Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

lechaoscestmoi 11.20.2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
 

if their music was just as good as their covers..

stu666 11.20.2008 11:24 AM


 

Derek 11.20.2008 11:27 AM

 

greedrex 11.20.2008 11:42 AM

an old PJ Harvey bootleg
it's excellent but the disc is knackered and skips and shit, i'm gonna THRASH IT
THRASH IT

stu666 11.20.2008 11:46 AM

which PJ boot greedrex?

now this

 

greedrex 11.20.2008 11:50 AM

It's called BIZARRE NIGHTMARES
i bought about 8 years ago, it's Bizarre Festival Cologne / Köln 98
it's a real bootleg as in the old days ; i bought it for something like 20 euros back then. It's like apressed CDr which i had never realized. rectof the Cd likes like it's a real pressed Cd but verso is turquoise blue like any shitty Cdr.
8 years after it's knackered , FUCK
It doesn't even SKIP , it kind of buzzes through out, like someone walking in SNOW over the sound. I'm listening till the end though, it's good hhaha
+ 7 bsides
too bad
i might try to save it to my HD and burn a new fesh cdr out of it just to keep it with the nice bootleggy artwork.

batreleaser 11.20.2008 12:17 PM

Little Claw-Spit and Squalor

earlier:
Mayhem-Wrath of the Tyrant, In the Nightside Eclipse
TFUL 282-I Hope it Lands (first time I heard this, honestly, its weak in comparison with the brilliance of all thier other albums, it sounds very conventional-Indie at times.

stu666 11.20.2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
It's called BIZARRE NIGHTMARES
i bought about 8 years ago, it's Bizarre Festival Cologne / Köln 98
it's a real bootleg as in the old days ; i bought it for something like 20 euros back then. It's like apressed CDr which i had never realized. rectof the Cd likes like it's a real pressed Cd but verso is turquoise blue like any shitty Cdr.
8 years after it's knackered , FUCK
It doesn't even SKIP , it kind of buzzes through out, like someone walking in SNOW over the sound. I'm listening till the end though, it's good hhaha
+ 7 bsides
too bad
i might try to save it to my HD and burn a new fesh cdr out of it just to keep it with the nice bootleggy artwork.


i have this on dvd it's pro shot from WDR you can probably still d/l it from somewhere if you want it.

PJ is HOT!

sonic sphere 11.20.2008 12:43 PM

ice cube-death certificate

stu666 11.20.2008 01:33 PM


 


thanks greedrex, i love this.

noisereductions 11.20.2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
ice cube-death certificate



Is that the one with "Ghetto Bird?" I confuse this one, PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION.

sonic sphere 11.20.2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Is that the one with "Ghetto Bird?" I confuse this one, PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION.


no, that's lethal injection! death certificate has steady mobbin' and no vaseline on it-it's his 2nd album

noisereductions 11.20.2008 02:22 PM

Okay, then I never had that one. I had the other two I mentioned.

greedrex 11.20.2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666

 


thanks greedrex, i love this.

ha yeah
told you!
enjoy

Sonic Youth 37 11.20.2008 02:37 PM

 

Kegmama 11.20.2008 03:44 PM

 

noisereductions 11.20.2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
 


still my favorite of hers. Stunning.

sonic sphere 11.20.2008 04:44 PM

the cramps-big beat from badsville

Derek 11.20.2008 04:47 PM

 

batreleaser 11.20.2008 05:05 PM

Killed By Hardcore Volume 3, can you say amazing?

uhler 11.20.2008 05:27 PM

more gorilla biscuits

greedrex 11.20.2008 05:36 PM

^^ yeah i find this thread really interesting cuz it creates connections and it's just as if you're in the fellowposter's livingroom with a nice cup of coco, browsing through their LP collection. Besides "Spires that" are a really good band. Modern leftfield Velvet. kinda. way out there. whatever.

gohleekwang 11.20.2008 05:37 PM

Flying Saucer Attack - In Search Of Spaces

radarmaker 11.20.2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
where'dya get that? I want it.


Right here ;)

Sonic Youth 37 11.20.2008 08:19 PM

 

Dead-Air 11.20.2008 09:00 PM

Autechre - Amber

uhler 11.20.2008 09:03 PM

nirvana

RdTv 11.20.2008 09:33 PM

this delicious soulful laid back delight of a record:
 

RdTv 11.20.2008 09:54 PM

 

gmku 11.20.2008 10:14 PM

stones.

I've been ill. and they're the only ones who soothe.

gohleekwang 11.21.2008 03:36 AM

Flying Saucer Attack - In Search Of Spaces (again)

sarramkrop 11.21.2008 05:39 AM

Plastic Crimewave Sound - Flashing Open

stu666 11.21.2008 06:07 AM


 

sonic sphere 11.21.2008 09:12 AM

da lench mob-guerillas in tha mist

noisereductions 11.21.2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
da lench mob-guerillas in tha mist



yr in full on Cube-mode, huh? Did you hear the track he did on the new Game album? It's good.

greedrex 11.21.2008 10:06 AM

just back from a hard but rewarding long day at work, i'm spinning this bastard.
 

Inhuman 11.21.2008 10:50 AM

To Live and Shave in L.A - God Country Rally

sonic sphere 11.21.2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
yr in full on Cube-mode, huh? Did you hear the track he did on the new Game album? It's good.


haven't heard it yet-i'll check it out tho!

noisereductions 11.21.2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
haven't heard it yet-i'll check it out tho!


The beat sounds like vintage Cube.

jimbrim 11.21.2008 11:21 AM

 


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth