Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   valentines (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10343)

jon boy 02.06.2007 01:08 PM

valentines

what you doing? with? where? or do you just avoid this day like the plague?

before pookie jumps in calling me all the names he can i would just like to say that i am not unromantic.

ploesj 02.06.2007 01:11 PM

well this will be the first valentine i actually spend with a partner, but i won't do anything about it. it's just plain stupid, 'this is the day to show your love how much you care about him or her'.. do that everyday, or whenever you feel like it.

i always thought about it that way and it hasn't changed now i'm in a relationship.

HaydenAsche 02.06.2007 01:27 PM

I'm going to pick up a friend from Minneapolis who is moving back to Willmar but doesn't have a car. I won't be spending it with that special someone as he lives far too far away anyways.

timtimtim 02.06.2007 01:45 PM

Probably something really lame.
but not as lame as that Hugh Grant and drew barrymore movie

Inhuman 02.06.2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
what you doing? with? where? or do you just avoid this day like the plague?

before pookie jumps in calling me all the names he can i would just like to say that i am not unromantic.

I'm planning to break up with my girlfriend within the next few days, so I'll be single. But other than that, I was invited to go to this girls house on the 10th for her birthday, and if it's a sleepover then cool cool, my valentines day's settled.

I agree with PloesJ about the "this is to show HOW MUCH you care about someone". Like it's pathetic and pretty much a business gimmick to give Laura Secord some money. Other than that, I do enjoy the atmosphere of people showing that they care about someone, but why on valentines day instead of any other day? It makes couples feel obligated to give materialistic things to show how much they love them.

tesla69 02.06.2007 02:23 PM

Its a slave holiday. C'mon! Its for the Robot Society.

I'm planning on seeing the Hidden Hand that night. Hmm, Hidden Hand and Sonic Youth together, that would be a killer fukking bill. HH might blow SY off the stage actually.

noumenal 02.06.2007 02:41 PM

Digimon + Wilco = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tnGRm-eyY

Trasher02 02.06.2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Do you just avoid this day like the plague?

Yeah...

Prisstina 02.06.2007 02:46 PM

Hell, I have school. I'll probably spend time with my boyfriend the weekend after, but I'll love him the same as any other day.

fishmonkey 02.06.2007 02:49 PM

i doing nothing and with no-body... ahh bliss!

king_buzzo 02.06.2007 02:50 PM

im going to chat to other losers exept myself on this board

porkmarras 02.06.2007 02:55 PM

I'm not romantic in a conventional way but i've bought someone a heart-shaped cookie recently.Valentine's Day is dire,though.It should be a day when couples get locked up in a room and left there for one day.

jon boy 02.06.2007 02:57 PM

it is sickening to be single and wander around when all you see are couples having a great time.

porkmarras 02.06.2007 02:58 PM

Especially in the summertime!!!!

ploesj 02.06.2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

it is sickening to be single and wander around when all you see are couples having a great time.

ooooh yeah that always made me sad.

Inhuman 02.06.2007 03:07 PM

I'm going to be really sad this valentines day because I was so happy last valentines day when my girlfriend gave me a heart-shaped box with letters and chocolates and this pendant and such. It makes me miserable.

ploesj 02.06.2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
I'm going to be really sad this valentines day because I was so happy last valentines day when my girlfriend gave me a heart-shaped box with letters and chocolates and this pendant and such. It makes me miserable.

aw that's bad :( it probably won't help at all but maybe you shoud try not to think about what day it is.. that's pretty hard though, with all the roses-hearts-kisses thingies.

Trasher02 02.06.2007 03:12 PM

They do this thing in school every year on Valentine's day that you can send a rose to someone anonymously for 1€...
And I never get a rose!!!
:'(

porkmarras 02.06.2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman

Last Valentine's Day i've had the messiest break-up ever.It happened on top of some more serious stuff that i was dealing with.It gets better,trust me.

ploesj 02.06.2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
They do this thing in school every year on Valentine's day that you can send a rose to someone anonymously for 1€...
And I never get a rose!!!
:'(

we can always just buy roses. so all the morons at my school (there are a lot of them) walk around all they giggling with a rose. and the ones who didn't get one start saying things like 'oh god look how she's showing off her rose'