Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   that essential album... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2510)

fishmonkey 06.02.2006 10:35 AM

that essential album...

Last night as i was beheading a million daisy's with my petrol powered cutting machine in my little garden of gethsemane... i.e. I was cutting the grass. i came to the conclusion that everytime i cut the grass i seem to be listening to Disk 2 of NIN's The Fragile, i dunno why it just seems like a fitting album when your executing a million plant life forms.

What album do you find yourself listening to while doing a particular task?
it could be Napalm Death while you make love to your good partner, Megadeth when your doing your weekly shopping or it could be ABBA while your getting ready to go out on Saturday night.

What album floats yr boat at what time..?

Rob Instigator 06.02.2006 11:02 AM

when I was growing up and my dad had me mow the lawn I would take my walkman and listen to side two of Van Halen's 1984, to hear "I'll wait" and then I would listen to side one. every single damn time.

RockerNino 06.03.2006 01:29 AM

when i was little my i would wake up every Saturday morning to The Smiths' singles. Every time I listen to that album i get soo nostalgic.

luxinterior 06.03.2006 01:48 AM

When I play basketball in my backyard with my youngest brother, I like to put on Pussy Galore's Live: in the Red. It makes me play better. That's what I listen to, unless the community radio station is playing one of my favorite programs. Either way it usually turns out being some sort of garage/punk/rockabilly sort of thing.

h8kurdt 06.03.2006 03:43 AM

James Brown when a I'm getting ready go to go IE/having a shit.

Can't really remember other times when I listen to an album specifically for an occasion.

krastian 06.03.2006 03:55 AM

I always end up listening to some NYC hardcore or something on the way to get me going if I have to go in and bust some ass....interview/stupid presentation. But sometimes I'll listen to some Phish just the same to chill me out to just remind me that it's all gravy:p

alyasa 06.03.2006 03:57 AM

The Queen Is Dead, when I go cycling alone at night.

king_buzzo 06.03.2006 05:00 AM

ill listen to nirvana anytime.

Trasher02 06.03.2006 06:35 AM

I listen to nirvana In utero when i'm pissed
And when i'm sad i listen to how soon is now from the smiths
When i ride my bike to school i listen to mote
when i'm high i listen to SYR2 because it's the only SYR i have.

fishmonkey 06.03.2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
I listen to nirvana In utero when i'm pissed
And when i'm sad i listen to how soon is now from the smiths
When i ride my bike to school i listen to mote
when i'm high i listen to SYR2 because it's the only SYR i have.

good answers Thrasher02

FruitLoop 06.03.2006 06:55 AM

I find that listening to Mayhem's first album while doing the dishes or cleaning up speeds things up. Also every sunday morning I listen to, well, sunday morning by the VU

And I used to listen to East Jesus whenever I had to write lab reports in genetics. Go figure.