Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone going to see Inception today? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40517)

Count Mecha 07.16.2010 11:20 AM

Anyone going to see Inception today?

The majority of information I know of this picture is purely from the trailers. I'd say it looks very exciting, with the potential to tackle hard sci-fi themes again, which is something that's been pretty lacking in cinema the past while, or at least Hollywood cinema.

For some reason when viewing the trailer I think about Blade Runner, couldn't say why.

Either way, looks slick I think, and I've always enjoyed Chris Nolan's movies, so I'm pumped.

Anyone else?

noisereductions 07.16.2010 11:24 AM

Ellen Page.

TheFoxBen 07.16.2010 11:27 AM

I'm so excited but it's only out next month here... Don't hesitate to write a (spoiler-free) review when you come back from the cinema !

Count Mecha 07.16.2010 11:36 AM

Will do. I glanced over some of the user reviews on IMDB, and thus far they have been pretty glowing. Rotten Tomatoes seems to share the same positive light as well. I'm always wary of any kind of review, after all Predators got some good ones haha.

But it'll be interesting, even some of the negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes still make me want to see it.

Can't wait.

davenotdead 07.16.2010 12:15 PM

i'll probably see it either sunday or tuesday

noisereductions 07.16.2010 12:20 PM

Ellen Page.

TheFoxBen 07.16.2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Ellen Page.

Can't rep you twice :(

noisereductions 07.16.2010 12:41 PM

so nice / i should be repped twice

jon boy 07.16.2010 12:48 PM

probably wait for the dvd. watched whip it last night so too much ellen page (that can be a bad thing) for me this month.

davenotdead 07.16.2010 12:57 PM

josepth gordon levitt is hotter than ellen page [no homo]

Count Mecha 07.16.2010 12:59 PM

the first thing I ever saw Ellen Page in was that string of episodes she did on Trailer Park Boys, back in 2002 or whatever.

She was cool but damn I had no idea she'd get as big as she did.

batreleaser 07.16.2010 02:50 PM

Saw the midnight showing. It was pretty great.

Keeping It Simple 07.16.2010 06:25 PM

I'm planning on watching it on Sunday.

Count Mecha 07.16.2010 09:11 PM

Yeah, I just got back from seeing it and it was indeed pretty stellar stuff. There are a whole lot of things I could say about it right now, but it'd be ridiculously long and no one would bother to read it. But I'll say as much, even if you don't like it, you have admit there are alot of guts that went into executing this story, there are some very abstract things going on.

Great stuff, better than both of Nolan's Batman movies, but not as good as Memento. Inception is great, definitely warrants a second viewing.

atsonicpark 07.16.2010 10:23 PM

Amazing film. I LOVE Nolan (except Batman Begins -- but I thought Dark Knight was GREAT).

9/10

My favorite film by him will probably always be Following but this was one clever, intelligent, well-acted (who knew it'd be possible to take DiCaprio seriously in a movie?!), brilliant, mindblowing film that works on so many levels. Never feels too complex, never feels dumbed down, just brilliant, would be a 10/10 but it's probably 15 minutes or so too long. My favorite character was Joseph Gorden Levitt (which, by the way, if you haven't seen Mysterious Skin, well.. that's one of my all time favorites too)...

GO SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE!

And you all know of my Ellen Page appreciation. I saw Hard Candy when it first came out and was like WHO IS THIS GIRL? She is pretty awesome.

pbradley 07.16.2010 10:29 PM

I watched Shutter Island on my flight to Korea and it got me more excited to see Inception (DiCaprio thriller mystery with fucked up dreams?).

One day, I'll see it.

alteredcourse 07.17.2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
josepth gordon levitt is hotter than ellen page [no homo]

Ellen Page is hot, but joseph gordon levitt is a damned fox.

I'll be seeing in the next week, definitely.

davenotdead 07.17.2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Amazing film. I LOVE Nolan (except Batman Begins -- but I thought Dark Knight was GREAT).

9/10

My favorite film by him will probably always be Following but this was one clever, intelligent, well-acted (who knew it'd be possible to take DiCaprio seriously in a movie?!), brilliant, mindblowing film that works on so many levels. Never feels too complex, never feels dumbed down, just brilliant, would be a 10/10 but it's probably 15 minutes or so too long. My favorite character was Joseph Gorden Levitt (which, by the way, if you haven't seen Mysterious Skin, well.. that's one of my all time favorites too)...

GO SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE!

And you all know of my Ellen Page appreciation. I saw Hard Candy when it first came out and was like WHO IS THIS GIRL? She is pretty awesome.

pretty much agree with all this. glad Levitt finally got another good role after MS. bro can act.

TheFoxBen 07.17.2010 07:00 AM

Joseph Gordon Levitt was THE shit in Mysterious Skin ! Can't wait to see Inception.

Keeping It Simple 07.17.2010 07:04 AM

We're talking about the guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun, right?