Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   lightning bolt in dublin last nite! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2185)

PAULYBEE2656 05.25.2006 06:35 AM

lightning bolt in dublin last nite!

ok, just home from the gig, my ears are fucked. my god, what a nite. estel and give a man a kick supported. dj scotch egg did an impromtu gameboy/ipod/pedal set which was something to behold and lb trashed out killer jams for a good 90plus minutes. amazing gig amazing nite!!!!!!!

me like a fool forgot my camera, halfway to dublin when i copped it. i got a mates one so ill have a couple of photos at some stage!

wicked gig

Iain 05.25.2006 06:42 AM

Sounds nice. I don't think they played 90 minutes in Cardiff but I didn't count. I didn't know Scotch Egg was playing any of the other dates. He did a very short set in Cardiff which was nice but too short. He was better than all other support bands who were all really boring. He also played some records and talked over the top of them a bit.

wax 05.25.2006 07:27 AM

theyre coming to japan next week. 3 shows in tokyo and i managed to get tickets for 2 of em. with dmbq, hair stylistics and afrirampo! and i think all the shows are sold out now so i feel blessed. not so blessed that boredoms sold out before i could get a ticket though

did LB play mostly stuff from hypermagic mountain? its my least fave but im sure it doesnt make much difference live, they rock everytime.

PAULYBEE2656 05.25.2006 11:02 AM

a good spattering of all stuff really lb played, and one or two ones i didnt recognize. dj scotch egg played for about 15 mins top! wonderful gig. more of it.

boredoms tickets not selling too well for dublin gig tomorrow nite so plenty left!

gmku 05.25.2006 11:55 AM

They're good boys, those Lightning Bolt guys. They make lovely music, too.

Mackle 05.25.2006 01:03 PM

Paul, who told you the Boredoms tickets werent selling well? I'd say it'll be packed.

I'm more pissed that I missed DJ Scotch Egg than Lightning Bolt.

greenlight 05.25.2006 02:39 PM

amazing gig. it was sold out (couldn't believe how many people turned up). whelans was a wonderfull place in space last night. i couldn't hold myself and been headbanging for last half an hour like nuts to beautifull noise destructive drum n base. much more better live, much more. what a night, what a gig!

pity that magic markers were cancelled in the end. and they would play just next day after lb gig. that would be....

btw...myspace/djscotchegg

Iain 05.25.2006 02:56 PM

Yeah...Scotch Egg is pretty good. I've only seen him once and a bit times. He seems to play around here quite a lot despite being based in Brighton. I heard he doesn't have a vaild work permit anymore so he could get chucked out if immigration catch up with him.

jon boy 05.25.2006 03:00 PM

they are playing in leeds on saturday. i may go, but the amount of sheer self centred pricks i will have share the room with almost detracts from the gig itself.

PAULYBEE2656 05.25.2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackle
Paul, who told you the Boredoms tickets werent selling well? I'd say it'll be packed.

I'm more pissed that I missed DJ Scotch Egg than Lightning Bolt.

one of the guys involved with running it!!!

nicfit 05.25.2006 03:39 PM

i missed LB in italy a while ago,i hope to see them soon around here....

edit: pictures?

Iain 05.25.2006 05:19 PM

Some pics from the Cardiff show. Not taken by me I must add. I took my camera but didn't feel like wading through sweaty bodies to get a few wonky pictures. And these are better than anything I would have shot anyway. A prize to anyone who can spot me in the top 2 pics....it'll be like hipster Where's Wally or something.

HaydenAsche 05.25.2006 05:27 PM

Lucky motherfuckers. I love the mighty Bolt.

m^a(t)h 05.25.2006 05:59 PM

the only reason I wouldnt go to see LB is because it looks like it would be a sausage fest. I cant spot more than 2 girls in those pics...

i'm a guitar 05.25.2006 06:04 PM

the only reason i think i'll never see lightning bolt live is cuz they'll never come here,and i'll never go here:..(

m^a(t)h 05.25.2006 06:07 PM

yeah no bands ever come close to where I live

IAmTexas 05.26.2006 01:20 AM

i can't wait to see LB with Boredoms in Philly! they are excellent live i remeber them in philly last year it looked like an abandoned warehouse of sorts and people where seated on rafters like pigeons it was huge dance party! and of course at irving plaza when they jammed affter sonic youth's brilliant white kross encore... superb transistion!

sonicl 05.26.2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain

Some pics from the Cardiff show. Not taken by me I must add. I took my camera but didn't feel like wading through sweaty bodies to get a few wonky pictures. And these are better than anything I would have shot anyway. A prize to anyone who can spot me in the top 2 pics....it'll be like hipster Where's Wally or something.

I saw this photo and thought it was from the Dublin show. I thought loads of people had turned up in leprechaun hats!

nicfit 05.26.2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
the only reason I wouldnt go to see LB is because it looks like it would be a sausage fest. I cant spot more than 2 girls in those pics...

ha ha,you should try and go to a jesse mc carthy show,then :p !!!
thanks iain for the pics,last one is amazing...i bet you are the long haired guy behind the guy in the light blue shirt in the first picture.....actually i have no idea of how you look like....but if you are a boy (are you?) it's quite dificult to choose one among that pack of wolves....

Iain 05.26.2006 02:37 AM

Haha....no, that's not me. I'm over on the right hand side...pretty hard to spot I'd say.

It wasn't as much of a sausage fest as the picture suggests. There were a fair few women, they just stayed out of the scrum on the whole I suppose.