Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eazy E, the only nigga to eat lunch with the President at the Whitehouse! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21566)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.30.2008 03:56 PM

Eazy E, the only nigga to eat lunch with the President at the Whitehouse!
 
Eazy-E's status as a controversial figure took an unusual turn when he accepted an invitation to a lunch benefitting the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle hosted by President George Bush in March of 1991, a little less than a year after conservatives had deemed his music obscene in Florida. Since his presence among the right-wing politicians struck the media as somewhat absurd, the event was reported across the country over the next 24 hours.
Not surprisingly, Eazy-E found it necessary to explain in a brief television interview that his invitation was the result of a $2,500 campaign contribution, which he had made to a Republican politician who stood against censorship. Although this made the point that freedom of speech debates cut through party lines, the rapper's appearance among the Republican powers still left many of his fans ill at ease, since Bush's economic policies generally were not seen to be promoting the welfare of inner-city African-Americans. When Eazy-E spoke with Light about the incident that year, he denied any allegiance to the G.O.P. "How the f-- can I be a Republican when I got a song called 'F-- tha Police'?" he asked. "I ain't shit--ain't a Republican or Democrat. I didn't even vote. My vote ain't going to help! I don't give a f-- who's the president."

 

well, there used to be pictures of this event on the internet, but after twenty minutes I could not find them. Regardless what you know about Eazy E, the only motherfucker to rock a Compton hat and jerry curl at a lunch in the white house with President Bush and a meeting of conservative Republican senators! take that America! Fuck the establishment! No suit, no tie, no bullshit. In the picture of him with president Bush, he looks exactly like he does above.

Here are some pictures of Eazy's softer side....
 


 


 

MaxBeta 04.30.2008 03:57 PM

Eazy E got aids from F Mercury

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.30.2008 03:59 PM

 


 


 


 

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.30.2008 07:46 PM

 

avantgarde1 05.01.2008 01:34 AM

Next week, in racist headlines weekly...

floatingslowly 05.01.2008 12:25 PM

why's he gotta be a nigga??

Everyneurotic 05.01.2008 12:38 PM

i love white boys when they act black.

Rob Instigator 05.01.2008 01:03 PM

he is whatever ice cube wrote for him to say he is

!@#$%! 05.01.2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i love white boys when they act black.


i didn't know that side of you, you closeted bi!

but anyway, congratulations on your coming out :)

Rob Instigator 05.01.2008 01:53 PM

 

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.01.2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
why's he gotta be a nigga??


"Nigga. Nigga. Nigga
Nigga. Nigga
Nigga, please
I'm treated like a fuckin disease.
You say: why can I call myself a nigga so quick?
Cause I can reach in my draws and pull out a bigger dick
Yo! niggas say nigga we cool
But, cracker say nigga not to fuck up
But I got to be a fast nigga
To never be the last nigga
Or I have to beat your ass, nigga
In the city you see action first
Then hear about it later
In a verse I curse
Because I'm real with this to keep my shit straight bumpin'
Murder created by the streets of Compton
I get it from the underground poet
I live it, I see it, and I write it
Because I know it
And if you think I'm fucking your wife
Your mother fuckin' right
Yo! Because I'm a nigga for Life

It's plain to see, you can't change me
'Cause I'm a be a nigga for Life

"

Eazy E




"I'm a nigga he's a nigga she's a nigga we some niggaz wouldn't you like to be a nigga too?" Eazy E


answer yr question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i love white boys when they act black.


I love it when people stereotype black as being some kind of universally homogenous racial experience/identity which can be somehow emulated by so-called other racial groups. You can not "act black", you can only happen to be black, but even that is debatable, as race is a social construction. In Africa, they were not black until some white folks showed up. You are only racially defined in the context of otherness, white to black, brown to white etc... so how can you act a race?

