Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lee opinion about SY future, in spanish newspaper (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=102394)

maropi 11.18.2013 09:12 AM

Lee opinion about SY future, in spanish newspaper

Link to the short "El Periodico" interview, this weekend.

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notici...-youth-2842806

I translate the last quote:

“I keep talking to everyone in the band, but we need a few years before thinking about it (to reunite the band). Everyone is on his own and is happy like this. All of us feel like doing other things”.

And regarding the criticisms for his recent lack of risk as a new sounds explorer (last two records, pop rock style):

“ Sonic Youth never pursued to make the sounds weirder or more experimental, like other people were thinking. We only wanted to make things we enjoyed with, and I’ve not changed regarding that, I’m doing the same.”

diskaholic-anonymous 11.18.2013 05:12 PM

c'mon lee a mature band like you need few years ? it's not about the side projects but the main question is kim and thurston .
i remember the ramones when joey and jonnhy didn't spoke each other but they assumed the compromise of the band till the end.

Rob Instigator 11.18.2013 05:23 PM

the Ramones became a fucking cartoon because of that bullshit. The members of the Youth know better than to pull that sad shit. They know and understand rock history.

Rob Instigator 11.18.2013 05:26 PM

«Me estoy divirtiendo mucho. Tras 30 años tocando con los mismos músicos no ha sido fácil acostumbrarme a otra manera de trabajar, pero estoy atravesando un periodo muy creativo. Salen canciones con facilidad»

Let me translate that last part: "I used to enjoy how Thurston never washed his balls, but over that last decade it has been a pain in the ass. His stank just wafts over the stage. Kim said that while she is still tasty and delicious, and always on the hunt for a juicy dong, she had to rebuff Thurston's advances, cuz of the stank, until he eventually found a young woman with no sense of sexual self-worth.

Crazy huh?

!@#$%! 11.20.2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
«Me estoy divirtiendo mucho. Tras 30 años tocando con los mismos músicos no ha sido fácil acostumbrarme a otra manera de trabajar, pero estoy atravesando un periodo muy creativo. Salen canciones con facilidad»

Let me translate that last part: "I used to enjoy how Thurston never washed his balls, but over that last decade it has been a pain in the ass. His stank just wafts over the stage. Kim said that while she is still tasty and delicious, and always on the hunt for a juicy dong, she had to rebuff Thurston's advances, cuz of the stank, until he eventually found a young woman with no sense of sexual self-worth.

Crazy huh?

haaa haaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaa

i'd like to re-rep rob but the machine won't let me

!@#$%! 11.20.2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maropi
“I keep talking to everyone in the band, but we need a few years before thinking about it (to reunite the band). Everyone is on his own and is happy like this. All of us feel like doing other things”.

thanks for that article eh

just to clarify what he means there ("keep talking") is that he's on speaking terms with everyone, not that he's trying to convince them to get back together-- not that your translation says that but some hopeful soul could maybe read that into it.

y otra vez gracias.

maropi 11.20.2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks for that article eh

just to clarify what he means there ("keep talking") is that he's on speaking terms with everyone, not that he's trying to convince them to get back together-- not that your translation says that but some hopeful soul could maybe read that into it.

y otra vez gracias.

Yep, you're right, someone could misunderstand it. Lee says he's in touch with everyone, friendly, just that.

rocky 11.20.2013 01:57 PM

Yes.. everything Sonic Youth has accomplished while together is still walking, flying, levitating its myriad paths through existence; still reaching and inspiring new people as well as continuing to be found in new ways by everyone who is already happily interwoven. : )

Rob Instigator 11.20.2013 02:10 PM

People who want to Real Deal, will always gravitate to Sonic Youth.

diskaholic-anonymous 11.20.2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the Ramones became a fucking cartoon because of that bullshit. The members of the Youth know better than to pull that sad shit. They know and understand rock history.

the youth are part of rock history...on the other level the ramones to. anyway i just miss the band.

diskaholic-anonymous 11.20.2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maropi
Yep, you're right, someone could misunderstand it. Lee says he's in touch with everyone, friendly, just that.

everbody is in touch with everbody...playing 30 years together it's not easy to forget.

greenlight 11.26.2013 07:32 PM

nice one Rob.