Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee in Guardian: Sonic Youth 'ending for a while' (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=64742)

Keeping It Simple 12.01.2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
I like the Guardian, I bet you're a Daily Mail reader :rolleyes:

Of course, as it's only Daily Mail readers that slag off The Guardian. :rolleyes:

stu666 12.01.2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Of course, as it's only Daily Mail readers that slag off The Guardian. :rolleyes:

I knew it! but it wasn't because you slagged off The Guardian, I guessed a long time ago by yr views and replies that you post on here. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

EVOLghost 12.01.2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

In the meantime, what are the odds of a proper Kim Gordon solo record coming out???

Wow...I've never thoguht of this. That would be interesting. though, I'd suspect just another band project....or more Free Kitten.

rappard 12.01.2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Remember when Stereolab went on hiatus a few years back? They did so by announcing it on their website. And as he often does, Martin created a thread and posted about it as well.

I did? I'm not even a Stereolab fan (but I suspect plenty of people on this board are, so that's what probably "prompted" my post).

jennthebenn 12.01.2011 12:14 PM

It was notable to me that in all the hullabaloo after news of the split, when folks were throwing out examples of bands that continued making music after two of its members had divorced--no one mentioned Stereolab.

rappard 12.01.2011 12:40 PM

Really? Odd. That said, I can only think of Sleater-Kinney and Superchunk right now (besides Stereolab), but I'm sure there are tons more.

Derek 12.01.2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple

I will call your house and breathe heavily down the phone. I will break into your house with an axe and threaten you vigourously. I will take your sister, rape her and leave the blood on her throat to glisten in the moonlight. I will piss on your dad and pour acid on his face, leaving his face to collapse into a warm wet mush. I will take your head and stuff your body back up your mother's cunt, allowing you to wallow in her cold dead corpse.

jennthebenn 12.01.2011 11:14 PM

Yes, you're right, and Stereolab have made new music since Mary's death in 2002 and when Tim and Laetitia split not long after. My point was just about the observations in that thread, no more no less.

Keeping It Simple 12.02.2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
I will call your house and breathe heavily down the phone. I will break into your house with an axe and threaten you vigourously. I will take your sister, rape her and leave the blood on her throat to glisten in the moonlight. I will piss on your dad and pour acid on his face, leaving his face to collapse into a warm wet mush. I will take your head and stuff your body back up your mother's cunt, allowing you to wallow in her cold dead corpse.

Only psychopaths read The Guardian.

Keeping It Simple 12.02.2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
I knew it! but it wasn't because you slagged off The Guardian, I guessed a long time ago by yr views and replies that you post on here. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

stu666 12.02.2011 11:02 AM

ok Pookie

jon boy 12.03.2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I suppose you prefer The Sun then?

I wonder what sorta archival stuff they have in the works...

keeping it simple can't read.

SonicBebs 12.11.2011 04:51 PM

only paper i see people reading is The Metro

DaveCromwell 12.13.2011 09:54 PM

Morning commuters read on smart phones and iPads now.

Looking forward to seeing Lee and his band play Glasslands here in NYC this Friday!

impailk 12.15.2011 02:01 PM

Sonic Youth Gossip - Reply to Topic

Quote:

I wonder if Thurston diddled a groupie, and then Kim busted in and said HEY MISTER what are you doing? OH NO we are going to get divorced now!
???

Keeping It Simple 12.17.2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skully
I wonder if Thurston diddled a groupie, and then Kim busted in and said HEY MISTER what are you doing? OH NO we are going to get divorced now!

You never know.

DaveCromwell 12.17.2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

, what are the odds of a proper Kim Gordon solo record coming out???

Define proper.

What was all that Free Kitten stuff?

Well, of course I'd welcome any new music. ;)

ann ashtray 12.17.2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveCromwell
Define proper.

What was all that Free Kitten stuff?

Well, of course I'd welcome any new music. ;)

Free Kitten was a side project consisting of several peeps from several different bands....a proper "solo" album usually means one person rights all the songs, sometimes backed by other musicians. I don't really see Kim doing this, but I suppose it's possible.

DaveCromwell 12.18.2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Free Kitten was a side project consisting of several peeps from several different bands....

Thanks. I actually knew that. :) (My question was rhetorical).

Quote:

a proper "solo" album usually means one person rights all the songs, sometimes backed by other musicians.

I knew that too. ;)

Quote:

I don't really see Kim doing this, but I suppose it's possible.

She could always make a noise/bash album with Yoko Ono. :p

EVOLghost 12.18.2011 12:09 PM

Kim should just keep releasing Side2side as a single. I'm down with that....