Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY in Record Collector magazine, May 2006 issue (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1531)

sonicl 05.05.2006 07:20 AM

SY in Record Collector magazine, May 2006 issue

SY are the subject of a four page interview in the May 2006 issue of the UK's Record Collector magazine. The article concentrates mainly on the Geffen era, and has barely a mention of Rather Ripped, but is a fairly good read for the SY newbie who wants a brief beginners guide to the period that picks up where the "Our Band Could Be Your Life" book leaves off.

Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.

m^a(t)h 05.05.2006 11:45 AM

Danny Elfman also does all the music for Tim Burton movies...

noisemachine 05.05.2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
Danny Elfman also does all the music for Tim Burton movies...

...except for Ed Wood, which I think is his best. Not that it has anything to do with Elfman; I love his scores.

greenlight 05.05.2006 01:57 PM

thanks for info.
any good pictures?

sonikjuice 05.05.2006 02:23 PM

That's pretty funny... I remember Thurston dissing Oingo Boingo (Elfman's old 80s band) in an issue of Sonic Death back in the day (1994?)

themawt71 05.05.2006 09:25 PM

Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.[/quote]

and apparently one of kims brothers girlfriends was killed by manson. so she says in that 20 years of sy tho manson never killed anyone. wonder who it was if its true

schizophrenicroom 05.05.2006 10:07 PM

wow, i didn't know that about kim. thanks for the info, this sounds like a neat article.

top 40 squeeze 05.05.2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themawt71
Interesting fact: When Kim lived in LA, before meeting Thurston, she went out with Danny Elfman, who wrote the them tune to The Simpsons, which SY later covered for the Homerpalooza episode.

Quote:

and apparently one of kims brothers girlfriends was killed by manson. so she says in that 20 years of sy tho manson never killed anyone. wonder who it was if its true

I think she probably meant that she was killed by the manson family.

terminal pharmacy 05.05.2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisemachine
...except for Ed Wood, which I think is his best. Not that it has anything to do with Elfman; I love his scores.

side note: interestingly howard shore composed the score and he has done most of cronenbergs films

fishmonkey 05.06.2006 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

wow, that is an interesting tit bit of data, thanks for the heads up, i'll check out that mag