Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31774)

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 06.03.2009 02:58 PM

Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet?

Woke up this morning to the UPS guy ringing my doorbell to drop off the package from Matador. Inside was my copy of the Eternal on CD (really strapped for cash, didn't want to shell out for the LP at the time but regret that now), the Battery Park LP, and two samplers from Matador and 4AD/Rough Trade respectively. Oh yeah, and the poster, which is one that was for the promotion of Sensational Fix and is all in French.

Am I really the first to receive my copy? I figured it'd take awhile, as I'm in Canada, but I haven't seen anyone else post about theirs yet.

Rob Instigator 06.03.2009 03:01 PM

You are the firsdt you lucky motherfucker.

I have to wait until I get back from my road trip to philly and NYC to get mine! the good folks at Vinal Edge will be holdingh tha mo-fo for me.

afterthefact 06.03.2009 03:01 PM

I got mine. The SoulSeek guy came knocking on my monitor glass the other day and dropped it off in the My Music folder.

Seriously though, I am going to buy it. I want the real deal, especially with this one, plus I question some of the track lengths with what I've got.

I want to hold this in my hand.

kenning 06.03.2009 03:08 PM

Anyone know if the poster and label samplers come with the BEGN CD/record store scheme?

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I got mine. The SoulSeek guy came knocking on my monitor glass the other day and dropped it off in the My Music folder.

Seriously though, I am going to buy it. I want the real deal, especially with this one, plus I question some of the track lengths with what I've got.

I want to hold this in my hand.

Rob Instigator 06.03.2009 03:21 PM

the poster for sure is supposed to come with the thing, I do not know abut the samplers.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 06.03.2009 04:51 PM

Just noticed that below the credits in one of the postcard-sized liners in the album is the message "Ron Asheton forever". Very nice.

Sonic Youth 37 06.03.2009 05:03 PM

I ordered mine from a store and now I'm 200 miles from it, so I'll have a 400 mile sonic pilgrimage to make next week.

marleypumpkin 06.03.2009 05:15 PM

I don't remember specifically what shipping method was used, anybody know if it was 2 day, or 3 day, etc.?

eternal 06.03.2009 07:42 PM

oooh this excites me since i thought i was gonna have to wait a while since i'm in Canada too. I got an email from matador earlier today saying it had shipped. i'll be sure to check tomorrow!

mushmanski, any way you could give a link to a pic of the poster? i have no idea which one you're talking about. also what city are you in (so i know if my order might be close lol)

exploding plastic candle 06.03.2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I ordered mine from a store and now I'm 200 miles from it, so I'll have a 400 mile sonic pilgrimage to make next week.

you should just order it again from a closer store, it would probably even less than gas for that trip. I don't know though, 200 miles would only heighten the anticipation. and then you'd have a few hours to let it sink in.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 06.03.2009 08:00 PM

I don't have a digital camera on me, but I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It has the heading "Sonic Youth Sensational Fix etc." with "Du 18 Juin au 7 Septembre 2008" and then the date of what I assume was a show in France last year. The bulk of the poster is a drawing of a girl's head and neck in purple and white with what look to be flowers around her. Then at the bottom it's got some more French (looks like venue contact info).

[Sandbag] 06.03.2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact

hahahahahaha

too bad I didn't order anything.. I'll have to visit a record shop and pick a copy by myself...
I wonder what the artwork/sleeve looks like

al shabbray 06.03.2009 08:24 PM

argh, my copy will take the long way over italy...

NICFIT any NEWS so far?

Sonic Youth 37 06.03.2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exploding plastic candle
you should just order it again from a closer store, it would probably even less than gas for that trip. I don't know though, 200 miles would only heighten the anticipation. and then you'd have a few hours to let it sink in.

There's no closer store. I'll be going to look at apartments in that city anyway, so I might be a day or two late in picking it up.

Concrete Abutments 06.03.2009 08:35 PM

My copy of the Japanese box is in NY right now. Maybe tomorrow?

d~rek 06.03.2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Sandbag]
hahahahahaha

too bad I didn't order anything.. I'll have to visit a record shop and pick a copy by myself...
I wonder what the artwork/sleeve looks like

http://www.matadorrecords.com/matabl...vinyl-package/

firstfan84 06.04.2009 12:45 AM

Got mine yesterday. I live in holland.

SonicBebs 06.04.2009 02:28 AM

how many sy albums can you fit into 200 miles?

Santa's Monkey 06.04.2009 04:25 AM

Mine just arrived (from US Matador store -> UK) which was a bit of a surprise since I only got the despatch notice yesterday! I got the samplers too, but no poster - unless it's hidden within the vinyl. But I'm at the stage in life where I can live without posters!

chrome noise tape 06.04.2009 04:49 AM

no!...i'll be waiting at least one month after the album come out...this can be an eternal waiting...