Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   If there was a new SY record.. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=89306)

_slavo_ 03.30.2013 12:51 PM

I'd like the hypotetical new album to sound like Enter the Wu-Tang(36 chambers)

guest 03.31.2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I really feel like I need to hear Sonic Youth join forces with Portishead in some capacity before I die.

...why? this would be horrific...

Happy Birthday 04.01.2013 03:04 AM

I'd like to hear an acoustic Christian Rock album about the need for greater gun control.

SonikJesus 04.02.2013 03:07 AM

theyve done all they could. I dont think they could blow my mind anymore. then again they are my all time fav and have blown my mind a lot in the past. just not recently. maybe ive been desensitized to the youth.

raiinking 04.09.2013 02:17 PM

i'd like them to turn I Iove You Golden Blue into a 'dopesmoker' type deal. yo know? They could so do it. it would rule so hard.

raiinking 04.09.2013 02:19 PM

i just want them to get really spacey on the next album. like hire two new extra guitarists. and get Kim, to do a duet with yoko and coco...and antony(why not). it could be a cover- perhaps of ANN by the stooges but they make it like 30 minutes long. it's the whole b side.

i can dream can't i?

raiinking 04.09.2013 02:33 PM

THIS COULD BE THE COVER

Genteel Death 04.09.2013 02:38 PM

3 posts in a row on this thread. YOU ARE revealing yourslef. Hm......

raiinking 04.09.2013 02:45 PM

i just got really excited about brainstorming. i guess i could have edited my earlier responses.

raiinking 04.09.2013 02:47 PM

ps. i' really serious about evverything i proposed. it would be a dream come true.

bloodcrystallisetosand 04.11.2013 07:05 AM

Right, if we're Doing the ludicrous Speculative thing might as well do it right. Desert sessions style octuple album, it's the only way. Mescaline and tequila fuelled fortnight long wig out with various ringers - I'll go for mats gustafson, bring back jim, bob bert and scalvados, mike watt, Lydia lunch, samara whatshername for some strings, zeena Parkins, mike Patton and James chance, record everything, make some actual songs, some no wave skronkery, slacker grunge, free squawking nonsense, left field pop, kraut groove trance, stick it on eight slabs of 200g vinyl in a bespoke box made to look like a jazz master. Get mascis in for a couple too. And whichever beat poets are still alive - ferlenghetti perhaps? Go for broke, condense all 30 years into 14 unhinged days. Sonic life.

Rob Instigator 04.11.2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodcrystallisetosand
Go for broke, condense all 30 years into 14 unhinged days. Sonic life.

THIS!

guest 04.11.2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodcrystallisetosand
Right, if we're Doing the ludicrous Speculative thing might as well do it right. Desert sessions style octuple album, it's the only way. Mescaline and tequila fuelled fortnight long wig out with various ringers - I'll go for mats gustafson, bring back jim, bob bert and scalvados, mike watt, Lydia lunch, samara whatshername for some strings, zeena Parkins, mike Patton and James chance, record everything, make some actual songs, some no wave skronkery, slacker grunge, free squawking nonsense, left field pop, kraut groove trance, stick it on eight slabs of 200g vinyl in a bespoke box made to look like a jazz master. Get mascis in for a couple too. And whichever beat poets are still alive - ferlenghetti perhaps? Go for broke, condense all 30 years into 14 unhinged days. Sonic life.

sploosh.