Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crappy gaydar (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17688)

Alex's Trip 11.11.2007 11:49 PM

Crappy gaydar

Yeah, I have the lamest gaydar in the world. Synth, Porky, Hayden, other forum queers...how is yours?

I think this guy was flirting with me in a coffee shop, but I couldn't tell at all. Lol.

Oh well, I like to think he was.

avantgarde1 11.12.2007 01:11 AM

i'm straight and i have superb gaydar. when i use to live in key west, one of my friends was an MC at one of the drag bars, and me him & my x-wife use to go there and watch her perform. every now and again (when i was broke or being funny), i'd take off my wedding ring and have my wife stand a few feet away, and wait for some guy to hit on me. then i'd fenagle a drink outta him, say thanks and walk over to my wife. lol, man that shit was funny. gay bars... the only place a straight man can act like a dirty slut of a woman.

Alex's Trip 11.12.2007 01:18 AM

Hahaha. That's funny. But it'd suck to be the dude who bought you a drink, you manipulative bastard. :p:

avantgarde1 11.12.2007 01:45 AM

lol, yeah but they were usually good sports about it. we'd all have a laugh, then do some shots. although once there was a guy who was pissed! almost got into a fight w/ him too. he was one of those "lives in the gym" gay guys too... he was swole as fuck! thank god my buddy diffused the situation. something i learned the hard way... if yr a straight guy in a gay bar... use the womens bathroom. it's totally kool w/ the chicks, and you won't get a "peter gazer" peeking over the partition or stall. a word to the wise.

SynthethicalY 11.12.2007 01:59 AM

I have bumped into several occasionally. I have flirted with them, there is this guy at work who I am always flirting with, but he is an idiot. But I never take it more than that.

HaydenAsche 11.12.2007 09:06 AM

My gaydar is exceptional. I can spot a queer from miles away.

sarramkrop 11.12.2007 09:15 AM

Very good. It's not perfect because some guys simply you wouldn't tell they're gay.

krastian 11.12.2007 02:06 PM

It's def. really good when talking to someone face to face, but it can get a little tricky just by looking at somebody in a crowd (especially in this day in age). I know I really don't come off as THAT "gay" myself, so yeah, it can sometimes be a little tricky. The Dark Gift is different for us all.

girlgun 11.12.2007 05:44 PM

i really don't have very good gaydar at all unless they're obviously gay. i think straight guys are gay or gay guys are straight. just not so good.

Savage Clone 11.12.2007 06:15 PM

I'd say I'm right about 70% of the time.

sarramkrop 11.13.2007 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
why do gay men feel the constant need to remind everyone that they are gay? even in the most suttle of ways.

yeah, its not that hard to tell when someone is gay these days. not usually. there are exceptions to everything.

Because we're gay. Gay, you know, like gay.

SynthethicalY 11.13.2007 05:15 AM

Am I gay?

krastian 11.13.2007 05:02 PM

Judging by the cock suck, I'd say yes.

the ikara cult 11.13.2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

why do gay men feel the constant need to remind everyone that they are gay? even in the most suttle of ways.

yeah, its not that hard to tell when someone is gay these days. not usually. there are exceptions to everything.

They dont really. No more than idiots feel the need to remind you of how detrimental to humanity they are.

I have the most insensitive gaydar there is, i just cant tell. A while ago a female freind of mine had recieved some roses for Valentines day and i was going
"sooo who's sending you roses then!"
and she went
"Well... you know Sarah?"
and i went
".........."
".........."
"....OH!"

Alex's Trip 11.13.2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Why do you make broad assumptions about the motives of others on the internet?

gmku 11.13.2007 11:16 PM

Best way to tell, give a guy a long hug and see how hard he gets.

PAULYBEE2656 11.14.2007 07:57 AM

is there such a thing as a straightdar?

MellySingsDoom 11.14.2007 08:53 AM

My gaydar is notoriously useless. Then again, I am useless anyway, so whadyya gunna do?

PS Hello sarramkrop. Long time no speaky. How be you?

sarramkrop 11.14.2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
My gaydar is notoriously useless. Then again, I am useless anyway, so whadyya gunna do?

PS Hello sarramkrop. Long time no speaky. How be you?

Gay, thanks. Yourself?

MellySingsDoom 11.14.2007 09:07 AM

sarramkrop - Hmm, gay too, I think. But good, nonetheless.