Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I find this kinda ironic... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10401)

GeneticKiss 02.09.2007 12:32 AM

I find this kinda ironic...

"The Destroyed Room" isn't even on The Destroyed Room: B-Sides & Rarities...

It's a b-side and somewhat of a rarity, isn't it?

sun city girl 02.09.2007 03:12 AM

yeah, it's a b-side... i don't know how rare it is. they should do another comp of the older b-sides and name it after one of the newer tracks on 'the destroyed room'.

finding nobody 02.09.2007 07:14 AM

Heh, didn't even think about that
Kinda like how Beck's song One Foot In The Grave isn't on the LP one foot in the grave

nicfit 02.09.2007 07:43 AM

i added that song as track n°00 on the album in my itunes. It makes more sense.

OT : speaking of beck albums, can someone help me posting the ACTUAL "stereopathetic" tracklist?? the ones i found around the web (and on the back of the cd) are not corresponding with the track numbers on the audio cd...uff.

Magic Wheel Memory 02.09.2007 07:48 AM

And the Led Zeppelin song "Houses of the Holy" is not on the album called "Houses of the Holy," but on "Physical Graffiti."

sun city girl 02.09.2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
OT : speaking of beck albums, can someone help me posting the ACTUAL "stereopathetic" tracklist?? the ones i found around the web (and on the back of the cd) are not corresponding with the track numbers on the audio cd...uff.

here:

1. pink noise (rock me amadeus)
2. rowboat
3. thunder peel
4. waitin' for a train
5. the spirit moves me
6. crystal clear (beer)
8. no money no honey
9. 8. 6. 82
10. total soul future (eat it)
11. one foot in the grave
13. aphid manure heist
15. today has been a fucked up day
16. "rollins power sauce"
17. puttin it down
18. 11. 6. 45
19. cut 1/2 blues
20. jagermeister pie
21. ozzy
22. dead wild cat
23. satan gave me a taco
24. 8. 4. 82
25. tasergun
26. modesto

and then the "bonus noise".

so there's some little untitled snippets between some of the tracks. this is definitely the best beck album ever, btw.

i think there's a thread about title tracks that don't appear on the albums, or maybe that was on the fall forum...

nicfit 02.09.2007 08:35 AM

thanks sun city girl, wiki helped me out too : "There is also an alternate pressing that separates "No Money No Honey" over tracks 7 and 8 and breaks parts of "One Foot in the Grave" and "Aphid Manure Heist" over tracks 12, 13 and 14, which causes all tracks after "Crystal Clear (Beer)" to be off from the track listing on the back cover. This pressing also omits the short snippet of dialog called "Ken" and keeps the bonus noise on the same track as "Modesto." This pressing causes some online track lists, such as the track list at All Music Guide, to be incorrect."
yeah, I am alternative enough to have an alternate pressing :) --OT closed--

Danny Himself 02.09.2007 09:02 AM

I have the alternative broken pressing too. I got it at Wal Mart on vacation 2 years ago. Though there's some killer tracks on Stereopathetic Soulmanure, I think One Foot in the Grave is Beck's best LP.

sun city girl 02.09.2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
This pressing also omits the short snippet of dialog called "Ken"

too bad, that snippet is great.

finding nobody 02.09.2007 04:34 PM

Nicfit, http://www.whiskeyclone.net/disco/ is great source of Beck info

ZEROpumpkins 02.09.2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
"The Destroyed Room" isn't even on The Destroyed Room: B-Sides & Rarities...

It's a b-side and somewhat of a rarity, isn't it?

It's quite a well known B side as well.

Chris Lawrence 02.10.2007 02:55 PM

'destroyed room' was just included on the 'dirty deluxe' set a few years ago, probably why they didn't feel the need to include it again on the compilation that shared its name (which does sort of raise the question of why they used that name for the recent collection, if not only to use the cover).

and yeah, that alt 'soulmanure' fucked with my head for a while. my buddy had it and had no idea what i was referring to when we used to cover modesto waaay back and i'd always say 'that's cool!' at the end, which i believe is cut from the alt pressing.