Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I realized that Kim... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=93940)

Pinkunicornnx 06.24.2013 09:22 AM

I realized that Kim...

Could be my grandma because I'm 15 and she's 60... :/
I think she would be the coolest grandma ever tbh :3

She doesn't even look 60... She looks like she's about 45-50 years old...

Toilet & Bowels 06.24.2013 10:32 AM

I'm 33 and Kim and my mother are the same age.

pony 06.24.2013 02:11 PM

I bet Pinkunicornx is Kim G's fake account

EVOLghost 06.24.2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I'm 33 and Kim and my mother are the same age.

My mother too....and my father is thurstons age...

SonicBebs 06.24.2013 03:04 PM

It is ridiculous that she is so damn cool at 60
She is nearly overtaking Steve as my favourite sy member

Pinkunicornnx 06.24.2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
I bet Pinkunicornx is Kim G's fake account

Lolwut?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.24.2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
Could be my grandma because I'm 15 and she's 60... :/
I think she would be the coolest grandma ever tbh :3

She doesn't even look 60... She looks like she's about 45-50 years old...

Doesn't even look sixty? No dissing Kim, but on the real, are we looking at the same Kim Gordon? This is a true story, but almost twenty years ago (!!) my moms saw a picture of Kim Gordon on a sonic youth album and told me, "See that is what drugs will get you. they make you look old." And that was in the 1990s!!

Pinkunicornnx 06.24.2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Doesn't even look sixty? No dissing Kim, but on the real, are we looking at the same Kim Gordon? This is a true story, but almost twenty years ago (!!) my moms saw a picture of Kim Gordon on a sonic youth album and told me, "See that is what drugs will get you. they make you look old." And that was in the 1990s!!

No way... In the nineties, she was in her fourties but she looked about 30 years old.. Maybe your mom thought she was 20? Where I live, sixty year old ladies aren't nearly as good looking as Kim tbh.. Believe me, they look really scary. Even my 50 year old mom looks older than Kim.... And my mom is certainly not a junkie, heh.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.24.2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkunicornnx
No way... In the nineties, she was in her fourties but she looked about 30 years old.. Maybe your mom thought she was 20? Where I live, sixty year old ladies aren't nearly as good looking as Kim tbh.. Believe me, they look really scary.

We're not talking about 1991 and, dude err.. chick (do accused trolls have gender?) I was THERE in the 1990s, and Kim wasn't exactly a spring chicken ;)

Quote:

Even my 50 year old mom looks older than Kim.... And my mom is certainly not a junkie, heh.

That's cold, to be shooting Yo Mama So.. snaps on the internet like that!

Pinkunicornnx 06.24.2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

We're not talking about 1991 and, dude err.. chick (do accused trolls have gender?) I was THERE in the 1990s, and Kim wasn't exactly a spring chicken ;)

That's cold, to be shooting Yo Mama So.. snaps on the internet like that!

I'm not a troll... I've watched videos, live footages and 1991: The Year Punk Broke and I think she looked kinda young.

And yeah... That's abit cold, I'm sorry but That's the truth lol.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.24.2013 10:18 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pinkunicornnx again.

hahaha.. I'm just playing with you. Its a bit hard for us sonic dinosaurs to fathom anybody new, let alone teenaged, stumbling onto what is left of our once glorious Sonic Youth Gossip. If you're legit, welcome, we need it, but you've been forewarned, this is the Forum of Lost Souls!

Pinkunicornnx 06.24.2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pinkunicornnx again.

hahaha.. I'm just playing with you. Its a bit hard for us sonic dinosaurs to fathom anybody new, let alone teenaged, stumbling onto what is left of our once glorious Sonic Youth Gossip. If you're legit, welcome, we need it, but you've been forewarned, this is the Forum of Lost Souls!

I'm 100% legit:)

Mortte Jousimo 06.24.2013 10:54 PM

I think Kim looks age of hers & that´s great because in this todays world almost every famous persons try to look younger they are. When I watched her last summer at the stage, I really could imagine her to my wife. And BTW, I´m 40.

Chris Lawrence 06.25.2013 01:14 AM

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed reading Pinkunicornnx's posts and was somewhat envious to see which albums they had yet to hear. Discovering SY's music was one of the most rewarding experiences of my young adulthood (and indeed, that reward continues to this day).

Nefeli 06.25.2013 01:48 AM

its her posturing.
i mean she has this great body, but its not just that. its the way she is 'handling' it. dont want to use the phrase 'body language', its not exactly that.

also, just sayin- in some cases, a divorce, flourishes you.

SonicBebs 06.25.2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
For what it's worth, I've enjoyed reading Pinkunicornnx's posts and was somewhat envious to see which albums they had yet to hear. Discovering SY's music was one of the most rewarding experiences of my young adulthood (and indeed, that reward continues to this day).

absolutely
i remember the first time i heard BMR (was only last year)
albums like that change things. its exciting

i still haven't heard the 1st ep or the 1st album. saving them for a rainy day!

Pinkunicornnx 06.25.2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence

I didn't hear NYC Ghosts and Flowers, The Eternal and pretty much all the SYRs except the first one... I didn't hear most of their solo stuff... I heard Psychic Hearts and Trees Outside the Academy... But I must say that I heard almost all their studio albums:3

SonicBebs 06.25.2013 07:18 AM

oh wow, imagine hearing NYCGAF for the first time!
it still fucks me up now how good it is!

Pinkunicornnx 06.25.2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
oh wow, imagine hearing NYCGAF for the first time!
it still fucks me up now how good it is!

But alot of people say it's a bad album?:/

Rob Instigator 06.25.2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
absolutely
i remember the first time i heard BMR (was only last year)
albums like that change things. its exciting

i still haven't heard the 1st ep or the 1st album. saving them for a rainy day!

You will LOVE that rainy day! (Just skip "Satan is Boring" trust me)