Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Damn it California, will you just raise taxes already!! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=35881)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.19.2009 08:53 PM

Damn it California, will you just raise taxes already!!

There is no money for anything anywhere.. budget cuts budget cuts budget cuts..

Jesus California, if you must insist on not making appropriate cuts in over spending, would you at least raise taxes proportionately to generate the income necessary to sustain the millions of people in schools and colleges, and the millions of people dependent upon public services. It has been 17 years already, hey Republicans, you were wrong, get over it ;)

HaydenAsche 11.19.2009 09:00 PM

I called in a favor. Done.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.19.2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I called in a favor. Done.

thank you, are they going to fleece those rich bastards and close the prisons like I requested?

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada

HaydenAsche 11.19.2009 09:04 PM

We're just going to tax the fat white republican women. 100% sales tax on diet smoothies, bad Macy's sweaters, khakis, and door step delivered weight loss diets. 30% tax on spin class, yoga, and 'stripper fitness'.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.19.2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
We're just going to tax the fat white republican women. 100% sales tax on diet smoothies, bad Macy's sweaters, khakis, and door step delivered weight loss diets. 30% tax on spin class, yoga, and 'stripper fitness'.

excellent! what about the prisons though? Could we as a state perhaps shift our priorities so that we spend more money on schools than prisons, instead of the opposite?

pbradley 11.19.2009 10:28 PM

The problem of California, the people want all their beneficial programs but without having to pay for them. It is a dazzling example of the innate shortcomings of democracy. Most people will never want to pay more taxes. The worst thing about California is that it is filled with Californians.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 11.19.2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
The problem of California, the people want all their beneficial programs but without having to pay for them. It is a dazzling example of the innate shortcomings of democracy. Most people will never want to pay more taxes. The worst thing about California is that it is filled with Californians.

that is EXACTLY what I mean by this thread.

pbradley 11.19.2009 11:26 PM

I think it's the same sentiment of any Californian that would think beyond their personal short-term interests, regardless of political affiliation.

It's like the state embodies the stereotype of a careless mall rat with a credit card. Have the spending and pay the taxes, kill the spending and don't pay the taxes, but this cake having/eating is killing us and it just avoids the greater political gap this state has.

floatingslowly 11.19.2009 11:39 PM

lol brownouts

pbradley 11.19.2009 11:43 PM

lol grandma millie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOLNWF5QMxY

Satan 11.19.2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
excellent! what about the prisons though? Could we as a state perhaps shift our priorities so that we spend more money on schools than prisons, instead of the opposite?

schools are prisons

Silent Dan Speaks 11.20.2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Californians. The state is beautiful, but the people are such douchebags.

Satan 11.20.2009 12:51 AM

there's a whole lotta douchebags out there. for sure. there's douchebags everywhere but cali douchebags are a special breed.

Lamont Cranston 11.20.2009 04:00 AM

No see they make these budget cuts so then public programs go unfunded, then they have long pontifications on the inefficiency of the government and the gloriousness of the market and entrepreneurial spirit, then they shut down the government program.

Keeping It Simple 11.20.2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
schools are prisons

How would you know? You bunked off school most of the time.

akprodr 11.20.2009 08:01 AM

Now, now, its not just cali, NY is doing a real good job of emulating Cali--Guv is trying to prod the legislature but they are sitting on their asses.

But the larger picture is this: politicians pose sweet lies that the public wants to believe and they elect them--look at NJ and what was it, VA?

Keeping It Simple 11.20.2009 08:05 AM

Giving back California to Mexico might help.

phoenix 11.20.2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Giving back California to Mexico might help.

heh/

floatingslowly 11.20.2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Dan Speaks
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Californians. The state is beautiful, but the people are such douchebags.

few people living there are actual natives.

we all left long ago.

!@#$%! 11.20.2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
schools are prisons

only when they suck. they don't always suck.