally... simpsons will always be great, even if recent episodes aare slipping a bit. It's the simpsons. And south park... I think south park actually got better as it went on... they're 10 yrs in and, if not better, then they;re at least riding on a plateau of they're peak. I'm not able to catch as often as I used to, but when I do I still find it funny.

And thus concludes what's probably most longest post yet and for awhile. I talk about this a lot i guess.

Iain 04.05.2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
john k's new yogi/booboo thing...

Huh....as in John 'Ren and Stimpy' Kricfalusi? He's done some kind of Yogi/Booboo thing? Man, I need to see that.

krastian 04.05.2006 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
Huh....as in John 'Ren and Stimpy' Kricfalusi? He's done some kind of Yogi/Booboo thing? Man, I need to see that.

Yeah me too. What? Really?

Rob Instigator 04.05.2006 09:33 AM

I have hated Family Guy with all my heart, witha leel of virulent hate ussually reserved for the likes of The Black Eyed Peas or fascists, since I watched the firzt episode, the pilot. I have tried to watch that piece of recycled trash at least twice a season and I never get more than ten minutes in. the show sucks. the jokes are EASY. the show raises no questions, it still makes jokes about bullshit from the 80's, retro jokes, tired, re-hash, bullshit jokes. I fucking hate that show. I have a theory that the same people that kept america's funniest home videos on the air have kept family guy on too. ugly stupid terrible worthless show.

chabib 04.05.2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain

yeah. it's pretty funny. it's a little weird to hear ren in booboo's voice though. sorta creepy.

Toilet & Bowels 04.05.2006 11:43 AM

well creepiness was never far away in ren and stimpy.

family guy and futurama are for people with a rubbish sense of humour. especially family guy, i dislike that program to the point of thinking less of people who enjoy it. same goes for sienfield.

Trasher02 04.05.2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I think this is good. I think Family Guy is horribly overrated. There are oh so many better television shows.

you motherfucker! i love family guy,it's one the most funniest shows on television nowadays.

krastian 04.05.2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have hated Family Guy with all my heart, witha leel of virulent hate ussually reserved for the likes of The Black Eyed Peas or fascists.....

Ha ha ha ha.

noumenal 04.05.2006 01:55 PM

We may find out that the episode doesn't really making fun of The Family Guy.....but probably not.

I mean, they didn't really make fun of The Simpsons, did they?

Trasher02 04.05.2006 02:00 PM

no it was actually more a tribute to the simpsons

EyeballGrowth 04.05.2006 02:30 PM

ahahaha, all the little hot topic family guy nerds are gonna get so pissed off by this South Park. Which is an awesome show by the way. You don't need to diss it and all of a sudden change your opinion about it because it makes fun of the " Almighty Family Guy "

Rob Instigator 04.05.2006 02:33 PM

futurama is my favorite. I wish I had cable television.

smartest cartoon ever.

TheDom 04.05.2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
well creepiness was never far away in ren and stimpy.

family guy and futurama are for people with a rubbish sense of humour. especially family guy, i dislike that program to the point of thinking less of people who enjoy it. same goes for sienfield.

I can see why you would hate Family Guy or even Futurama..

but SEINFELD????

That is the best show ever. Period.

finding nobody 04.05.2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietzer123
south park is really hit or miss. some episodes are brilliant and hilarious. others are absolutely unwatchable

agreed.

i'll be watching tonight's episode

HaydenAsche 04.05.2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
you motherfucker! i love family guy,it's one the most funniest shows on television nowadays.

No. You are wrong, sir.

afreespirit 04.05.2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Flanger
Yeah, remember South Park made fun of the Simpsons too.

I hope they're brutal.

But in a reverential way.

Toilet & Bowels 04.05.2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
I can see why you would hate Family Guy or even Futurama..

but SEINFELD????

That is the best show ever. Period.

i hold you in complete disdain and contempt

FruitLoop 04.05.2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Keep it that way. 1 & 2 are the only good ones. Although, I don't have 3.

But let me give you some adviceanyway, buy FUTURAMA!

Season 3 has some good ones..... a much better buy than the last dvd imho

finding nobody 04.05.2006 09:01 PM

the episode is comming on RIGHT NOW