Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do you have a band????? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=72)

MellySingsDoom 07.13.2008 05:25 AM

Well, here it is, some of my solo efforts:

http://www.myspace.com/budisov

sarramkrop 07.13.2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
This must be the supergroup called you-know-what, surely? If so, you up for the manager's job? I see you as a Warhol-type figure....get us all together dude, and we could be as big as, er, Terminal Cheesecake ;):D

To be prefectly honest you're right, I'd be a better manager than musician. It's 3 guys I know who are ''talking'' about it, so let's see if the talk becomes a reality. If Cunt-Staples are up for having a manager, I'm available.

MellySingsDoom 07.13.2008 08:23 AM

Yeah, you can certainly manage us, sarram. Just remember to bill us above the puppet show, and not below.

MellySingsDoom 07.13.2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
it's fine
i'll try and record a better one some other time

Finally dowloaded it. I can hear the bits where you're struggling to hit the right notes, but when you get there it sounds really good. Again, well done & keep going for it.

Cantankerous 07.13.2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Finally dowloaded it. I can hear the bits where you're struggling to hit the right notes, but when you get there it sounds really good. Again, well done & keep going for it.

i sent it to my mum and she told me to keep at it

i think my voice needs to sound...bigger and boomier, less thin, you know?

MellySingsDoom 07.13.2008 08:47 AM

Your mum's right. The texture of the voice will come I think, once you're confident with shaping the way the vocals go.

By the way, did you bother listening to the crap I put up on MySpace today? If you think it's shite, I don't mind you telling me so. I mean, I think my ego can just about take it ;)

Cantankerous 07.13.2008 04:08 PM

i'll listen to it after i gorge myself with more food and then go to sleep. promise.

DeadDiscoDildo 07.14.2008 02:29 PM

Melly I listened to your myspace, the first tune is fuckin awesome. The second one is good but I like the first one alittle better i think.

I'm sure my stuff is more straight forward pop with tiny bits of noise thrown in but I'd like to see what you & cank think of it. you two are taking over this thread :-P

MellySingsDoom 07.14.2008 07:54 PM

^^^^Thanks dude - much appreicate your comments! Have just come back from a night out w/sarramkrop, so am a bit, er merry ;). Will definitely check your stuff out properly.

Me and Cantanky - yeah, I guess we own this thread now :p heh heh. Have you heard her v. recent stuff on here - for what it's worth, I really like her voice.

Cantankerous 07.14.2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Me and Cantanky - yeah, I guess we own this thread now :p heh heh. Have you heard her v. recent stuff on here - for what it's worth, I really like her voice.

:rolleyes: oh stop

melly i do like yr songs by the way

MellySingsDoom 07.14.2008 08:23 PM

LOL at the rolleyes.

Thanks for the kind comments about me songs - to be honest, I didn't think that electronic racket would be your cup of tea. You still practising the "Great Gig..."?

Cantankerous 07.14.2008 08:27 PM

you're welcome
i haven't practised at all today actually, i went out shopping and i fit into a UK size 4 (that's a 0 in the US) pants!!!! :eek:
i was shocked, as i've been quite the little piglet lately

MellySingsDoom 07.14.2008 08:31 PM

Size 4 - blimey, that's well slim! Must be all that Malboro Red smoking and devil horn wearing you be doing.

Cantankerous 07.14.2008 08:34 PM

it's insanity, i tell you. i should be obese.

MellySingsDoom 07.14.2008 08:37 PM

Well, enjoy the slimness now that you got it going good!

Back to music and shite - you heard any good stuff in France?

Cantankerous 07.14.2008 08:40 PM

nah, i haven't like, looked at schedules for any venues or anything, mostly just been laying on my ass on the beach and smoking weed, either that or sick in bed.

atsonicpark 07.14.2008 08:42 PM

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n8o42n

NEW SCISSOR SHOCK EP NICE TUXEDO TO DIE IN

MellySingsDoom 07.14.2008 08:46 PM

Cantanky - sounds alright to me. Wish I could be lying on a beach somewhere at t'moment.

atsonicpark - will check out yr stuff in due course.

DeadDiscoDildo 07.14.2008 10:06 PM

yes i have heard cantaks stuff I dig it indeed, she has a very good voice...but then again, me and her might be on the same drugs so it all sounds the same.

MellySingsDoom 07.16.2008 05:02 PM

DeadDiscoDildo - nice stuff. Especially liked "I Kill Moon".

atsonicpark - yer new EP's not too shabby at all. I like the "cut-up" aspect of the production.