Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth In Italy (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24899)

Moshe 08.28.2008 10:04 PM

Sonic Youth In Italy

Sonic Youth will travel to Italy in October for two concerts. The first will be in Milan October 9 at Alcatraz. The second show will be in Bolzano Oct 11 at the Stahlbau Pichler. This show is in coordination with the Oct 10 opening of the 'Sensational Fix' exhibition at MUSEION. Details at the calendar page.

blunderbuss 08.29.2008 02:45 AM

Yay! I'm going to Stahlbau Pichler!

nicfit 08.29.2008 03:13 AM

yay! I might consider going to both! will plan carefully time and money...

greenlight 08.29.2008 08:02 AM

so tempted!

greenlight 08.29.2008 08:09 AM

should this be the time for some new material? hmm, doubt it, but you never know.

nicfit 08.29.2008 08:15 AM

I migh ask them for a ride from milan to bolzano ha ha :D.
Come come, the more the merrier the better chances to come up with a decent recording!
p.s. kinda off topic, photos/videos are allowed at the exhibition??

toxic johnny 08.29.2008 05:42 PM

I'm pleased for you Nicfit... I hope you get to go to both.

I really wanted to go to the Bolzano leg of the Sensational Fix tour but I just can't afford it.

barnaclelapse 08.29.2008 05:45 PM

It's times like this I wish I was decadently rich enough to say: "I feel like going to Italy to see Sonic Youth."

Alas.

wiapho7 08.29.2008 07:14 PM

anyone knows when sonic youth is comming to south america????

Moshe 10.01.2008 01:13 AM

Moshe 10.01.2008 01:15 AM

The Golden Jooklo Age has been invited by Sonic Youth as opening act for their italian shows.

Kegmama 10.01.2008 01:21 AM

Im happy for you nicfit. Have fun, rock the cock, etc.

Jef Mertens 10.01.2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
p.s. kinda off topic, photos/videos are allowed at the exhibition??

I believe you were only allowed to take pics at the entering exhibition piece by Christian marclay but my bet is you're not allowed inside the actual exhibition.
that was my experience in siant Nazaire, although any second now someone might pop up here telling you which great pictures they had taken.
Well, in that case i was wrong :)

nicfit 10.01.2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
The Golden Jooklo Age has been invited by Sonic Youth as opening act for their italian shows.

ha ha ha! A friend of mine is a member! buah buah!:eek:

blunderbuss 10.01.2008 05:32 AM

It's a major challenge finding out what they're like, isn't it?

Finally I found this review of one of their records:
An interesting start to the week with Golden Jooklo Age and their Tropical Trip LP, the presentation on this one is some of the best I've seen for ages with a mental totemic cyclops owl that's probably just beamed down from the heavens to take over our world via the power of the pentagram emblazoned on it's stomach. Then the vinyl is a complete splatterjob, looking like some hippy's eaten their tye-dyed T-shirt their dirty, water birthed child shat on at Glastonbury, vomited it back up and turned it into a record. Apparently they're all unique and I think I can say without seeing the entire run that they're all FAR FUCKING OUT. The music follows suit, being lengthy instrumental jams pushed along by throbbing, slightly dubby basslines and incredibly cymbal-heavy percussion, later morphing into Eastern rhythms that are making Ant talk about Apocalypse Now.. In fact that's a really good comparison, this is totally dark and otherly business that'd be a perfect fit on there. Not sure where the occasional skronky saxophone would fit in in 'Nam but it does the business here perfectly. Imagine Sylvester Anfang mixed up with one of The Stooges' Fun House jams and a touch of the Far East.. It's totally brilliant actually, I'm not doing it any justice because I'm crap at doing reviews at this unholy time in the morning (it's 11am for Christ's sake) but I'm sorely tempted to get one myself despite the hefty price. Apparently it's because there's only 100-odd, Qbico do that sort of funny stuff and they have to make their money back somehow I guess.. Highly recommended for the more adventurous improvisation lovers among you!

nicfit 10.01.2008 06:06 AM

there are a bunch of youtube vids too, not my cup of tea I'd say, but it might be interesting. I just hope audience won't "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO" them too much.

viewtiful_alan 10.01.2008 07:09 AM

When will a U.S. Tour come!?!

NicolįsD 10.01.2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiapho7
anyone knows when sonic youth is comming to south america????

Just like the "queens of the stone age song": nobody knows.

HOLDEN_a_sonicyouth 10.02.2008 05:26 PM

do you know if they will propose new track from "The Eternal" coming out in 2009??! I hope they execute TeenAge Riotttt
Viva l'Italia!!

max 10.04.2008 09:24 PM

ciao Holden... non esageriamo adesso :D
and Nicolas... it's NO ONE KNOWS by QOTSA... good call man!