Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY's Last Show Ever (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4464)

Amnesiac3240 07.25.2006 12:36 AM

SY's Last Show Ever

When they do break up and decide to end it, how do you think they should do it?

I think they should play their setlist in chronological order, playing the earliest songs first. And at the end they should completely smash their instruments in symbolism and do no encore.

Thats what i think anyway....

HaydenAsche 07.25.2006 12:37 AM

Then wouldn't they do it backwords? How the fuck can you smash an instrument during Reena or Incinerate?

foldback 07.25.2006 12:39 AM

Jeez... I saw the title of this thread and got the shit scared out of me.

afterthefact 07.25.2006 12:41 AM

I know, I was afraid they were calling it quits before I plan to see them on August 28th...

as far as how it should go though, I say break all the instruments FIRST, then play 2 hours on broken instruments :)

schizophrenicroom 07.25.2006 12:42 AM

i want the diamond fucking sea at the last show. i don't care if they play rather ripped for two hours straight then play that. just the diamond sea and i could die happy.

Pax Americana 07.25.2006 12:49 AM

I think that instead of smashing their instuments they should just beat each other to death with them. No encore... just them... dead. Now THAT'S how you call it quits. Either that or they could play all of Daydream Nation. I'd be okay with that.

afterthefact 07.25.2006 12:53 AM

they should kill Courtney Love at their last show. That would bring a balance to the universe I think.

static-harmony 07.25.2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
they should kill Courtney Love at their last show. That would bring a balance to the universe I think.

Or have her stomach pump and have a screen showing her drugs coming out of her stomach. While playin plastic sun.

kingcoffee 07.25.2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact

Yeah. Justification for killing Kurt Cobain. You know she did it.

I think they should first kill Courtney and hang her bloated, whorey, junkie body from a noose above the stage, play the best of their material in backwards in chronological order (completely skipping Rather Ripped), break all of their instruments and then have a gigantic sex orgy on the stage, burn Courtney's body, adopt Kurt's daughter Francis so Coco can have a sister to hang out with, and then blow up every single major record company in America via a large television screen like in the ending of Fight Club as Frank Black and the Pixies appear on stage to play "Where Is My Mind?"

kingcoffee 07.25.2006 01:00 AM

Now THAT would be the ultimate goodbye show!

krastian 07.25.2006 02:14 AM

Don't do this to me.

I'll be there....that's all I know.

HaydenAsche 07.25.2006 02:15 AM

I'll probably go.

schizophrenicroom 07.25.2006 02:22 AM

i don't feel like editing my other post. changed my mind. last song ever should be kill yr idols (with diamond sea right before it).

this gets me all misty-eyed.

HaydenAsche 07.25.2006 02:25 AM

The last show should be a big boardie party. I'll bring muffins or scones or something.

acousticrock87 07.25.2006 02:28 AM

For their last show they should play the enhanced 90 minute version of Scooter + Jinx.

HaydenAsche 07.25.2006 02:31 AM

They should play 'silence' over and over and over.

schizophrenicroom 07.25.2006 04:05 AM

or tuff titty rap. FUCK YEAH!

jon boy 07.25.2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
I can die happy, they played it at one of my shows and it was fucking fantastic. :rolleyes:

Really though, I don't like the thought of SY's last show. I guess it is inevitable, but all my bands are already broken up or dead... I still think SY sold their souls for eternal youth anyway, they have continued to make awesome music and have not aged since about 1985.

yeah i saw em do it way back and it was real good. still get goose bumps when i think of it.

Trasher02 07.25.2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnesiac3240
When they do break up and decide to end it, how do you think they should do it?

I think they should play their setlist in chronological order, playing the earliest songs first. And at the end they should completely smash their instruments in symbolism and do no encore.

Thats what i think anyway....

Nice idea except they should end with the burning spear and a hardcore noise part with guitar smashing and the diamond sea and every other song they've made i am not using commas or blehblih bluh
DEAD

sonicl 07.25.2006 07:31 AM

Should be with a full symphony orchestra.

They've interpreted classical, surely classical should be allowed its revenge.