Rob Instigator 05.01.2008 02:40 PM

and now a word from our sponsor
Public Enemy's Flava Flav

How can you say to me yo my nigga
Cursin' up a storm with your finger on a trigger?
Feelin' all the girls like a big gold digger
Take a small problem
Make a small problem bigger
Yo I ain't poor, I got dough
Don't consider me your brother no more?
Goddamn kilogram how do you figure?
I don't want to be called yo nigga
Yo nigga
Hey
Yo nigga
I try to make my statements
Stick like flypaper
Judge says to me yo nigga sign these goddamn papers
My boss told me yo nigga you're fired

My body told me yo nigga you're tired
Yo nigga this, yo nigga that
I know you're a nigga now 'cause your head got fat
Flava framalama boy you won't figure
I don't wanna be called yo nigga
Yo nigga
Break it down
N.I.G.G.E.R.
Nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga,nigga, nigga, nigga
Everybody sayin' it
Everybody playin' it rolling on the scales
'Cause everybody's weighin' it
Toby say "yo I be good nigga
Let me get a shovel make a good digger"
I don't care how small or bigger
I don't want to be called yo nigga
Yo nigga...

Pookie 05.01.2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
"Nigga. Nigga. Nigga
Nigga. Nigga
Nigga, please
I'm treated like a fuckin disease.
You say: why can I call myself a nigga so quick?
Cause I can reach in my draws and pull out a bigger dick
Yo! niggas say nigga we cool
But, cracker say nigga not to fuck up
But I got to be a fast nigga
To never be the last nigga
Or I have to beat your ass, nigga
In the city you see action first
Then hear about it later
In a verse I curse
Because I'm real with this to keep my shit straight bumpin'
Murder created by the streets of Compton
I get it from the underground poet
I live it, I see it, and I write it
Because I know it
And if you think I'm fucking your wife
Your mother fuckin' right
Yo! Because I'm a nigga for Life

It's plain to see, you can't change me
'Cause I'm a be a nigga for Life

"

Eazy E




"I'm a nigga he's a nigga she's a nigga we some niggaz wouldn't you like to be a nigga too?" Eazy E


answer yr question?



I love it when people stereotype black as being some kind of universally homogenous racial experience/identity which can be somehow emulated by so-called other racial groups. You can not "act black", you can only happen to be black, but even that is debatable, as race is a social construction. In Africa, they were not black until some white folks showed up. You are only racially defined in the context of otherness, white to black, brown to white etc... so how can you act a race?

Racist.

demonrail666 05.01.2008 05:08 PM

As a black man myself, I refute the use of the word 'nigga' by anyone other than ma bitches.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 05.01.2008 05:17 PM

my maid doesn't seem to mind when i call her nigga, but slaps me bout the face with her dusta if i call her nigger

demonrail666 05.01.2008 06:59 PM

Anyway, back to reality (as Soul II Soul might say) Eazy E/NWA probably did more to attract silly little suburban white kids with dreams of hangin' in da Ghetto, than any Rap outfit before them. However great and groundbreaking the album Straight Out of Compton certainly was, it definitely helped turn Rap from being a cutting edge art form into what it is now, an extended apology for anti-social behaviour with it's controls set firmly for the heart of the frat pack.

Everyneurotic 05.01.2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i didn't know that side of you, you closeted bi!

but anyway, congratulations on your coming out :)


sure dah'ling.

it's the trolling on the emo board, it's starting to rub off.

now excuse me, i need to trim my pencil mustache.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.01.2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Anyway, back to reality (as Soul II Soul might say) Eazy E/NWA probably did more to attract silly little suburban white kids with dreams of hangin' in da Ghetto, than any Rap outfit before them. However great and groundbreaking the album Straight Out of Compton certainly was, it definitely helped turn Rap from being a cutting edge art form into what it is now, an extended apology for anti-social behaviour with it's controls set firmly for the heart of the frat pack.


that makes the assumption that rap music was ever some sort of cutting edge art form to begin with. check the albums, it was not really as conscious as people remembered, it was just a bunch of rappers trying to hard to pretend to be conscious because that was the vibe of the 80s. In the 90s, rappers just started to be themselves and stop pretending to be things they were not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth