Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What if you began a serious relationship with someone.. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33187)

artsygrrl 07.28.2009 10:35 AM

What if you began a serious relationship with someone..

..and you really wanted this person in your life. How much of your past would you be willing to share (if he/she asked). What, if anything, would you sort of want to "save" for later in the relationship? Are there things wouldn't ever want he/she to know?
I know I have done some shit that I hope will never come back to haunt me.
Blah.

Derek 07.28.2009 10:37 AM

Generally I ask my girlfriend things I want to know and then regret being told it. Though sometimes she's admitted to just telling me things I want to hear and that makes me more angry actually.

Though with me... I've never really did any regretful things.

SONIC GAIL 07.28.2009 10:52 AM

The only way to have a seriopus relationship is to be clean about EVERYTHING up front. I have been with my man for 13 years now and believe me everything comes out in the wash, and it is better to deal with it now than later. I did alot I was ashamed of in the past, but if it is something he needs to know I will shamelfully devulge it all.

atsonicpark 07.28.2009 11:02 AM

I have always been completely, brutally, 100% honest about everything I've ever done, in history. This has gained me much respect, as well as alienated everyone around me at certain points. I do feel that you don't have to really volunteer every little detail... but if you get asked about it, you might as well be honest.

Lamont Cranston 07.28.2009 11:22 AM

So you wont be telling her about that time you shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

floatingslowly 07.28.2009 11:27 AM

I'm a fan of full disclosure (if asked).

otherwise, any relationship you start will be built on shakey ground.

find somebody who loves you and yr faults imo.

artsygrrl 07.28.2009 11:48 AM

I not only watched him die, I ate his corpse.

Rob Instigator 07.28.2009 12:51 PM

If asked I will provide all info and details, but I never ask. as long as it does not involve the risk of police breaking down my door, (or a drug dealer/pimp looking for his money) then the past is the past and I will wait until the other person divulges what she wants to.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.28.2009 01:10 PM

There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

I don't understand.

You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. So long, Dott.

MellySingsDoom 07.28.2009 01:57 PM

^^^Is that Peter Hook?

Satan 07.28.2009 01:58 PM

"don't ask, don't tell"

Sonic Youth 37 07.28.2009 02:04 PM

I believe in a goodly amount of creative omitting of details.

artsygrrl 07.28.2009 02:25 PM

amerikangod 07.28.2009 02:37 PM

I generally date children, as they're too young to have a history for me to get pissed over.

_slavo_ 07.28.2009 03:28 PM

you gotta keep some of your shit for yourself.
i'd feel naked if i did not have any secrets and shared everything with my partner.

terriblecanyons 07.28.2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl

I came

atsonicpark 07.28.2009 04:10 PM

:the different vital=plug-ins of chemical=anthropoids I murder the BDSM_existence-code the cold-blooded disease-module of the technocrisis soul/gram that accelerated her virus that DNA=channel to acidHUMANIX. =in the surrender-site of the reptilian form of the drug embryo where was switching the vital-junk scream made of retro-ADAM that accesses the techno-junkies' biocapturing form ultra=machinary eyeball device hunting for the grotesque is jointed to hydromaniac body....
:the blood of data=mutants the vital-junk tragedy-ROM of retro-ADAM....rave the techno-junkies' trash sensor soul/gram that flip on to the acidHUMANIX_murder region that jointed the body of the artificial sun LOAD like the cadaver feti eyeball of the dogs her human body pill crime system that is covered and hyperlink to the that modem=heart fuck PLAY.
:our rave brain the genomics hunting for the grotesque engine of the parasite guy that I invade functions the criminal body system that was infected HIV of the drug embryo that accelerates rape=VTR of her acidHUMANIX_soul/gram virus so....to the BDSM circuit made of retro-ADAM that was biocaptured to hydromaniac human body pill planetary digital=vamp. The ultra=machinary violence area of boy roid nature is streamed with the existence-code of her era respiration-byte....
:she I am infected the BDSM_existence-code that chemical=anthropoids escape with the cadaver feti eyeball streaming of the artificial sun that inoculates the acidHUMANIX_murder-protocol that was canceled so is output....the blue masses of flesh of the sky are emulated to the criminal brain system of the era respiration-byte of the drug embryo made of retro-ADAM. =>the terror fear=cell that dogs hyperlinked is attacked....the chloroform murder gimmick of boy roid nature accelerates in the genomics hunting for the grotesque area of the human body pill....blast the HYPE_vaio-code of the cadaver city.

Zombie Robot 07.28.2009 04:23 PM

my relationships have generally been based on a need to know basis. if they need to know i will tell them the truth if asked directly. if i need to know they better tell me the truth or suffer my wrath.

amerikangod 07.28.2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
i'd feel naked if i did not have any secrets and shared everything with my partner.

So be proud and naked! Stand tall, hands at your hips, chin up, dick swaying mightily in the wind.

pbradley 07.28.2009 05:59 PM

My deep dark secret is that I like to pretend that I have a sordid past.