Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Glice 09.12.2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
greatest.band.ever.


Fretwanking was never this much fun before. Yeah!

They make me want to punch the air and go Yeah! a lot. Yeah!

Everyneurotic 09.12.2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
better than manowar.


tons better

Everyneurotic 09.12.2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Fretwanking was never this much fun before. Yeah!

They make me want to punch the air and go Yeah! a lot. Yeah!


...and high fiving people at random!

Glice 09.12.2006 05:15 PM

Yeah! High Five! Yeah!

Whooping is ok when listening to Dragonforce.

Whoo!!! Yeah!!!!

High Five!!!!

AAAAAAALLLL RIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

HaydenAsche 09.13.2006 02:13 AM

Arcade Fire - Funeral.

The first four tracks are brilliant.

static-harmony 09.13.2006 02:29 AM

Pretty Hate Machines- Nine inch nails.

Norma J 09.13.2006 04:28 AM

This is called Goin' Out West... Tom Waits. We really like this song. We thought it was appropriate... given that Sydney is so west of many places.

- Dissociatives

Tokolosh 09.13.2006 06:48 AM

 

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 07:37 AM

Public Image Linited.

porkmarras 09.13.2006 07:42 AM

I was listening to this again this morning:

 

gmku 09.13.2006 10:22 AM

 

sonicl 09.13.2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Chelsea are currently 2 - 0 up. Sonicl will be enjoying his evening at Stamford Bridge.

It wasn't so great to be at as I assume it was to listen to. A lot of our players' first touch was terrible, and Werder Bremen seemed to find it fairly easy to dispossess us. At half time I was expecting then to come back and equalise, but obviously it was never to be. We'll never win the Champions league if we continue with performances like that though.

Пятхъдесят Шест: I assume you had to pay some ridiculous postage charge for your hoodie? If you want anything again anytime, PM me and I'll get my Fulham season ticket holder mate to get it for you and I'll post it to you at cost. You can Paypal the money to me.

Regarding Al Fayed, my mate is quite a fan of him on the basis that he often subsides travel to away matches and makes it easy for the less well off fans to follow them. That gets a thumbs up from me.

gmku 09.13.2006 10:23 AM

Plus (not all at the same time, though):

 


 

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
It wasn't so great to be at as I assume it was to listen to. A lot of our players' first touch was terrible, and Werder Bremen seemed to find it fairly easy to dispossess us. At half time I was expecting then to come back and equalise, but obviously it was never to be. We'll never win the Champions league if we continue with performances like that though.


It shows how much wuality you have. Even with the flaws, you beat a decent German side 2 - 0. The sign of a good team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Regarding Al Fayed, my mate is quite a fan of him on the basis that he often subsides travel to away matches and makes it easy for the less well off fans to follow them. That gets a thumbs up from me.


That gets the thumbs up from me too. The attempts to fool the home office for a passport, and the persistant allegations that have been made concerning his attitude towards black and female staff members make me feel rather more uncertain.

I'm listening to this (the reissued, remastered, bookletted boxset affair):

 


Classic pop LP from the 1980's, one of the top three in fact without a doubt. Sounds great.

Tokolosh 09.13.2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
 


Classic pop LP from the 1980's, one of the top three in fact without a doubt. Sounds great.


That's a great album!

 

I bought this solo recently.

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:33 AM

English pop with oriental electronic sounds and middle eastern percussion. Wonderful.

I love Japan, and I love evrything David Sylvian's done since, whether solo or collaborative.

Pookie 09.13.2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I was listening to this again this morning:

 


Haven't heard this for a while.

I remember buying it & thinking how original it sounded. I lent my copy out & never saw it again. Boo hoo.

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:35 AM

Cornershop are a genuinely underrated band. The fact that they failed to benefit more than others from the 'Britpop' thing and its after-effects is a testament to some very faulty thinking on the part of the media and the British public. How many songs are better than 'Sleep on the Left Side' or 'We're in Yr Corner'?

sonicl 09.13.2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I'm listening to this (the reissued, remastered, bookletted boxset affair):

 


Classic pop LP from the 1980's, one of the top three in fact without a doubt. Sounds great.

