Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Courtney Love Discussion Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10907)

Inhuman 02.28.2007 06:28 PM

Courtney Love Discussion Thread

Discuss.

LittlePuppetBoy 02.28.2007 08:36 PM

Sometimes hot. Sometimes not.

Cantankerous 02.28.2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Discuss.

i am disowning her due to her recent plastic surgery (COMPLETE INHUMAN) but she looks super hot in that picture. and just about every picture from 96-97.

is all the clove discussion an attempt to lure me back to the board for good?

ZEROpumpkins 03.01.2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
Sometimes hot. Sometimes not.

Yup

sonicl 03.01.2007 03:58 AM

No! No! Nonononononononononononononononononononononono!

Banish this woman/thing from our board.

porkmarras 03.01.2007 04:19 AM

It's not even funny.

Rob Instigator 03.01.2007 10:13 AM

she used to be so beautiful.

too much plastic surgery now

Rocker/Actress Courtney Love was a pudgy girl with thin lips and a big nose, who changed her hair colour with the weather. Just before her band, Hole, hit it big, she had a nose job, lip enhancement, lost weight and went from dark to platinum blonde. In the mid 1990's she had breast implants put in, but had them taken out in recent years.

Rob Instigator 03.01.2007 10:14 AM

atari 2600 03.01.2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
she used to be so beautiful.

too much plastic surgery now

Rocker/Actress Courtney Love was a pudgy girl with thin lips and a big nose, who changed her hair colour with the weather. Just before her band, Hole, hit it big, she had a nose job, lip enhancement, lost weight and went from dark to platinum blonde. In the mid 1990's she had breast implants put in, but had them taken out in recent years.

Her whole nutty, capricious bitch package used to be somewhat attractive in the beginning, but she was never "beautiful." She's never been "beautiful" even by the quirkiest of definitions.

She's been a battle-axe road whore for a long while now. Something approximating a real-live and rather scary de Kooning-esque monster.

Rob Instigator 03.01.2007 12:50 PM

beauty lies in the eye my friend.

but she does indeed look like one of dekooning's "women"

Rob Instigator 03.01.2007 12:54 PM

screamingskull 03.01.2007 12:58 PM

i miss grunge courtney :(

contrelefuckingsexisme 03.08.2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

She's one very distorted version of Marianne Faithfull

Katy 03.08.2007 12:19 AM

Both times I've met her she was fun.

And I don't really give a fuck what she looks like.

S'all I knows.

Rob Instigator 03.08.2007 12:33 AM

cool

contrelefuckingsexisme 03.08.2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katy
Both times I've met her she was fun.

And I don't really give a fuck what she looks like.

S'all I knows.

is she nice?
i would love to meet her, but the whole idea is just too intimidating.
i feel like you could never tell how you'll be treated by her.

!@#$%! 03.08.2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
why would anyone wanna meet courtney love?

attracted to lice, perhaps?

!@#$%! 03.08.2007 03:44 AM

hepatitis c?

Katy 03.08.2007 03:49 AM

She's always seemed like a laugh to me. I don't know about "nice", i don't know her, but she seemed fun enough. Not unfriendly at all. First time I met her she was throwing her underwear at people (this was after a Hole show at the Brixton academy in 1998(?) maybe 1999), the second time she was handing out cigarettes.

Well, not "handing out" exactly.. she gave one to whoever asked if they could bum one off her. Which i thought was nice.

The impression i got was that if she likes you she LOVES you. If she finds something about you interesting or cool she'll TELL you and go on and on about it. She'll smile a lot and laugh a lot and spout off loads of information.. she's always in charge of the conversation and seems to know everything about everything. She seemed happy enough to meet people and talk, but she is ALWAYS in charge.. so you don't really talk to her, you say a few words then listen and watch her go. You know that expression "she owns the room"? She owns the room. It's partly her personality, but also partly just that she's really tall and looks kind of cartoony.. with the hair and the huge eyes. She's just very.. BIG.

ZEROpumpkins 03.08.2007 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
haha...im sure lice is pretty tame compared to other things that im sure she may have. anal warts?

Mega-aids?