Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   At last! It's Friday, time to go home! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=223)

sonicl 03.24.2006 11:42 AM

At last! It's Friday, time to go home!

Have a good weekend, guys and gals. Don't forget to buy flowers for your mothers.

That includes you, Miss Coco Hailey Gordon-Moore.

Hip Priest 03.24.2006 11:43 AM

Already got the Mother's Day stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to price decent SLR digital cameras, because it's time to take the next step. Sunday off to see a jazz band early, then to see my Mother, obviously.

shentov 03.24.2006 11:48 AM

good luck with camera shopping man. may the force be with you.

Hip Priest 03.24.2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shentov
good luck with camera shopping man. may the force be with you.

Thanks man. A beast called the Cannon D50 is looking good, but I want it at a good price, with a decent telephoto lens thrown in.

When I look hard enough for things, I usually get lucky eventually. It just might take a little while.

A Thousand Threads 03.24.2006 11:52 AM

mothers day??
shit, i totally forgot

Inhuman 03.24.2006 12:36 PM

Fuck! Nobody told me mothers day. I'll have to make her something. Other than that, have a great weekend! I'm kicking the jams with my band Saturday, and probably posting on here and doing homework sunday.

Kannibal 03.24.2006 12:44 PM

there's too many days for mothers or women or girlfriends or whatever female specimens.

sonicl 03.24.2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Don't forget to buy flowers for your mothers.

That includes you, Miss Coco Hailey Gordon-Moore.

I just realised, mother's day is on a different date in the US, and presumably elsewhere.

Coco: you can relax.

All other people in countries where it isn't mother's day this weekend: If you've just gone out and bought your mother a present, give it to her anyway, it'll be a nice surprise for her.

truncated 03.24.2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I just realised, mother's day is on a different date in the US, and presumably elsewhere.

Coco: you can relax.

All other people in countries where it isn't mother's day this weekend: If you've just gone out and bought your mother a present, give it to her anyway, it'll be a nice surprise for her.

Haha. That happened to me one year - I was living in Ireland for a while and we went shopping, and I saw all this Mother's Day crap out at Dunne's. I flew into a panic and sent something home to my mother, all the while thinking I'd gone crazy, because I couldn't remember Mother's Day being around Easter. The realization hit me later, so I told her I sent her a gift because I missed her. Awwww.

sellouteater 03.24.2006 02:58 PM

I just go home from school hurray for spring break.

Inhuman 03.25.2006 01:20 AM

God I'm bored...it's 1:00AM and I just got home from girlfriends. Least I'm jamming tomorrow :p