Great stuff indeed. Their Exorcising Ghosts compilation is one of my favourite albums for chilling out.

Nightporter = godlike.

Pookie 09.13.2006 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
English pop with oriental electronic sounds and middle eastern percussion. Wonderful.

I love Japan, and I love evrything David Sylvian's done since, whether solo or collaborative.


I never liked Japan at the time, but having really loved David Sylvian's more recent efforts I've started to re-listen them.

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:38 AM

I love Oil on Canvas most, for the Japan stuff. Voices Raised In Welcome, Hands Raised In Prayer is one of my favourite song titles (even if it has no singing, so it's not a song).

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
I never liked Japan at the time, but having really loved David Sylvian's more recent efforts I've started to re-listen them.


That's cool. I don't think there's any doubt that Tin Drum is by far and away their finest LP proper.

Only eight songs, but every one of them is top notch. Especiallly Sons of Pioneers and Cantonese Boy.

sonicl 09.13.2006 10:41 AM

I've always had a problem with Oil on Canvas on account of it being the most un-live live album in existence.

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:43 AM

I know what you mean about that, I assume it's either heavily mastered or a flawless performance. Sons of Pioneers takes on a haunted quality though that makes it even better.

Pookie 09.13.2006 10:44 AM

Every time I come onto this board, my mental list of 'must listen to/buy' increases.

sonicl 09.13.2006 10:46 AM

Pookie! Stop being invisible. It's very rude.



EDIT - That's better. Thank you.

Pookie 09.13.2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Pookie! Stop being invisible. It's very rude.


Rude? I thought I was being enigmatic.:cool:

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Every time I come onto this board, my mental list of 'must listen to/buy' increases.


If you're referring to Tin Drum, then I may be able to help. I'll no longer be needing my original cassette version, so I'll pop it in with my round three mixtape if you like. It'll be cool if it goes to a good home.

Pookie 09.13.2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
If you're referring to Tin Drum, then I may be able to help. I'll no longer be needing my original cassette version, so I'll pop it in with my round three mixtape if you like. It'll be cool if it goes to a good home.


Oh bless you.

Hip Priest 09.13.2006 11:08 AM

'Tis a pleasure.

See you all tonight.

ondskan 09.13.2006 11:09 AM

Pink Floyd - Wish You Where Here

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.13.2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

Пятхъдесят Шест: I assume you had to pay some ridiculous postage charge for your hoodie? If you want anything again anytime, PM me and I'll get my Fulham season ticket holder mate to get it for you and I'll post it to you at cost. You can Paypal the money to me.



Yes the postage was a bit much, considering it is only clothing. I wanted it badly though, so that people can ask, "what the hell is FFC?"

You really are too kind Sonicl! I will keep this in mind.

TheDom 09.13.2006 02:32 PM

inspired by gmku

 

porkmarras 09.13.2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Haven't heard this for a while.

I remember buying it & thinking how original it sounded. I lent my copy out & never saw it again. Boo hoo.

At that time i used to go head over hills about them and Huggy Bear.Do you remember when they burned the Morrisey's poster in front of the EMI offices in Hammersmith?

porkmarras 09.13.2006 02:39 PM

 

porkmarras 09.13.2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Every time I come onto this board, my mental list of 'must listen to/buy' increases.

Funny you say that.I can't keep up with you lot unless i consider male prostitution as a serious second job option.

gmku 09.13.2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
inspired by gmku

 


Damn.

I think I have to run back to the store and grab that Cows LP. Sounds like they are just the band for me. I love that noisy 90s stuff.

porkmarras 09.13.2006 03:15 PM

 

nomadicfollower 09.13.2006 04:06 PM

 

porkmarras 09.13.2006 04:31 PM

Sagor and Swing


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth